Cobra kai season 4 new trailer...Kyler is a BEAST now and Terry...

Its so ironic because the storyline revolves around the fact that cobra kai was resurrected in order to defeat Kyler. Now Kyler is one of Cobra Kais toughest and craziest members with INSANE judo throws:

Terry looks menacing but it seems like he did time in prison because of his handcuff belt buckle.

View attachment 881853 View attachment 881854

@ChickenBrother

@BisexualMMA

@Cobra Kai

@Sweeptheleg7

I think that's just a Ferragamo belt buckle. Silver is rich so it makes sense he would wear one.

Wasn't Chozen disowned for his cowardice during the windstorm? Chozen had mental weaknesses that were probably relevant to fighting.

It was pride, not cowardice. Sato disowned him because he refused to work with Daniel (out of spite) to save the little girl during the typhoon. That's when Chozen runs off into the storm and Sato goes out to help Daniel himself. This was right after Miyagi saved Sato by performing a reverse dim mak on the wooden pillar that was crushing him, without injuring Sato underneath.

But yeah, Chozen had big issues despite being tough as hell. In KK2 he was a crooked guy, cheating villagers out of money, trying to renege on the bet with Daniel, holding Kumiko hostage at knifepoint. This despite training under Sato who by contrast tried to do everything above table (albeit in an old school uber macho way).

It was pride, not cowardice. Sato disowned him because he refused to work with Daniel (out of spite) to save the little girl during the typhoon. That's when Chozen runs off into the storm and Sato goes out to help Daniel himself. This was right after Miyagi saved Sato by performing a reverse dim mak on the wooden pillar that was crushing him, without injuring Sato underneath.

But yeah, Chozen had big issues despite being tough as hell. In KK2 he was a crooked guy, cheating villagers out of money, trying to renege on the bet with Daniel, holding Kumiko hostage at knifepoint. This despite training under Sato who by contrast tried to do everything above table (albeit in an old school uber macho way).

I would at least have to say that Chozen's bailing on Sato rather than making sure he was beyond help was cowardice. Certainly compared to Daniel and Miyagi who went to make certain at their own risk.

I guess Chozen's reaction to the command to help the girl is open to interpretation. I can see a case for pride or cowardice. If it's pride, it's a bit odd that Chozen immediately hangs his head in shame at not being up to going out to help. On the other hand if it's fear, then it's odd that Chozen then runs out into the storm that apparently had him paralyzed into inaction.

But Chozen having bailed on Sato already without checking on him, running to a shelter in a panic and not showing any great animosity toward Daniel and Miyagi when they meet in the storm, makes a bit of a case for it being fear.

All we have to go on is what we see in the movies. Sean Kanan's real life background is something I left out, plus training karate in your personal life doesn't necessarily imply that much about cardio anyway.

Yeah we see Barnes training and he's up to the task. But it seems reasonable to assume that Chozen can train long enough to last for a few shots cut together in a movie. I'll give Barnes the advantage in that he is training specifically for something on a given day so probably ramping it up above whatever his normal life is. But that doesn't help the Barnes that walks in and meets Silver at the start.

As to Mike swarming opponents...that's probably more evidence of anaerobic for quick finishes before cardio comes into play very much (e.g. Vitor). As to taunting opponents and then counterstriking...does that really say anything about cardio?

I mean to be fair, Karate cardio in the karate kid rule set is an interval affair. Its similar to ITF taekwondo in a sense that the fighting stops when a hit is landed. In WTF Taekwondo and Kyokushin Karate and boxing, the fighting goes on and on since its continuous. Now regarding Mike Barnes, interval cardio is also its own ball game. Every time you switch on and off, then you are dealing with recovery from intervals since the body wants to relax after each set and you have to train yourself to recover.

So I guess you can say that Mike has a better recovery because of his sports karate. Regarding counterstriking and cardio, I guess the relation is not so much cardio but the nerves it takes to stay relaxed. So in that regards I was wrong to factor it as cardio but rather that Mike does not get nervous after every counter striking exchanges to the point that his cardio gets effected due to lack of nerves.

