Television Cobra Kai Season 5 Releases Tomorrow (Get Hyped)

Well, even Miguel getting the Lead girl is more of that shit. I'm mixed for the record and it pisses me off how Hollywood pushes this crap woke rubbish. It's manipulative af.IIt's not genuine and again, I'm thr product of a multicultural relationship. It is not the norm though it's shoved down everyone's throat boot 1st. I did like Miguel fighting bullies.

TBF I don't think Miguel getting the girl was woke at all. He's basically a good-looking kid (aside from his pillsbury doughboy phase in S4) and critically, he's well-written and comes off both sensitive and confident. It's believable he'd do well with the ladies and Sam isn't even that hot to begin with.

The two questionable pairings were Kyler/Sam and Dmitri/popular blonde chick. Kyler was believable as a jock, possibly an oafish bully, but he was nowhere smooth enough to be some casanova. And Dmitri is a shambling doofus. That kid isn't getting the hot girl. Hawk's woman was also disproportionately hot but maybe his confident mohawk phase won her over.

giphy.gif

Cobra Kai is woke? Huh? Even the most toxic anti-sjw tards are saying this isn’t woke like quartering and geeks and gamers. You guys are actually worse than them. My god…..

Lol yeah there is some excusable token woke stuff in there but on the whole, CK is probably the least woke show on TV right now.

Last edited:
TBF I don't think Miguel getting the girl was woke at all. He's basically a good-looking kid (outside of his pillsbury doughboy phase in S4) and critically, he's well-written and comes off both sensitive and confident. It's believable he'd do well with the ladies and Sam isn't even that hot to begin with.

Everything Hollywood has to be race baity and victim politics. Fortunately, it hasn't been sickening. She's still main lead female. Similarly, random aussies rob him in Mexico. Gtfo but it's overall done well.

The two pairings that were suspect were Kyler/Sam and Dmitri/popular blonde chick. Kyler was believable as a jock, possibly an oafish bully, but he was nowhere smooth enough to be some casanova. And Dmitri is a shambling doofus. That kid isn't getting the hot girl. Hawk's woman was also disproportionately hot but maybe his confident mohawk phase won her over.

giphy.gif

Lol yeah there is some excusable token woke stuff in there but on the whole, CK is probably the least woke show on TV right now.

It's good overall. It won't go away until people tune out. Again, it's tolerable just extremely annoying.

Great season. Really enjoyed it from top to bottom.

My only complaint is it maybe came out a little too early, lol. Feels weird to complain about that, but it was fun last year having a new season drop during the holidays.

What a fun treat it is having this show in existence.

Kenny beating Hawk was stupid as hell. Robbie told Hawk to go easy, which justifies the first point, but after that it should have been a battle. Kenny was noted a long time ago for his speed, but even so, it feels off for him to so trivially chest strike The Hawk. Hmm. OR maybe Silvia's training is that good for maximizing physicality, which at the end of the day can trump technique. Kenny as the potential GOAT KK fighter is dumb too.

I thought they made Lapusso drink the diarhea, but it sounds like he just got dunked. The former would be overkill payback. I wish Kenny had just beat him down once more instead of the prank shit. Meh. The show did a poor job of making it seem like Lapusso was being Tormented by Kenny... I got the impression it was just the two isolated incidence. I suppose we’re meant to view them as even now. From Kenny’s perspective though, and if he was tormented for weeks or months, it’s impossible he’d feel they are. He’s being molded into a total asshole regardless.

lol Kyler. This dude doesnt do much in the show, but he delivers quality line after line.

Feel bad for Tory. The actress is doing a decent job of showing the turmoil and chaos that is Tory's sense of self. I hope she has a happy ending in the two episodes I left to watch.

Another great season for the best show on television, but I really hope they wind this down soon. You can only go back to the well so many times.

Finish strong and leave them wanting more, like Seinfeld, instead of going out weak like Roseanne, with people begging for the show to be put out of its misery.

You either die a hero (Seinfeld) or live long enough to become the villain (24, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones).

I'm actually not a fan of the movies at all. I thought the first one was ok but in general I always thought the movies were kind of lame. The show though.. is fucking awesome.
I agree. The movies are borderline unwatchable for me but I absolutely love the show

Kenny beating Hawk was stupid as hell. Robbie told Hawk to go easy, which justifies the first point, but after that it should have been a battle. Kenny was noted a long time ago for his speed, but even so, it feels off for him to so trivially chest strike The Hawk. Hmm. OR maybe Silvia's training is that good for maximizing physicality, which at the end of the day can trump technique. Kenny as the potential GOAT KK fighter is dumb too.

