Cocaine is illegal

You know he had to possess it to consume it, right?

What's with idiots here thinking that cocaine possession = the police findings you with it in your hands? Goddamn simpletons.

That is actually exactly what it means. You can't just retroactively prosecute someone. What's funny is that you're trying to insult the intelligence of others when, in reality, it's you that doesn't know what they're talking about.

Testing positive for coke will not get him into an iota of legal trouble.

That wasn't the statement I took issue with. The statement was that he hadn't done anything illegal. Clearly he did. Clearly. Anyone actually trying to say he didn't commit this crime needs remedial life lessons.

What you deem mattering, does in fact not matter. Cocaine is illegal. So is weed. His prescription is in California, no where else, as it is still illegal on a federal level. Unless you are one of those now saying that coke is illegal, but weed shouldn't be, so really I am going to ignore that it is illegal.

The thing is, none of this even matters on a legal standpoint, as he could have snorted a huge ripper just before the commission got there, wouldn't matter. it is not banned out of competition. Neither is weed. The Diaz brothers are always talking about that shit, do you see the UFC ever doing anything about it? No, it was the commission since the got popped post fight!!

Okay thanks for your info ... :rolleyes:

Selling it or possessing it is illegal. Jones wasn't caught doing either.

I always found that confusing, how do you use it without possessing it?

I am kind of surprised that someone has not used forums to make some arrests.

That is actually exactly what it means. You can't just retroactively prosecute someone. What's funny is that you're trying to insult the intelligence of others when, in reality, it's you that doesn't know what they're talking about.

Nobody's talkig about prosecution, numb nuts. We're talking about if he committed a crime. Not if he'll be convicted of the crime. Surely you see the difference?

I always found that confusing, how do you use it without possessing it?

I am kind of surprised that someone has not used forums to make some arrests.

People saying he couldn't be prosecuted because he wasn't dound with it in hand don't know anything.

That's not to say that he will be. But no, actual present possession is FAR from the only way to prove possession.

Everyone is such a hater SET HIM ON FIRE! Oh no he used cocaine like you never messed up.. hypocrites.

That wasn't the statement I took issue with. The statement was that he hadn't done anything illegal. Clearly he did. Clearly. Anyone actually trying to say he didn't commit this crime needs remedial life lessons.

Drinking was once a crime.

Cocaine didn't use to be a crime, instead a substance with medicinal benefits.

Marijuana didn't use to be a crime, and is becoming less of one.

Drug laws are notoriously shitty. Calling someone who uses drugs a criminal is not only exactly what the government wants (tinfoil.jpg), but also creates an environment where people are unable to rebound and/or make changes in their lives for the positive.

Jon Jones is now a "cokehead". That's what is happening. People are demanding he be punished for committing a crime. But, since people like Marijuana and it's being treated slightly better every year - they just choose to not abide by that law and anyone who breaks it is a hero. Potheads are not criminals, but cokeheads are. That's not fair either.

Actually yes,I am pretty sure it is against the rules to run from a test. The punishment may have been a first, but it was a rule.

no, it was not.
The commission had to meet and create a new punishment. Same as they could have done for Coke.
They had a month to think about it.

Instead, they enjoyed the holidays and came up with this BS excuse they did not think about it up until now.

I think the war on drugs was played up. I guess that don't go after it where ever they see it.

Tell that to a judge.. it's highly illegal regardless of commission. . He should be on jail not rehab

No,, Drug addict should not be sent to jail for getting high, rehab is where they should go. Aggressive drug addicts that steal or harm others should be in jail, basically if your a threat to society. Although I think the UFC should step up and add their own fines/suspensions or whatever. Jones shouldn't be getting off as easy as he is.

no, it was not.
The commission had to meet and create a new punishment. Same as they could have done for Coke.

Instead, they enjoyed the holidays and came up with this BS excuse they did not think about it up until now.

Refusing to take the test is an automatic failure. Every time. For every drug test. Ever. Running = Refusing.

They did not have the results of the Dec. 4 test on Dec. 4. I don't think they ever have results same-day. They had a few weeks, sure - but not a "month". Quit exaggerating.

