Cody and Amanda should now be in contention for Fighter of the Year

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TheLoneWolf527, Dec 30, 2016.

1. TheLoneWolf527

TheLoneWolf527 Purple Belt

Cody went 4-0 this year, winning the BW Title and beating the #1 ranked Bantamweight for essentially history.

Amanda went 3-0 herself absolutely decimating both Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey.

Stipe and Bisping definitely had huge years, but these two can't be ignored now.

2. tat2man5k

tat2man5k Black Belt

Agreed...along with Bisping and Conor.

3. Andrew06

Andrew06 Brown Belt

let's be honest though, it's bisping

muaytao likes this.
  4. I still got Steve Bosse vs Sean O'Connell
    <{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

edit - you said fightER, im way too baked. gotta give it to mcgregor. avenges loss to nate, grabs another belt, shatters another record.

5. muaytao

muaytao Brown Belt

6. MrMightyMouse

MrMightyMouse Green Belt

MCgoat Gets that honor!

7. Mittens

Mittens Green Belt

Heck, I was in the "lol, neck tattoo" brigade and basically just figured it was nu-UFC matchmaking to please the portion of fans who are into these type of guys (McGregor, Perry, etc) and that it would be an eazy cruz to yet another victory for the champ. Crow for breakfast at the house of Mittens, and especially as it was an actual full fight victory instead of a flash KO or something else that leaves "questions" floating. Combined with his earlier year, sure - I have no reservations whatsoever calling Cody the Fighter of the Year 2016. Heck, this is nearly Shogun's or Jones' "best year" territory here.

Not to take anything away from Nunes, of course. Killing even modern Ronda that spectacularly. But Cody's the Man.

8. TheLoneWolf527

TheLoneWolf527 Purple Belt

McGregor went 2-1 this year with one of his two wins being a close majority decision. The fact that he was holding a title already doesn't matter because he didn't win it this year.

Personally I still put Stipe above Bisping given WHO he fought but it looks like most people say it's Bisping.

9. MMArtsfan

MMArtsfan Orange Belt

I would say Stipe's arguement lies in the HOW rather than the WHO. Based on who, Bisping beat the MW GOAT, the MW #1, and a legend (albeit far over the hill). But he did it through 2 close decisions and a 1st round KO. Compare that to Stipe who had 3 1st round KOs of the HW #1, a top 5, and a top 10. The who definitely falls in Mike's favour, but I was much more impressed with Stipe's clear domination.