Yeh kids allegedly 16 but looks a legit 12. Hes been training ONE YEAR & he’s a foot shorter and 50lbs lighter than the dudes he’s fighting.

not to mention they literally JUST showed him get effortlessly bitched out by hawk at the water park like 3 days earlier lmfao

that whole thing was embarrassingly cringe

Great season. Really enjoyed it from top to bottom.

My only complaint is it maybe came out a little too early, lol. Feels weird to complain about that, but it was fun last year having a new season drop during the holidays.

What a fun treat it is having this show in existence.

What would you like to see in the final season?

I agree with you. Things wrapped up quickly with Silver..

khabib style thrashing to a johnatan gulet beaning. I dont get it?

Hiw did Danny win???.

I thought they made Lapusso drink the diarhea, but it sounds like he just got dunked. The former would be overkill payback. I wish Kenny had just beat him down once more instead of the prank shit. Meh. The show did a poor job of making it seem like Lapusso was being Tormented by Kenny... I got the impression it was just the two isolated incidence. I suppose we’re meant to view them as even now. From Kenny’s perspective though, and if he was tormented for weeks or months, it’s impossible he’d feel they are. He’s being molded into a total asshole regardless.

lol Kyler. This dude doesnt do much in the show, but he delivers quality line after line.

Feel bad for Tory. The actress is doing a decent job of showing the turmoil and chaos that is Tory's sense of self. I hope she has a happy ending in the two episodes I left to watch.

What about Danny vs Silver 1 and 2? Drastically different. Nothing changed but thr outcomes. Things wrapped up fast. Unsure of where we can go?

What about Danny vs Silver 1 and 2? Drastically different. Nothing changed but thr outcomes. Things wrapped up fast. Unsure of where we can go?

Kim Sun Yung is still alive. He jumps out from behind a photo of his younger self to scare everybody like Kreese did in Karate Kid 3.

You either die a hero (Seinfeld) or live long enough to become the villain (24, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones).
That's true, and with TV, it's overwhelmingly the latter.

With shows like Seinfeld and Black Adder (one of the all-time great endings to a show ever) there is a persistent desire to see a reunion/revival. With Game of Thrones, which I and of course many others loved, I think we're all fine if it goes away forever. I went from recommending the show to everyone I know, to never recommending it and telling people who haven't seen it to stay away from it.

At least with Cobra Kai, this season could work reasonably well is a series finale. So even if it goes down the toilet from here, we have a complete story and the rest can be ignored.

I dont get why Kyler was so bothered by the cheating. Dude is always ganging up on people or fights when someone is crippled or at a disadvantage. He fought Miguel when Miguel just got out of a wheelchair. Or when Hawk was rattleled because of the ambush.

He should have no problem with cheating or corruption.

If literal shit gets involved, I would legit gun them down. You could die if literal shit gets in to your mouth.

Yeh kids allegedly 16 but looks a legit 12. Hes been training ONE YEAR & he’s a foot shorter and 50lbs lighter than the dudes he’s fighting.

not to mention they literally JUST showed him get effortlessly bitched out by hawk at the water park like 3 days earlier lmfao

that whole thing was embarrassingly cringe

I have to cope by reminding myself that Daniel with few months of training beat guys with YEARS of training.

Also another way to cope is that, Miyagi do was shut down and so Hawk technically was not in training while Kenny has decent work ethic to the point that Kyler had to ask him to slow down.

3rd cope is to pretend that Kenny beating Hawk was the cobra kai versionf of Serra vs GSP upset.

These are my top 3 copes.

What would you like to see in the final season?

I agree with you. Things wrapped up quickly with Silver..

khabib style thrashing to a johnatan gulet beaning. I dont get it?

Hiw did Danny win???.

Terry, Kreese and Master Kim all team up with Miyagi-Eagle karate. They form a coalition to take on Miguels mafioso father who knows Miguel is his son because Miguel was dropping names to the other guy saying "Carmen Diaz"

So now, every legacy has to come together to fight the cartel. In doing so, everyone develops mutual respect.

But all seriousness, I want to see the series end with this one important thing in mind:

Johnny Lawrence reclaiming cobra kai and reforming its ideology.