Its just that the way Mike handled Daniel even before the mind game build up makes me believe Mike is superior. But my only argument is that karate kid fans assume that Mike is inferior than Chozen because he fights in a sport setting. My only rebuttal is that guys like Tyson, GSP, Anderson Silva fight in a sport setting as oppose to engaging in death matches. He is probably not tougher in his life and death conviction but he can still improve his physical attributes and techniques.

Sadly we know nothing of Barnes' background for comparison, outside of having been a teen U.S. national champ in karate and an alleged "bad boy." We don't know his home school or style or where he came from, family wealth, etc. All we know is he's good enough at karate to clown Daniel in a tournament setting and in impromptu brawls in bonsai shops (this after Daniel had a back-and-forth death match with Chozen the previous summer). But we can infer he's not a complete noob to privilege as Silver puts him up in a fancy hotel and provides a car and driver and a gang of lackeys and Barnes is not only unphased by that, he demands more.

But cardio capacity isn't a material differentiator among teen Daniel, Chozen and Barnes. We never see any of them gas and none of them are big or muscular enough for it to be a likely constraint anyway.

However, all considered if we had to rank them on physical conditioning/toughness (including cardio) as it pertains to karate, I gotta go with Chozen. Even though he's the rich kid (nephew of Sato, the richest dude in town), we're talking rural Okinawa pre-strip mall era as seen in Season 3. So blue collar farming village and Chozen works as a junior manager at a grocery store. He's also the top student of Miyagi Do/Sato Karate (implied to be the most effective karate style in the world) in the literal birthplace of karate. And in S3 we learn that he goes on to become the head sensei of Miyagi Do karate after Sato's death. In the present, he's the only person we've seen clown Daniel in karate, making him arguably the most skilled karate practitioner in Cobra Kai (although we haven't yet seen what present-day Silver and Barnes can do).

On top of that, the man is fucking crazy. In the garden fight scene in KK2, he gives Daniel the spear and invites him to attack, before disarming and beating his ass with his bare hands. After Sato disowns him, he runs into the raging typhoon that levels the entire village and after surviving that, somehow lives off the land alone in the destroyed landscape for days (weeks?) before challenging Daniel to a death match at the festival (when he's almost certainly dehydrated and depleted after that ordeal). Then after losing, he unironically asks to die rather than live as a loser.

So Chozen is twisted, but a hardcore tough as nails MF'er. No one outside of Miyagi (maybe Kreese and Silver in Vietnam) has endured the physical hardship Chozen is implied to in KK2. The bullying Daniel faces is trifling fancyboy stuff by comparison.

You don't know if he went to survive and live off the land since he could have been taking shelter at the home of one of his minions or one of his foreign students place. Him being disowned by Sato doesn't mean he instantly becomes homeless and broke. He could have been at a hotel near the airport he picked Dan and Miyagi.

That being said, to his credit, he was the ONLY one in the franchise to land a hit on Mr.Miyagi. Granted it was the mother of all cheap shots and even Kreese and Silver had more honor of taking turns fighting Miyagi one on one as oppose to gang up on him at the same time.

I would at least have to say that Chozen's bailing on Sato rather than making sure he was beyond help was cowardice. Certainly compared to Daniel and Miyagi who went to make certain at their own risk.

I guess Chozen's reaction to the command to help the girl is open to interpretation. I can see a case for pride or cowardice. If it's pride, it's a bit odd that Chozen immediately hangs his head in shame at not being up to going out to help. On the other hand if it's fear, then it's odd that Chozen then runs out into the storm that apparently had him paralyzed into inaction.

But Chozen having bailed on Sato already without checking on him, running to a shelter in a panic and not showing any great animosity toward Daniel and Miyagi when they meet in the storm, makes a bit of a case for it being fear.

These are good points and yeah, seems evident that Chozen's bailing on Sato was mostly due to fear.

But after Daniel and Miyagi save Sato, Chozen is salty about being "exposed." He had bailed on Sato thinking he was already dead, but Miyagi and Daniel showed him to be wrong... and by inference, a coward. Sato then telling him to help the kid who just showed him up is salt in the wound and he can't do it.

So with the stakes elevated and Chozen feeling like a schmuck, he goes full DGAF mode and runs out into the storm alone.

You don't know if he went to survive and live off the land since he could have been taking shelter at the home of one of his minions or one of his foreign students place. Him being disowned by Sato doesn't mean he instantly becomes homeless and broke. He could have been at a hotel near the airport he picked Dan and Miyagi.

