Cocaine Abuse (personal)

They won't get it dude....Been coming back here on and off throughout the day to see what's being said and honestly it's sad to see the veiw points or lack thereof from people on here.....
So much Denial.....

Yes I know, I am a sucker for punishment, congrats on 18 months!

MI0002516580.jpg

Never smoked, snorted or shot up and I don't plan on starting anytime soon.

I'm old enough to remember Len Bias....had the world by the balls, drafted by the Celtics, then uses coke once and his heart quits. Huge waste of talent and potential. That said, I wish anyone well who's trying to get off drugs.

Never smoked, snorted or shot up and I don't plan on starting anytime soon.

I'm old enough to remember Len Bias....had the world by the balls, drafted by the Celtics, then uses coke once and his heart quits. Huge waste of talent and potential. That said, I wish anyone well who's trying to get off drugs.

Len didn't use coke once....He just didn't have the money before to afford as much as he wanted.....Once he did ...Game over...

My expierence with Cocaine, is there is not alot of recreational users that don't graduate to addictive behaviours very fast. I do alot of service work for addicts, and the stories are all the same.

Yes there are a lot of them. Same as with alcohol only a small percentage cant control the use and become abusers.

I doubt Jones is addicted. If he was doing coke to the degree that an addict does, he would not be training and winning in the UFC the way he has been. He is probably in the occasional recreational use phase. The UFC sent him to rehab as a PR move.

Yes there are a lot of them. Same as with alcohol only a small percentage cant control the use and become abusers.

I understand what you mean but...Hmmm... If you drink you drink and drive....We can argue that point till the end of eternity and no one will ever convince me otherwise....I'm sorry but once you willingly get behind the wheel of a car you have lost control.....
Next time you go out look around at everyone that's drinking and ask yourself "Is everyone taking a cab or having a sober friend drive?" The answer is no....
Go to every " local " bar and see everyone there and watch when they leave..What do they do ? Jump in the car and drive.....I'm guilty myself...I did it for years on end and never got a ticket thankfully but please don't call me lucky...I'm not lucky...The rest of the planet is lucky I didn't kill someone....

Last edited:
I guess I'm a boy scout. I've never taken cocaine and I judge those who have. Light me up all you want. I'm just being honest.

I guess I'm a boy scout. I've never taken cocaine and I judge those who have. Light me up all you want. I'm just being honest.

pretty much this. if you're a dope head or a jones fan you give him a free pass, and if you're strong willed and not some glutton for punishment, you'd like to see him actually pay for what he's done.

I dislike Jones more than anyone, his arrogance, ego, and judgement of others really gets under my skin. That bieng said, his cocaine abuse (if there is abuse), I give him a pass on. I am considered a educated, nice guy. But around 2006 I needed to get partner insurance for my company, about 1 million dollars worth, I had a cocaine issue, and I knew they were going to test for it. I a 8 month period I could never get 5 days clean (which you need to pass the test). It is hard when you are on cocaine to get clean days, I ended up selling my company, and getting clean a year later, but it is horrible being under the control of something and not being able to stop. My heart goes out to him on this one.

Yet people are still desperately trying to say that it's not a big deal.

There are different levels of addiction.
With alcohol addiction for instance you may have the extreme of someone staggering about in the street shitting themselves.
On the other end you may have someone who takes the risk of drinking or driving, or someone who can't seem to enjoy themselves without alcohol.
Or someone who turns into a violent twat when they drink, yet still continue to drink.

It's the latter people who often kid themselves. They think they are in control of a drug but at the end of the day they're too scared to admit it's controlling them.

Lol at people calling coke a "hard drug" and "dope." You obviously haven't seen meth, PCP or heroine addicts and you know nothing about drug culture. Truth is, the level of destruction a drug causes has more to do with the person using it. Alcohol and cigarettes kill more people than illegal drugs do, but I don't hear you crusaders tooting your horn on that subject from your perceived moral high ground. Get over it. Some people like to dabble and can harmlessly enjoy a little toot of the coca, while other have no self control and destroy their life. Either way, it's a personal choice. Jones is doing this because he has to protect his brand, not because he has a problem.

