Cobrinha Defeats Shane Rice

MUFC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Cobrinha vs Shane Rice was today at the Canadian SubX

Cobrinha finished with a Bow and Arrow choke. He was winning 9-2.

I didn't get to go, I'm hoping a video pops up sometime soon.

Cobrinha vs Shane Rice was today at the Canadian SubX

Cobrinha finished with a Bow and Arrow choke. He was winning 9-2.

I didn't get to go, I'm hoping a video pops up sometime soon.

Nothing surprising about this.

To be fair, they had a much closer match in the finals of the 2008 no-gi worlds. You're not really being fair to Shane, who is a fucking beast in his own right.

Here is today's match:

Thanks for the video.

Cobrinha is insane. His top game never gets much talk, but it's monster.

Cobrinha is just on another level one of the GOAT for sure
Shane did pretty good though

Cobrinha's athletic ability is out of this world; I am not trying to take anything away from his technical skill and knowledge but that guy is a freak of nature.

Excellent match.

I don't think anyone's trying to discredit Shane Rice. It's simply people giving a tip of the cap to Cobrinha's excellence. It has to be somewhat bitter sweet for him given that he was hoping for the Mendes fight. But, perhaps if he can continue to fight at this level he will return to the Mundials despite his "retirement."

I was there today, it was amazing to see Cobrinha in person and shane is very very good too but its hard against Ruben obviously. The rest of the events was also pretty exciting with lots of submissions and nice takedown. Enjoyed myself after competing the previous day.

I was there, it was an awesome match. That first sweep Rubens did was unreal. Everyone knew it was coming but you couldnt stop it. Every match was worth watching, it was a great event.

Some really cool stuff going on on both sides. Nice match!

I find it insane that Cobrinha, Langhi and Braulio will pull guard right into the double under hook pass and then proceed to wreck face.

Back