Coconut water: Yay or Nay?

groce

No thanks.

No. I've tried, but I just can't get through one. My wife loves it, and I know it's good for me, but no.

If you don't like it and have only tried it once or twice, try it again from a better brand. 90% of he brands you find at the store are fuckin nasty and barely even drinkable. The good stuff doesn't even resemble the bad stuff.

What's good one? Honestly, I wish to be enlightened. I'm even willing to try it again.

I love the stuff. Really is about the most refreshing beverage out there. I've never had it fresh, but for store bought Harmless Harvest is great, though very pricey. Otherwise c2o and Zico is ok. I go for the ones with least sugar.

Delicious stuff. If you're one of the health conscious guys and are pushing 40's, I'd recommend drinking coconut once in awhile.

Where I'm at, it's not that expensive.

Love it from a coconut

None of the packaged stuff I have tried is good at all, haven't tried many but what I did try was pretty inferiour to straight from the coconut.

Meanwhile:

Anyone got any tips on openning a coconut?

My current method involves a screw driver, a hammer and big fucking mess.

I live in South East Asia, so I get my Coconut water from the fruit itself. It's my favorite Fruit "juice" and no other fruit juice comes remotely close, Avocado juice my 2nd.. It's decently priced around `$1 ~ $3 USD depending on breeds. It's my go-to EVERY SINGLE time I visit Thailand Bangkok, my friend will laugh and say I'm acting as a tourist.

coconut-young-green-open-and-closed-answers.jpg

400_F_45435168_1XFUXpz9HAqeFcNgwxkhrmG0G8dNCZ54.jpg

2 different breed, 2 different taste. I prefer the one on top.

The only CANNED one I drink is

ICECOOLCOCOJUICE10OZ.jpg

Others are shit. SHIT I SAY!

Drank water straight out of a coconut once, made me want to hurl. I'm pretty sure it was a bad one... the water looked ... weird....

i dont know if there's any benefit to drinking it or whatever, but i fucking love the taste of it. You could give me a 20L drum of it and i'd polish it off without breaking for air.

I'll take even the crappiest coconut water brands over any type of softdrink, "sportsdrink," or vitamin-water type "healthdrink"

Everytime!

Apparently it's good for diabetics - my dad drinks it.

But I've tried it and it tastes foul.

I only like sweet coconut water from the coconut itself, not in cans, bottles, etc.

When I by packages coconut water, it's that weird bitter-y one.

Love it from a coconut

None of the packaged stuff I have tried is good at all, haven't tried many but what I did try was pretty inferiour to straight from the coconut.

Meanwhile:

Two chops from a machete.

I've only ever had straight frombthe source.

Won't touch the bottled shit tho

Seems like a love it or hate it type of thing.

Good brands are awesome. Crappy or mediocre brands taste horrible and are often undrinkable.

Too bad its so expensive.

coconut water is one of the most aweful things i've ever tasted (straight from the source). Gave it a second chance (bottled version) and still hated it.

Don't care if it is an acquiring taste or not, i'm not drinking that stuff no more. Yuck

Love it from a coconut

Meanwhile:

Are you opening brown coconuts or young coconuts? For young coconuts get a bread knife and just cut the top off. Drink the juice and spoon out the flesh.

Back