Cocaine is illegal

I disagree. What do you think if the same thing happened in Bellator, OneFC, WSOF? If one of their big stars got busted the exact same way do you honestly think they would do anything differently? This has nothing to do with the SPORT, it has to do with how the UFC deals with their own code of conduct. They could do nothing, since he didn't do anything to break any rules of the commission, or punish him internally as they see fit. This really has nothing to do with the sport itself, as every other org would deal with it their own way.

Disagree.
All those are smaller events. Heck, most people don't even know who are their champions. Do you want to compare any with Jon?

So their impact is much less, and I believe they would punish them (if not, they should and I would be as adamant as I am with Zuffa).

Marijuana is still illegal as well. State laws dont trump federal laws.

this isnt a coke/mj issue. its a timeline issue. and if people want it changed, either the ACs need to define what IC/OOC is for their specific state if they dont want to follow WADA's

no.
As much as you want to make this an IC/OOC issue, it is not.
The issue is an athlete is found to have a coke addiction and what Zuffa and the AC does with this issue.

Besides, I am sure WADA or the AC had absolutely no rules set for someone running from a test.... yet the AC came up with a punishment, didn't they?

no.
The issue is an athlete is found to have a coke addiction and what Zuffa and the AC does with this issue.

Besides, I am sure WADA or the AC had absolutely no rules set for someone running from a test.... yet the AC came up with a punishment, didn't they?

Actually yes,I am pretty sure it is against the rules to run from a test. The punishment may have been a first, but it was a rule.

Lets face it, he's practically rubbing our faces in his illegal drug operation at Cracksons MMA. How the DEA has not swooped in to capture this drug lord is a mystery.

crackson.gif

personally im not weak enough for it to effect my personal life, But there is lots of people who look up to jones that might not be as strong willed and when faced with the personal question of to do a line or not to do a line might be more inclined to do a ripper cause their favorite fighter jon jones does it and hes still the fucking man. Which I mean he really is, when I was on drugs I was a weak little fuck up, not champion of the fucking world beating up monsters haha.
But that's my only point with making some sort of example out of this, no wrong can come from it, even if its him talking to kids about drug use, making donations to drug programs, suspended till his next fight for 9 months, something is better then nothing at this point

He's a fucking athlete an athelte does a sport people make them role models but that isn't in the job describtion he isn't supposed to be a role model he's simply an athlete.
If someone looks up to celebrities it's their ownf ault if they do something because their role model. Why should you force people to be role models most fighters became fighters ebcause the wanna absh someone's face in and/or are good at it, most musicians became musicians because they like to make music and/or are good at it not because they desperately wanna be a role model it isn't their fault or responsibility what others do.

He's a fucking athlete an athelte does a sport people make them role models but that isn't in the job describtion he isn't supposed to be a role model he's simply an athlete.
If someone looks up to celebrities it's their ownf ault if they do something because their role model. Why should you force people to be role models most fighters became fighters ebcause the wanna absh someone's face in and/or are good at it, most musicians became musicians because they like to make music and/or are good at it not because they desperately wanna be a role model it isn't their fault or responsibility what others do.

that's a shitty attitude to have for sure man, your not wrong, but judging from your post I can tell what type of person you are and your pretty much whats wrong with the world today.
Anthony Johnson beating up his women isn't the commissions problem either tho yet ufc was ready to cut ties with him, to think jones should be praised instead of reprehended is whats wrong with America honestly. Just my personal opinion really tho but that's coming from an ex junkie whos sitting behind his keyboard, means fuck all and I get it.

He did not even do the cocaine in the U.S., therefore not breaking any laws. Source: go to youtube and search for "joe rogan on jon jones' failed drug test"

He did not even do the cocaine in the U.S., therefore not breaking any laws. Source: go to youtube and search for "joe rogan on jon jones' failed drug test"

That's some top notch empirical evidence right there, for sure.

Maybe not relevant to the specific test, but Dan Henderson did mention that there were rumors for a couple of years, of Jones using.
So maybe he has been lucky for not being caught earlier, maybe not that frequent user. Maybe it is not true.

Some have posted that Cerrone mentioned something about JJ doing coke, a while back.

