Cocaine legal?

londonzizou93

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, using cocaine weeks away from the fight night, during training camps which is out of competition is legal?
Yes or no?

Yes.

The only thing illegal about cocaine is possession or intent to sell AFAIK. There is nothing illegal about being high off your gourd unless you're operating a vehicle or harassing the public or something similar.

Edit: Also there is a HUGE difference between something being "illegal", and breaching a contract. If Jones was found to do cocaine on fight night, for example, that's not illegal. It's in breach of the contract he has with the NSAC to be granted a fight license.

It's not banned by WADA. Which has nothing to do with it's legality.

According to Dana you can get loaded on Cocaine, Weed..pretty much anything leading up to the fight as long as its not in your system on fight night

It violates the UFC's personal conduct policy, so the answer SHOULD BE no.

So let me get this straight, using cocaine weeks away from the fight night, during training camps which is out of competition is legal?
Yes or no?

Yeah, it's legal, but it ain't a hundred percent legal. I mean, you can't walk into a restaurant, and start snortin' away. They want you to pop positive more than 12 hours before your fight in certain designated out-of-competition tests.

Using the word legal is a little confusing in this context. The state athletic commissions won't prevent you from fighting if it's in your system while you're out of competition, but you will be arrested and prosecuted if you're found to be in possession of it on US soil.

It's not legal to own and use but state athletic commissions don't regulate it and aren't concerned with it if it's being used out of competition.

Yeah, it's legal, but it ain't a hundred percent legal. I mean, you can't walk into a restaurant, and start snortin' away. They want you to pop positive more than 12 hours before your fight in certain designated out-of-competition tests.

But that doesn't matter, because in the UFC, it's illegal for Dana to search you. That's actually one right Dana doesn't have.

Cocaine use is always illegal. Athletic commissions are not the law.

Can cocaine be used as performance enhancing drug?

If it can be why wada or nsac hasnt banned it?
Is it banned for use in olympics during and out of competition?

Plus it seems like the majority of fans now approve of cocaine and drugs in general now.

Yay Zuffa Zombies!

Plus it seems like the majority of fans now approve of cocaine and drugs in general now.

Yay Zuffa Zombies!

Mma fans tend to be younger guys, who have pretty liberal stance on recreational drug use.

Nothing to do with 'Zuffa Zombies'.

But that doesn't matter, because in the UFC, it's illegal for Dana to search you. That's actually one right Dana doesn't have.

How did you manage to get so off topic and post something that had no relevance whats-so-ever. :rolleyes:

That's not my impression at all. It just seems like they don't think it's the end of the world.

Back