Cocaine is illegal

If they fined him would you feel better? Because on a realistic level, as a business, would you or anyone else REALLY treat it any differently?

the problem here is that a business controls a sport.

If any NFL player is caught using PED opr drugs. Would they get punished? yes.
They can even get banned from the sport.

The problem is: As much as people pretend there isn't, they are wrong.

There is a HUGE conflict of interest in a business owning a sport.

I'm pretty sure nobody has ever been banned for marijuana out of competition. At least not by the athletic comission. I don't know of any case where a fighter was banned by the UFC, either.
Some fighters even openly admit they smoke weed between fights (Diaz...) and it has no consequences for them.

diaz has a license to smoke pot tho, legally they cant do shit about it out of comp. The problem I have with this is jones did the blow closer to his fight then diaz smoke a joint to his fight, but since blow is out of your system faster then coke diaz gets suspended loses a bunch of money and gets his name chucked thru the dirt

Same shit when you go work on the oil rigs outwest(Canada) everyones running around high as fuck on blow while if I get seen smoking a joint people lose their shit cause ill fail a test while they wont, makes fucking sense eh

done both completely disagree
Powder is a drinking mans drug of choice really tho, around here not to many people party with out it fucks up just as many lives if not more then rock

Also done both and agree with you. Plus, you can use powdered cocaine intravenously, which is another animal altogether.

the problem here is that a business controls a sport.

If any NFL player is caught using PED opr drugs. Would they get punished? yes.
They can even get banned from the sport.

The problem is: As much as people pretend there isn't, they are wrong.

There is a HUGE conflict of interest in a business owning a sport.

I disagree. What do you think if the same thing happened in Bellator, OneFC, WSOF? If one of their big stars got busted the exact same way do you honestly think they would do anything differently? This has nothing to do with the SPORT, it has to do with how the UFC deals with their own code of conduct. They could do nothing, since he didn't do anything to break any rules of the commission, or punish him internally as they see fit. This really has nothing to do with the sport itself, as every other org would deal with it their own way.

problem with you people (yes, you and all retards who are clinging to the in/out of competition crap) is that, irregardless of how this was found, you can't pretend Coke is not 1000000 times worse than weed.

Regardless of in/out of competition, you can't disregard coke is illegal.

Regardless if there are specific rules, you can't pretend there isn't a problem

and most of all, regardless if he was clean during the fight, it doesn't mean Jon doesn't have a problem, and that Zuffa and the AC definitely need to change their rules and add a punishment for athletes caught using illegal drugs.

Marijuana is still illegal as well. State laws dont trump federal laws.

this isnt a coke/mj issue. its a timeline issue. and if people want it changed, either the ACs need to define what IC/OOC is for their specific state if they dont want to follow WADA's

diaz has a license to smoke pot tho, legally they cant do shit about it out of comp. The problem I have with this is jones did the blow closer to his fight then diaz smoke a joint to his fight, but since blow is out of your system faster then coke diaz gets suspended loses a bunch of money and gets his name chucked thru the dirt

Same shit when you go work on the oil rigs outwest(Canada) everyones running around high as fuck on blow while if I get seen smoking a joint people lose their shit cause ill fail a test while they wont, makes fucking sense eh

But he only has one in one state, and technically it is still illegal on a federal level. Didn't he fail to apply for an exemption as well for it? Thing is, it has nothing to do with fair, everybody knows weed stays in your system longer. Don't want to get popped on a test you know they will test you for, don't smoke it. They need to either to have WADA change their rules, or not smoke it. They can't just smoke it anyways, and then cry afterwards that it shouldn't be banned anyways.

But he only has one in one state, and technically it is still illegal on a federal level. Didn't he fail to apply for an exemption as well for it? Thing is, it has nothing to do with fair, everybody knows weed stays in your system longer. Don't want to get popped on a test you know they will test you for, don't smoke it. They need to either to have WADA change their rules, or not smoke it. They can't just smoke it anyways, and then cry afterwards that it shouldn't be banned anyways.