The ban for life is bullshit and im sure deep down you know that too, chael gets caught using everything under the sun as a multipul time offender and gets a slap on the wrist in comparison, also apparently jones hid under the cage when they first showed up to randomly test him, go figure eh

Chael took the test. He failed, but he didn't refuse. If Wandy took it and failed, he wouldn't have been banned. He ran, and tried to excuse his running on a language barrier.

Some guy made a video on youtube claiming Jones hid under the cage. We're going to youtube for our news now?

no.
As much as you want to make this an IC/OOC issue, it is not.
The issue is an athlete is found to have a coke addiction and what Zuffa and the AC does with this issue.

Besides, I am sure WADA or the AC had absolutely no rules set for someone running from a test.... yet the AC came up with a punishment, didn't they?

no this is as simple as IC/OOC testing. the AC have already said they couldnt do anything about jones popping for cocaine in an OOC test. now as for the UFC punishing him, sure they can and they should.

as for running from a test what test? if we're talking about that bullshit allegation from greg savage (who timed his release perfectly with a new episode from his radio show) you sir are as fucking gullible as those who believe in santa or the easter bunny, or that theres a big man in the sky, riding a cloud who tells us whats good or whats bad and what rules we need to abide by.

and yes the AC does have rules set up if someone decides to run from a test

NAC 467.082  Grounds for denial of application for license. (NRS 467.030, 467.080, 467.100)  The Commission may deny the application of an applicant if it finds that the applicant has performed any act which would, if performed by a licensee, subject the licensee to discipline pursuant to NAC 467.885.

NAC 467.885  Grounds for disciplinary action. (NRS 467.030)  The Commission may suspend or revoke the license of, otherwise discipline or take any combination of such actions against a licensee who has, in the judgment of the Commission:
1.  Violated the laws of Nevada, except for minor traffic violations;
2.  Violated any provision of this chapter;
3.  Provided false or misleading information to the Commission or a representative of the Commission;
4.  Failed or refused to comply with a valid order of a representative of the Commission;
5.  Conducted himself or herself at any time or place in a manner which is deemed by the Commission to reflect discredit to unarmed combat;

6.  Knowingly dealt or consorted with any person who:
(a) Has been convicted of a felony;
(b) Engages in illegal bookmaking;
(c) Engages in any illegal gambling activity;
(d) Is a reputed underworld character;
(e) Is under suspension from any other Commission; or
(f) Is engaged in any activity or practice that is detrimental to the best interests of unarmed combat; or
7.  Had personal knowledge that an unarmed combatant suffered a serious injury during training for a contest or exhibition and failed or refused to inform the Commission about that serious injury.

you're views on drugs is clouding your judgement. i dont care if MJ is no way near as bad as cocaine. Fact: they are both illegal drugs. You can't villify one and not the other no matter what way you spin it.

no, it was not.

So you are telling me they had no rule that you can't run from a test?

that's a shitty attitude to have for sure man, your not wrong, but judging from your post I can tell what type of person you are and your pretty much whats wrong with the world today.
Anthony Johnson beating up his women isn't the commissions problem either tho yet ufc was ready to cut ties with him, to think jones should be praised instead of reprehended is whats wrong with America honestly. Just my personal opinion really tho but that's coming from an ex junkie whos sitting behind his keyboard, means fuck all and I get it.

Beating up a woman hurts someone else taking coke only hurts yourself how is that even remotely the same thing. Yeah sure I'm what's wrong with the world today everything was that much better in the good old days, sure....

Both bolded items absolutely not true.

Guillard was popped for Cocaine post-fight. I can't imagine he did a bump before getting into the cage, but it's possible. Unless your argument is that Jon Jones' physical makeup allows his body to remove drug-traces over a 25 minute period, you're grossly exaggerating. He could probably get away with a line the morning before Fight-Day - but I can't imagine that being beneficial for the fight.

A month and a half after a puff? Ridiculous. Unless the person we're referring to literally smokes every day prior to this single puff a month and a half before the fight, he's not testing positive. There's no reason to pad the numbers. Light users can rid it from their system in a few weeks. It's the heavy smokers who have month-out positives.