Lets face it, he's practically rubbing our faces in his illegal drug operation at Cracksons MMA. How the DEA has not swooped in to capture this drug lord is a mystery.

crackson.gif

That shoop is gold.

point I was making is its ok to do some blow right before a fight even if you get caught doing it during your training camp because its out of your system technically by the time your fighting, but if your medically prescribed mj and you have a puff a month and a half before your fight you lose thousands of dollars and get punished
I realize its a moot point because that's just simply how it is, but I personally feel ufc needs to save some face and suspend him for their own personal reasons and not the ac. Even if its just for 9 months, 6 months a fine whatever they want to do, fuck tell the public you fined him and don't even take any money out of his pocket just pull a pr stunt, but at this point doing nothing but praising his decision to go to rehab is just simply retarded and I hate that word

Both bolded items absolutely not true.

Guillard was popped for Cocaine post-fight. I can't imagine he did a bump before getting into the cage, but it's possible. Unless your argument is that Jon Jones' physical makeup allows his body to remove drug-traces over a 25 minute period, you're grossly exaggerating. He could probably get away with a line the morning before Fight-Day - but I can't imagine that being beneficial for the fight.

A month and a half after a puff? Ridiculous. Unless the person we're referring to literally smokes every day prior to this single puff a month and a half before the fight, he's not testing positive. There's no reason to pad the numbers. Light users can rid it from their system in a few weeks. It's the heavy smokers who have month-out positives.

, But there is lots of people who look up to jones that might not be as strong willed and when faced with the personal question of to do a line or not to do a line might be more inclined to do a ripper cause their favorite fighter jon jones does it and hes still the fucking man.

One of my favorite musicians is Elliott Smith. I have zero interest in Heroin even though he wrote wonderful music with its assistance.

The "think of the kids!" argument is silly. It's just an excuse for poor parenting. "Little Bobby smoked weed, it must have been because of that Nick Diaz!", is an equally ridiculous notion.

Disagree.
All those are smaller events. Heck, most people don't even know who are their champions. Do you want to compare any with Jon?

So their impact is much less, and I believe they would punish them (if not, they should and I would be as adamant as I am with Zuffa).

That's not the point you made. You said a business controls a sport. They do not. They're simply the largest of the organizations with more eyes on them. This seems like it's more and more an issue with the "1%". The little guys are punished unjustly, and the big guys aren't punished enough. Except that's not what's happening here.

no.

The cocaine in Jones' system is absolutely an IC/OOC issue. There's nothing else about it. He wasn't supposed to be tested for it, the AC messed up, admitted they messed up, and exposed Jones' private life to the world - prompting shoop threads and fantastical stories of Jones doing lines before walking into the cage.

The athlete was not found to have a coke addiction. The athlete was found to have coke in his system - which alone is not a violation of anything when it's out of competition. The internet took it upon themselves to give Jones a coke addiction. Seriously, we've all seen coke-heads - have you known any who had their lives together enough to be able to not only keep it secret and pass drug tests, but to train for and maintain a championship for beating guys up? He's in Rehab for PR. Just like Tiger was. Are we all going to pretend that Tiger actually had an addiction? Are we going to pretend that now Tiger has no interest in his neighbor's poon?

Refusal to take the test is an automatic failure, in every drug testing protocol ever. They didn't just make up the infraction. The manner in which Wandy conducted himself leading up to, and after he ran are what resulted in him being banned for life.

Post fight test, in competition. The prescription wouldn't matter either.

Fucking semantics! One a prescription should matter. Two cocaine is illegal. Iif Diaz got suspended then so should JJ regardless of time but honestly I really don't care.

Fucking semantics! One a prescription should matter. Two cocaine is illegal. Iif Diaz got suspended then so should JJ regardless of time but honestly I really don't care.

You can get a prescription for hydrocodone. Can't be on those either.

What you deem mattering, does in fact not matter. Cocaine is illegal. So is weed. His prescription is in California, no where else, as it is still illegal on a federal level. Unless you are one of those now saying that coke is illegal, but weed shouldn't be, so really I am going to ignore that it is illegal.

The thing is, none of this even matters on a legal standpoint, as he could have snorted a huge ripper just before the commission got there, wouldn't matter. it is not banned out of competition. Neither is weed. The Diaz brothers are always talking about that shit, do you see the UFC ever doing anything about it? No, it was the commission since the got popped post fight!!

