Coconut Water: Zico vs Vita Coco vs O.N.E.

fad3r

Mandirigma
@Orange
Reaction score
Which is your favorite and why? Which one tastes more like drinking straight from a coconut?

Discuss.

I have yet to find a bottle of coconut water in any grocery stores. I hear it's uber expensive though. occasionally I'll buy a coconut for kicks if that helps.

I have yet to find a bottle of coconut water in any grocery stores. I hear it's uber expensive though. occasionally I'll buy a coconut for kicks if that helps.

Wegmans carries coconut water, but it's in cartons (like juice boxes), not in bottles (not that I've seen, anyway). Not sure if you specifically wanted a bottle. Or have any Wegmans near you.

I think vitacoco tastes the best but I don't drink it enough to really try too many brands/flavors

I bought one of each and the ones that come in the white plastic bottles taste like crap. The white bottled ones have a plastic chemical taste too them. Tomorrow, I will try the juicebox ones and see if they are better tasting.

The advantage of coconut water for me is the ultra high potassium content. This really helps me prevent muscle cramps.

i got a thing of one coconut water from trader joes. It tasted like baked beans. Needless to say it was pretty terrible.

For plain Coconut water I like Amy and Brian's. They only have plain, plain with coconut pieces and Lime and they were kinda cheap at Whole Foods.

Overall I'd say Vita-Coco Passion Fruit is the best by far.

O.N.E.

When training hard, I drink a 8-12oz everyday after my workout. I love coconut water.

Is there a reason you don't just buy the coconuts themselves and drink from them?

I like vitacoco but don't know much about other brands. What are the big advantages of drinking coconut water anyways? I hear it's good for hydration but is it really so much better than water or sports drinks with electrolytes?

I bought 2 cases of Vita Coco when I found it pretty cheap at a grocery store and the thing with them is that one carton can taste different from the next. Some are sweeter and some are tasteless like water. Makes sense since if you were to pick coconuts, which I would do in Bangladesh, it's just the luck of the draw. I've also tried ONE a couple times and those usually taste the best. However even buying in bulk they end up being $1.25 for a small bottle (11oz) and right now I can the 32 oz gatorade for $1. Coconut water is just too expensive to drink on a regular basis, especially now that I have a baby girl and she shits through diapers like a maniac.

Is there a reason you don't just buy the coconuts themselves and drink from them?

Stacking 12 little Vita-Cocos in the fridge = Easy

Stacking 12 Coconuts in the Fridge = Comedy

Also opening a can/ bottle is easier than cracking open a coconut.

^ add the fact that coconuts are just as expensive if not more and usually contain less water.

I've never bought coconut water, but I did buy a coconut once, and while it was a pain in the ass to get the flesh out etc, I put the coconut water in with my morning shake and it was great. If I did buy coconut water, I'd probably put it in with my post workout shake since it's supposed to aid in recovery.

everytime i go to a thai restaurant i always get coconut juice. Damm its soo good, but i agree, they are expensive !

look at the ingredients of this stuff before you get sucked in.

most of this stuff is tweaked like a soda pop. with just as much added sugar.

Add the fact that I have seen no young coconuts for sale in the grocery where I live. They have it for sale at walmart here. Also, at super-store.

How much are coconuts in the states?

Here in Australia, we get coconuts for $1.50 each. I buy one almost everyday and blend the coconut flesh into my morning shake while retaining the water for PWO.

look at the ingredients of this stuff before you get sucked in.

most of this stuff is tweaked like a soda pop. with just as much added sugar.

Almost all the top brands ingredients are Coco Nut Water, Natural Fruit Flavor and Asorbic Acid(Vitamin C)

The sugar you find is natural because all fruits have some form a sugar. A soda has 25-30 grams of sugar from added sugar, Coconut water has 10-15 grams of sugar from natural fruit, huge difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back