Cobrinha instructional video

Ahh. I've been taking a break from FB for a little over a year now. I meant nothing disparaging about the man at all. He's one of my favorite grapplers ever. I just meant that he seems like a chill guy

I didn't take it that you were disparaging him or intend to suggest that you did. It's all good.

Fun Cobrinha video that was posted on Rickson Gracie's Facebook page today

Baking with Cobrinha

Rubens "Cobrinha" Charles Maciel is a world renown bjj competitor and teacher. Interestingly, when Cobrinha isn't making mince meat out of his opponents on the mat, he loves to be in the kitchen baking pies, breads, and cakes- even once owning a bakery in Brazil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf12xZdws_w

I've spent 6 weeks training at Cobrinha's school once and it was just amazing. His level of technique and details is game changing.

What do you guys mean when you say he isn't as appreciated for how good he is since his prime was a little earlier than the internet boom? Isn't Cobrinha always considered the favorite (besides Rafa) and widely regarded as one of the all time greats?

And one of the few guys who can demonstrably give Marcelo serious trouble.

I've spent 6 weeks training at Cobrinha's school once and it was just amazing. His level of technique and details is game changing.

What do you guys mean when you say he isn't as appreciated for how good he is since his prime was a little earlier than the internet boom? Isn't Cobrinha always considered the favorite (besides Rafa) and widely regarded as one of the all time greats?

He is, but we're also pretty heavy grappling nerds if we're posting online. If you go into many academies, you have an entire generation of students that could have been training for over half a decade that are quite good and not familiar with him as a world champion.

For people that follow the sport, for sure he's always consistently the guy that you always ban on to be in the finals. I just meant that I've been in many classes and heard blue and purple belts, and even brown belts talking about how awesome Rafa is, or how sick Buchecha is, and the generation of grapplers that sort of hit black belt around the late 00's and early 10's. And I may be way off base but I just haven't met a lot of people that don't follow the sport online that talk about him or even your Marcelos, Jacares, Xandes, Vieiras, Tereres, Rogers, the same way they talk about Rafa, Buchecha, Miyaos, Rodoflo, Lo, Keenan, etc.

I do think there's sort of an internet generation thing. If you talk about Jeff Glover to most people now, they'd know him as the donkey guard guy. Baret Yoshida got almost no love when he came out at Metamoris and lots of people at the party I was at didn't even know who he was.

Does that help at all? Kinda all over the place...

Baking with Cobrinha

[YT]kf12xZdws_w[/YT]

Was that Ram with Cobrinha? Haven't seen him in ages. Used to roll with him back when he was still a white.

Baking with Cobrinha

[YT]kf12xZdws_w[/YT]

Was that Ram with Cobrinha? Haven't seen him in ages. Used to roll with him back when he was still a white.

Yes that's Ram. It's an old video though, I think Ram was a blue or purple when this was filmed.

Back