I don't do drugs even drink, almost everyone I know uses some substance whether booze or barbituates.

doesn't effect my life in any way.

do people truly care what Jones does recreationally?

Both bolded items absolutely not true.

Guillard was popped for Cocaine post-fight. I can't imagine he did a bump before getting into the cage, but it's possible. Unless your argument is that Jon Jones' physical makeup allows his body to remove drug-traces over a 25 minute period, you're grossly exaggerating. He could probably get away with a line the morning before Fight-Day - but I can't imagine that being beneficial for the fight.

coke leaves you system in 48 hours pot stays in your system for 90 days
What about the bolded parts was I wrong with??

A month and a half after a puff? Ridiculous. Unless the person we're referring to literally smokes every day prior to this single puff a month and a half before the fight, he's not testing positive. There's no reason to pad the numbers. Light users can rid it from their system in a few weeks. It's the heavy smokers who have month-out positives.

Diaz has his medical card, im assuming hes not a light user, probably daily and therefore it can take 2-3months to be completely out of his system, the commission recently made changes and allow for higher numbers to be in your system and still past the test tho, but regardless you get my point

One of my favorite musicians is Elliott Smith. I have zero interest in Heroin even though he wrote wonderful music with its assistance.

The "think of the kids!" argument is silly. It's just an excuse for poor parenting. "Little Bobby smoked weed, it must have been because of that Nick Diaz!", is an equally ridiculous notion.

That's awesome for you, I agree too, wouldn't bug me one bit either, but not all kids are that strong willed, and its not saying they will go out and buy it cause jones does it, but if they are at parties with people doing it might come to mind anyway. Regardless no good comes from him being a coke head and a face of the sport so I don't know what your getting at honestly

That's not the point you made. You said a business controls a sport. They do not. They're simply the largest of the organizations with more eyes on them. This seems like it's more and more an issue with the "1%". The little guys are punished unjustly, and the big guys aren't punished enough. Except that's not what's happening here.

The cocaine in Jones' system is absolutely an IC/OOC issue. There's nothing else about it. He wasn't supposed to be tested for it, the AC messed up, admitted they messed up, and exposed Jones' private life to the world - prompting shoop threads and fantastical stories of Jones doing lines before walking into the cage.

The athlete was not found to have a coke addiction. The athlete was found to have coke in his system - which alone is not a violation of anything when it's out of competition. The internet took it upon themselves to give Jones a coke addiction. Seriously, we've all seen coke-heads - have you known any who had their lives together enough to be able to not only keep it secret and pass drug tests, but to train for and maintain a championship for beating guys up? He's in Rehab for PR. Just like Tiger was. Are we all going to pretend that Tiger actually had an addiction? Are we going to pretend that now Tiger has no interest in his neighbor's poon?

To say jones isn't a coke head is just your personal opinion, I know lots of functioning coke heads, not champion of the world fighters, but still every weekend and once a week partying doing blow, whos to say hes not in rehab to get off the shit. you honestly have no fucking clue and just sound like you have his nuts on your face. A real PR stunt would have been having him help out with drug programs around the cities, or troubled kids something like that. Anyway your opinions are not facts don't treat them as such, theres more facts pointing to the fact he is in need of rehab, i.e actually going there

Refusal to take the test is an automatic failure, in every drug testing protocol ever. They didn't just make up the infraction. The manner in which Wandy conducted himself leading up to, and after he ran are what resulted in him being banned for life.

The ban for life is bullshit and im sure deep down you know that too, chael gets caught using everything under the sun as a multipul time offender and gets a slap on the wrist in comparison, also apparently jones hid under the cage when they first showed up to randomly test him, go figure eh

being high on coke isnt illegal, we would have about 3 political figures if this was the case

Having coke in your possession is illegal.

You know he had to possess it to consume it, right?

What's with idiots here thinking that cocaine possession = the police findings you with it in your hands? Goddamn simpletons.

Well if the coke was in rock form then I would agree he should be locked in a cage for 10 years. If it was powder then no big deal.

?
Is this that people that do lines are "better" then people that smoke rocks?

You know he had to possess it to consume it, right?

What's with idiots here thinking that cocaine possession = the police findings you with it in your hands? Goddamn simpletons.

Testing positive for coke will not get him into an iota of legal trouble.

Back