Johnny was at his happiest when cobra kai was under his ownership. He was making shit tons of money to the point that he could payback his stepdad. He was getting phone calls left and right about new classes and if he is accepting more students. He was very well off financially and he was well respected in the community.

He was so successful that he had to open the storage room and make a second training room. When Kreese stole cobra kai, he had to kick many members out because there were way too many students for him to manage. While Johnny had enough passion and energy to keep up with the amount of students signing up. In his tinder date, he mentioned that he also taught kids classes as well. This brings even more money because his teen classes were jam packed.

That's true, and with TV, it's overwhelmingly the latter.

With shows like Seinfeld and Black Adder (one of the all-time great endings to a show ever) there is a persistent desire to see a reunion/revival. With Game of Thrones, which I and of course many others loved, I think we're all fine if it goes away forever. I went from recommending the show to everyone I know, to never recommending it and telling people who haven't seen it to stay away from it.

At least with Cobra Kai, this season could work reasonably well is a series finale. So even if it goes down the toilet from here, we have a complete story and the rest can be ignored.

Yeah that's kind of how I treat 24. It just doesn't exist after season 5. Dexter too. Five seasons seems to be about the best almost anyone can manage without eating shit in the last 20 years.

Six Feet Under is another one that went out on top. And The Wonder Years (ended a season early actually). Sleeper Cell as well, stopped after 2 seasons with the story complete.

Last edited:
I dont get why Kyler was so bothered by the cheating. Dude is always ganging up on people or fights when someone is crippled or at a disadvantage. He fought Miguel when Miguel just got out of a wheelchair. Or when Hawk was rattleled because of the ambush.

If literal shit gets involved, I would legit gun them down. You could die if literal shit gets in to your mouth.

I have to cope by reminding myself that Daniel with few months of training beat guys with YEARS of training.

Also another way to cope is that, Miyagi do was shut down and so Hawk technically was not in training while Kenny has decent work ethic to the point that Kyler had to ask him to slow down.

3rd cope is to pretend that Kenny beating Hawk was the cobra kai versionf of Serra vs GSP upset.

Terry, Kreese and Master Kim all team up with Miyagi-Eagle karate. They form a coalition to take on Miguels mafioso father who knows Miguel is his son because Miguel was dropping names to the other guy saying "Carmen Diaz"

So now, every legacy has to come together to fight the cartel. In doing so, everyone develops mutual respect.

But all seriousness, I want to see the series end with this one important thing in mind:

Johnny was at his happiest when cobra kai was under his ownership. He was making shit tons of money to the point that he could payback his stepdad. He was getting phone calls left and right about new classes and if he is accepting more students. He was very well off financially and he was well respected in the community.

He was so successful that he had to open the storage room and make a second training room. When Kreese stole cobra kai, he had to kick many members out because there were way too many students for him to manage. While Johnny had enough passion and energy to keep up with the amount of students signing up. In his tinder date, he mentioned that he also taught kids classes as well. This brings even more money because his teen classes were jam packed.

I want Johnny to get a W. Not against henchman.

Nice take. I like it. I am just dont see Miguel's dad doing a karate take over. Seems like a stretch but a possible side story. It just didn't go anywhere IMHO. Pointless even???

I like it. I just think that they wrapped things up too quickly. The guy could have exposed Krease instead of Krease breaking out of jail and hospitalized officers.

I guess a big W will be Johnny retaking Cobra Kai. Hell, maybe Danny too. The kids need to have structure. It would be cool to end off where things started.

The biggest take away is Miyagi is GOAT. If Miyagi took Johnny, Silve, Krease, the dog shit outside, they become great. The story shows the importance of a sensei and mentor. More importantly, it shows the consequences of a lack of one. The lack of fatherless homes. It was Danny's start in life. Miyagi was the father he never had.

Father's are GOAT. <Moves>

Yeah that's kind of how I treat 24. It just doesn't exist after season 5.

Six Feet Under is another one that went out on top. And The Wonder Years (ended a season early actually). Sleeper Cell as well, stopped after 2 seasons with the story complete.
The Wonder Years (one of my favorite shows ever) went out at almost the perfect time, as the kids were getting older and there was very little story left to tell unless they went the route of Saved by the Bell: the College Years (which sucked.)

24 I think I checked out on by season 2 or 3. Whichever one Jack was going to shoot his girlfriend's boyfriend while undercover to prove he wasn't a a fed or whatever. He did it, and then you find out later he didn't actually kill him or something. While 24 did break a lot of new ground, it still wasn't willing to put characters in tough positions where they had to make hard choices with real consequences. Maybe that changed later, but I was already gone by then.

