Coconut water: Yay or Nay?

If I ever go for a run, I'll definitely try some. Until that day arrives, it'll remain an unexplored mystery for me.

Coconut milk yay, coconut water's fucking gross. I love actual water, no need to fuck with it.

haha, this thread to me really proves that it does depend on the brand. it seems that, for whatever reason, the way certain brands make the water, or where the coconuts come from, really makes the difference.

Coconut milk yay, coconut water's fucking gross. I love actual water, no need to fuck with it.

but theyre not fuckin with water. its just comin out of the coconut.

Love it from a coconut

None of the packaged stuff I have tried is good at all, haven't tried many but what I did try was pretty inferiour to straight from the coconut.

Meanwhile:

Anyone got any tips on openning a coconut?

My current method involves a screw driver, a hammer and big fucking mess.

machete/katana.

seriously

yup it's tastey and great after a nite of drinking

Had it once(not from the source), didn't like the taste. I'll stick to water.

Yay but only fresh ones, I never buy the ones packaged. Aside from being expensive doesnt taste good. I love it along with the meat. Better then Gatorade

Coconut milk is awesome. Weird taste and texture that takes time to get used to for a lot of people. I don't like coconut meat, but that liquid is so fucking good.

You can use that shit as IV fluid in an emergency to keep you hydrated. Don't hate.

Yay! In Brazil people usually drink from the source, but the bottled version is also sold.

30794-ronaldo-620x0-2.jpg

Nothing beats drinking coconut water at the beach.

Drank water straight out of a coconut once, made me want to hurl. I'm pretty sure it was a bad one... the water looked ... weird....

Yea you can occasionally get really bad ones.

I live in South East Asia, so I get my Coconut water from the fruit itself. It's my favorite Fruit "juice" and no other fruit juice comes remotely close, Avocado juice my 2nd.. It's decently priced around `$1 ~ $3 USD depending on breeds. It's my go-to EVERY SINGLE time I visit Thailand Bangkok, my friend will laugh and say I'm acting as a tourist.

coconut-young-green-open-and-closed-answers.jpg

400_F_45435168_1XFUXpz9HAqeFcNgwxkhrmG0G8dNCZ54.jpg

2 different breed, 2 different taste. I prefer the one on top.

whats the second one? Also in SG and have never seen that.

whats the second one? Also in SG and have never seen that.

I'm not sure what it's called really. But if you are still in SG, you can get them in supermarkets labeled as Thailand Coconuts. They are smaller in size compared to the Green Young Coconuts.

I think they might just be older coconuts with the husked removed. They still taste good for Coconut lovers, but not as sweet compared to the former. Not as refreshing as well.

But I like scrapping the meat off into the juice, it makes the taste better. Because I love coconut milk as well and the scrapping action probably cause some to mix with the juice.

i love it, but only directly from coconut. i have never had anything decent from a can and ive tried many kinds, they're all piss.

In 2 months I'll be visiting Bangladesh where I'll get my fill of cononut water in 100 degree heat without having to pay the $4 for 8 ounces.

only if it's fresh from the coconut. That's one of the reasons I always have a machete in my truck. Nothing like fresh coconut water from a coconut cut straight from the tree.

Are you opening brown coconuts or young coconuts? For young coconuts get a bread knife and just cut the top off. Drink the juice and spoon out the flesh.

Young, I guess I need a better bread knife.

I love the stuff. I'll be putting in a few trees so I don't have to pay for it.

Back