One of my favorite musicians is Elliott Smith. I have zero interest in Heroin even though he wrote wonderful music with its assistance.

The "think of the kids!" argument is silly. It's just an excuse for poor parenting. "Little Bobby smoked weed, it must have been because of that Nick Diaz!", is an equally ridiculous notion.

That's not the point you made. You said a business controls a sport. They do not. They're simply the largest of the organizations with more eyes on them. This seems like it's more and more an issue with the "1%". The little guys are punished unjustly, and the big guys aren't punished enough. Except that's not what's happening here.

The cocaine in Jones' system is absolutely an IC/OOC issue. There's nothing else about it. He wasn't supposed to be tested for it, the AC messed up, admitted they messed up, and exposed Jones' private life to the world - prompting shoop threads and fantastical stories of Jones doing lines before walking into the cage.

The athlete was not found to have a coke addiction. The athlete was found to have coke in his system - which alone is not a violation of anything when it's out of competition. The internet took it upon themselves to give Jones a coke addiction. Seriously, we've all seen coke-heads - have you known any who had their lives together enough to be able to not only keep it secret and pass drug tests, but to train for and maintain a championship for beating guys up? He's in Rehab for PR. Just like Tiger was. Are we all going to pretend that Tiger actually had an addiction? Are we going to pretend that now Tiger has no interest in his neighbor's poon?

Refusal to take the test is an automatic failure, in every drug testing protocol ever. They didn't just make up the infraction. The manner in which Wandy conducted himself leading up to, and after he ran are what resulted in him being banned for life.

Seriously, you have bigger issues here.
In your desperation, you try to create a world where Cocaine addiction is nothing.

You fail to realize that, despite all your crap about IC/OOC, no one snorts once and is done with it.
There are enough comments from other fighters to think this is not the first, it is actually going on for years.

The only reason he was not caught, is because they don't test it OOC. And a little mistake caught him red handed.

Look any way you want. Coke is illegal.
Last I checked, no one loans coke. So he had to buy it. That is a crime within itself.

And last I checked, committing a crime is punishable by the Rules of Conduct Zuffa made their employees sign. So he absolutely can (and should) be punished for it.

And it matters little if it is Jon from the UFC or a scrub from Bellator.
You are the one trying to claim no one else would punish their fighters, like this should somehow make the issue a more acceptable one. That's besides the fact you have no prior incident to base your claim on.

I, on the other hand, can give you many cases where the AC and/or Zuffa punished fighters.
And while you can say "there are no rules against Coke", I can tell you with 100000% certainty that it is within their powers to create a new rule and maintain consistency. Because there are new drugs popping up all the time, and it is obvious they have to accommodate them.

What is dumb is to say "well, if there are no punishment, let us just raise our hands and try hard to imagine it never happened!"

JESUS IS LORD!!! RAAAARGH!!!
JonCokeJones_zpse2bff043.jpg

In your desperation, you try to create a world where Cocaine addiction is nothing.

You fail to realize that, despite all your crap about IC/OOC, no one snorts once and is done with it.
There are enough comments from other fighters to think this is not the first, it is actually going on for years.

The only reason he was not caught, is because they don't test it OOC. And a little mistake caught him red handed.

Last I checked, no one loans coke. So he had to buy it. That is a crime within itself.

And last I checked, committing a crime is punishable by the Rules of Conduct Zuffa made their employees sign. So he absolutely can (and should) be punished for it.

You are the one trying to claim no one else would punish their fighters, like this should somehow make the issue a more acceptable one. That's besides the fact you have no prior incident to base your claim on.

I, on the other hand, can give you many cases where the AC and/or Zuffa punished fighters.
And while you can say "there are no rules against Coke", I can tell you with 100000% certainty that it is within their powers to create a new rule and maintain consistency. Because there are new drugs popping up all the time, and it is obvious they have to accommodate them.

What is dumb is to say "well, if there are no punishment, let us just raise our hands and try hard to imagine it never happened!"

So do you think they should punish the Diaz brothers as well? Weed is also illegal.

well if ur going to go the illegal route, then everyone who does marijuana should be just as punished as those who do cocaine.

since they're both illegal

Back