Farscape was one of the first shows I watched that told a serialized story across four seasons, made no effort to catch viewers up, and routinely killed off major characters. The "good guys" also had no hesitation to betray each other and sell each other out if it was to their advantage, which added to the drama of the show. Of course it had no time to go down hill as it got canceled early and had to resolve the story with a movie.

The Wonder Years (one of my favorite shows ever) went out at almost the perfect time, as the kids were getting older and there was very little story left to tell unless they went the route of Saved by the Bell: the College Years (which sucked.)

It's been a while but I think they treated Grade 11 like it was Grade 12 for the sake of wrapping it up. Ratings were slipping but the story and the lessons the characters were experiencing still had gas in the tank.

24... I think I checked out on by season 2 or 3. Whichever one Jack was going to shoot his girlfriend's boyfriend while undercover to prove he wasn't a a fed or whatever. He did it, and then you find out later he didn't actually kill him or something. While 24 did break a lot of new ground, it still wasn't willing to put characters in tough positions where they had to make hard choices with real consequences. Maybe that changed later, but I was already gone by then.

It's after season 5 where the consequences for characters and the consistency in their characters about big choices go completely in the toilet. If seasons 2 and 3 weren't good enough for you those will be way worse. Jack is saying he would "never do" something like X and we are expected to believe it when he did X already a couple seasons ago, etc.

The thing with the first five seasons is pretty much that everybody but Jack dies...and a pretty impactful death as well. The stakes are real for everyone but Jack and they definitely feel real for Jack as well for the first few seasons. But there are some reasons 24 hasn't aged perfectly and isn't often revisited.

Last edited:

I think the next season will focus on Kim Da-Eun (the daughter of Silver's master Kim Sun-Yung) taking over Cobra Kai as they enter the Sekai Taikai international tournament, and Daniel and Johnny teaming up (along with Chozen and hopefully Mike Barnes) to stop them.

Like you, I hope the series ends with Johnny reclaiming Cobra Kai. It is his story, and it is called Cobra Kai. The redemption of Johnny Lawrence must be him reclaiming Cobra Kai and becoming the positive father figure/role model for kids that was always missing from his life.

Kim Sun Yung is still alive. He jumps out from behind a photo of his younger self to scare everybody like Kreese did in Karate Kid 3.

LOL. Then LaPusso runs out of the room screaming before KSY's granddaughter looks at him and asks, "You wanna see more?" "I want to see a lot more!" So Kim Da Eun nods at Kenny, who gleefully runs out to retrieve LaPusso. Except Kenny screams off screen and gets flung through the door by... Johnny! Then Johnny one-hit KOs Kim Da Eun via headbutt before facing off with KSY. Then and only then do we hear the OG version of "Woo-ahhhh! Wuuuuhhh. Woooooo?"

Johnny spanks himself disparagingly and says, "Come on Gangnam Style, let's see how good you really are!" Then he launches into the same kata that Daniel did against Barnes. KSY hobbles forward ready to fight but throws out his back because he's 103. Johnny faces off with him respectfully... but then pulls an empty Coors bottle hidden in his gi and smashes it over KSY's head, sending him into the living death and reclaiming Cobra Kai for himself! Carmen runs in and kisses him while a disco ball and confetti descend from the ceiling. Daniel comes in dressed as the robot from Rocky IV carrying a tray of KFC 3-piece and soda combos for everyone.

Last edited:
finally finished it. Good season ending. Kreese escape was ridiculous and glorious all at once.

Stingray…Puts glasses on...stingrays see better at night. WTF.

Stingray’s revised testimony should be useless by itself. His perks aren’t great proof either. Kreese being a violent escapee should mean Silva’s more or less in the clear. His story is done though.

Heard they’re going to do a movie…that should be enough to wrap things up. Flash forward 3 or 4 years into the future…

Kreese is still on the lamb, but main cast has moved on with their lives. Robbie and Tory head down to Mexican for cancan celebration. Robbie see’s a bunch of kids fighting and they’re using Cobra Kai style. Cue Kreese entrance…the kids beat the shit out of Robbie. He tells Robbie to tell Johnny they have unfinished business.

Cobra Kai: No Mercy Ever Again
Movie ends with the death of Daniel Larusso.

I’m still trying to figure how they didn’t all get arrested for breaking and entering Silver's house, not to mention attempted murder.

Back