point I was making is its ok to do some blow right before a fight even if you get caught doing it during your training camp because its out of your system technically by the time your fighting, but if your medically prescribed mj and you have a puff a month and a half before your fight you lose thousands of dollars and get punished
I realize its a moot point because that's just simply how it is, but I personally feel ufc needs to save some face and suspend him for their own personal reasons and not the ac. Even if its just for 9 months, 6 months a fine whatever they want to do, fuck tell the public you fined him and don't even take any money out of his pocket just pull a pr stunt, but at this point doing nothing but praising his decision to go to rehab is just simply retarded and I hate that word

danaillegal.gif

And yes the states is different then Canada where I live, if I have my medical card(which I do) I can fly with it smoke it anywhere as long as im not driving obvious dui, and go to any province and my card is still valid. cocaine will never get to that point, just pointing out the obvious difference in the drugs really cause some people who don't do either just have the notion a drug is a drug type of thing. Usually the same people who have no issues taking prescription drugs from their drs, but whole other topic there

point I was making is its ok to do some blow right before a fight even if you get caught doing it during your training camp because its out of your system technically by the time your fighting, but if your medically prescribed mj and you have a puff a month and a half before your fight you lose thousands of dollars and get punished
I realize its a moot point because that's just simply how it is, but I personally feel ufc needs to save some face and suspend him for their own personal reasons and not the ac. Even if its just for 9 months, 6 months a fine whatever they want to do, fuck tell the public you fined him and don't even take any money out of his pocket just pull a pr stunt, but at this point doing nothing but praising his decision to go to rehab is just simply retarded and I hate that word

I agree it is what it is. Personally I would think that everything one month leading up to the fight is considered in competition.

It all comes down to the UFC deciding what is best in dealing with him. I do think a fine would be good, as he didn't break any rules, but would give credence to their Code Of Conduct.

done both completely disagree
Powder is a drinking mans drug of choice really tho, around here not to many people party with out it fucks up just as many lives if not more then rock

But Jones is still a user not a distributer so he only fucks up his own life also alcohol fucks up many lives as well and it's completely legal.
Who cares that Jones does coke athletes and artists are all likely to take drugs who gives a flying fuck

I agree it is what it is. Personally I would think that everything one month leading up to the fight is considered in competition.

It all comes down to the UFC deciding what is best in dealing with him. I do think a fine would be good, as he didn't break any rules, but would give credence to their Code Of Conduct.

Yea honestly not a bad thing to do, maybe even get him to do some inner city work with youth or drug programs around the state turn it into a positive thing that way, some type of pr stunt could definitely be made from this
but either way by the time they book jones vs gus/johnson winner no one is really going to give a shit just get excited to see another awesome fight, myself included

But Jones is still a user not a distributer so he only fucks up his own life also alcohol fucks up many lives as well and it's completely legal.
Who cares that Jones does coke athletes and artists are all likely to take drugs who gives a flying fuck

personally im not weak enough for it to effect my personal life, But there is lots of people who look up to jones that might not be as strong willed and when faced with the personal question of to do a line or not to do a line might be more inclined to do a ripper cause their favorite fighter jon jones does it and hes still the fucking man. Which I mean he really is, when I was on drugs I was a weak little fuck up, not champion of the fucking world beating up monsters haha.
But that's my only point with making some sort of example out of this, no wrong can come from it, even if its him talking to kids about drug use, making donations to drug programs, suspended till his next fight for 9 months, something is better then nothing at this point

Bunch of pot heads crying again. I say these guys do whatever recreational shit they want. PEDs should be a 2 year ban. Only penalize a guy if he tests positive for rec drugs in an in fight test.Weed and coke are not perf enhancers anymore than advil or coffee.

I agree here. The commission can't do anything, and shouldn't do anything, as he didn't actually break their rules.

UFC on the other hand should at least punish him somehow. I doubt they would fire him, but perhaps a nice fine would do well, and show that they are taking it somewhat serious at least.

seems more likely they will actually pay his rehab costs and for whatever PR wizardry they employ :p

I mean, you can't buy it at walmart but every time I need coke I got like 3-4 contacts on speed dial and I can go pick it up in less than a 10 mile drive. Coke is good mkay, I mean I can function at work the next day much better than a hangover from alcohol.

Tell that to a judge.. it's highly illegal regardless of commission. . He should be on jail not rehab

I find your lack of knowledge of the law disturbing.

Also who gives a fuck if he did coke? It's his life to ruin and it isn't a performance enhancer so everyone needs to grow some balls and stop being concerned about another man business.

Hope he gets off the stuff for the sake of his career but it is his career to lose if he gets addicted.

I mean, you can't buy it at walmart but every time I need coke I got like 3-4 contacts on speed dial and I can go pick it up in less than a 10 mile drive. Coke is good mkay, I mean I can function at work the next day much better than a hangover from alcohol.

Also true, and you can party like a fucking rockstar all night on it and not even remotely get tired haha, still not the example they need as the face of their company tho, shits not easy to get off either, especially if you party with people who need it in their lives, couple drinks watch a couple people do some bumps and its pretty much impossible to say no.

Back