Lol at people calling coke a "hard drug" and "dope." You obviously haven't seen meth, PCP or heroine addicts and you know nothing about drug culture. Truth is, the level of destruction a drug causes has more to do with the person using it. Alcohol and cigarettes kill more people than illegal drugs do, but I don't hear you crusaders tooting your horn on that subject from your perceived moral high ground. Get over it. Some people like to dabble and can harmlessly enjoy a little toot of the coca, while other have no self control and destroy their life. Either way, it's a personal choice. Jones is doing this because he has to protect his brand, not because he has a problem.

Again, the point isn't about how dangerous cocaine is compared to heroin for example, that is irrelevant.
But cocaine is an illegal drug and Jones has a problem with it.

And you're kidding yourself if you think Jones doesn't have a problem.
For a long time there has been rumours of his cocaine use and as I have said before - the fact that he made the choice to use the drug during a training camp, so close to a fight knowing full well he'll probably be tested, the fact that he is basically willing to risk his career, goes to show that he is not in control of his drug use.

I'm not having a go at him, I know all about addiction, but people have to be sensible here.
In all of these threads it seems to turn into a dick waving contest about who has taken cocaine and who hasn't and seems to veer away from the actual issue.

And are you somehow beyond reproach? I bet there's facets to your being that reek way worse than occasional drug use.

Again, the point isn't about how dangerous cocaine is compared to heroin for example, that is irrelevant.
But cocaine is an illegal drug and Jones has a problem with it.

And you're kidding yourself if you think Jones doesn't have a problem.
For a long time there has been rumours of his cocaine use and as I have said before - the fact that he made the choice to use the drug during a training camp, so close to a fight knowing full well he'll probably be tested, the fact that he is basically willing to risk his career, goes to show that he is not in control of his drug use.

I'm not having a go at him, I know all about addiction, but people have to be sensible here.
In all of these threads it seems to turn into a dick waving contest about who has taken cocaine and who hasn't and seems to veer away from the actual issue.

The actual issue being that a grown man who works harder than any of us could imagine has to fake being sorry and go to rehab for enjoying the fruits of his labor. If cocaine was really affecting his well being, he wouldn't be the best fighter on the planet. It's his choice, and it's gross to hear people on a forum judging him over it and saying he has a problem because they disagree with his drug use. Maybe you're the one with a problem who worries too much about what others choose to put in their body.

Solid post!

Speaking of personal experience, when I graduated from the university and recieved my first real well-paid job, I began partying with some colleagues and cocaine were pretty rampant.

I used cocaine on and off during a year but then I got tired of it, I didn't like how self-absorbed and unsympathetic towards others that I had become so I quit cold turkey and haven't used any drug for almost ten years including alcohol.

My point is, that you can very well use cocaine as a recreational drug without having a genuine problem. Hopefully that is the case with Bones.

Im here for cocaine abuse.

When's the party start?

The actual issue being that a grown man who works harder than any of us could imagine has to fake being sorry and go to rehab for enjoying the fruits of his labor. If cocaine was really affecting his well being, he wouldn't be the best fighter on the planet. It's his choice, and it's gross to hear people on a forum judging him over it and saying he has a problem because they disagree with his drug use. Maybe you're the one with a problem who worries too much about what others choose to put in their body.

Again you're going way way off the point, for what reason I don't know. I assume you're a Jones fan and just want to deflect from what is something he is very very clearly in the wrong for, whether you are a cocaine user, supporter or not.

Cocaine has nothing to do with the way he fights, again, that isn't the point.
Everyone, in any job, would be in deep shit if they were caught using cocaine by their superiors.
Let alone in the job of a professional athlete where you are regularly drug tested.
Regardless of what you think of rock and roll cocaine - It is illegal.

I couldn't care less what Jon Jones puts in his body, he could shoot heroin every week for all I care.
But it's about the sport and what punishment people should get for using illegal drugs.
People are trying to say "oh it's not that bad, it doesn't matter" which is just ridiculous because the same people would be up in arms if Daniel Cormier had tested positive for the same thing.

Jones did wrong, people need to accept it.

Back