That being said, to his credit, he was the ONLY one in the franchise to land a hit on Mr.Miyagi. Granted it was the mother of all cheap shots and even Kreese and Silver had more honor of taking turns fighting Miyagi one on one as oppose to gang up on him at the same time.

Chozen doesn't have minions or students of his own because he himself is Sato's star student. Sato's sponsorship is everything to him hence why he loses it when Sato disowns him. Sato is the patriarchal big swinging dick of the village, essentially the Brad Wesley of Okinawa. Had Jimmy (Wesley's head enforcer) fallen out with his boss, he wouldn't have gotten any sympathy from the rest the townsfolk either.

I suppose it's possible Chozen stayed in a hotel, assuming there were any left standing - remember the typhoon leveled the entire village and Chozen appears to have been the only person in town who spent the night out in the storm and NOT in the storm shelter. But it's strongly implied Chozen had no one else to turn to. In S3 it's revealed he tried to commit suicide after losing to Daniel and it was only Sato's forgiveness and mentorship that helped him get back on track.

Last edited:
I don’t know about this upcoming season. I liked season 1 and 2 but it was kind of downhill from there.

These are good points and yeah, seems evident that Chozen's bailing on Sato was mostly due to fear.

But after Daniel and Miyagi save Sato, Chozen is salty about being "exposed." He had bailed on Sato thinking he was already dead, but Miyagi and Daniel showed him to be wrong... and by inference, a coward. Sato then telling him to help the kid who just showed him up is salt in the wound and he can't do it.

So with the stakes elevated and Chozen feeling like a schmuck, he goes full DGAF mode and runs out into the storm alone.

Chozen doesn't have minions or students of his own because he himself is Sato's star student. Sato's sponsorship is everything to him hence why he loses it when Sato disowns him. Sato is the patriarchal big swinging dick of the village, essentially the Brad Wesley of Okinawa. Had Jimmy (Wesley's head enforcer) fallen out with his boss, he wouldn't have gotten any sympathy from the rest the townsfolk either.

I suppose it's possible Chozen stayed in a hotel, assuming there were any left standing - remember the typhoon leveled the entire village and Chozen appears to have been the only person in town who spent the night out in the storm and NOT in the storm shelter. But it's strongly implied Chozen had no one else to turn to. In S3 it's revealed he tried to commit suicide after losing to Daniel and it was only Sato's forgiveness and mentorship that helped him get back on track.

How strange, I thought I commented on this post and was waiting for a reply only to realize I never did. Alright fair points on Chozen. It is correct that him losing Satos respect= losing status and that is true. I just assumed he would go outside of the village and use whatever money in his bank account to plan his moves or you and I are half right in a sense that he went of to the wilderness but maybe he took some canned foods with him or something.

I can see by his growth of character that he probably likes to meditate and contemplate in quite places to find his inner balance. I actually enjoyed his growth in Cobra kai and he is way more respectable. My thing I get pissy and combative is the whole "Chozen was a killer and Mike was a skinny white boy karate point fighter from USA" bullshit.

Problem is, they want to dismiss Mike by the dire circumstance in which Chozen created. I have no doubt in my mind that there are Scary, Crazy, Dangerous motherfuckers in this world who are way more violent than GSP but it doesn't mean their fighting skills matches their willingness to commit extreme violence.

To me, I see it like this:

Chozen= More violent
Mike=More skilled

In fact, I would say that Mike was not as bad as he was portrayed. In the Terry reveal scene, he hit Daniel with elbows but then he shoved him towards the door as if to tell him "hurry up and leave!" but then:

Terry was like "You wanna see some more"

and

Kreese" I wanna see ALOT MORE!"

Terry "Alright bring him back!

Anyways, I would not be surprised if Chozen would or could beat Mike in a fight. I just don't like how Mikes skills are dismissed by the bloodlust of Chozen.

My favorite things with this series is Johnny's relationship with modern technology and Kyler talking like a 2000s teen gangsta which got me curios to know his age and to realize he is in his 30s.

I wonder if Joe Seo had a creative control of Kyler in regards to how teens act and he thought kids today say shit like "u da man dawg" or in the earlier season " yo fo shore"

This is kind of hilarious because Joe Seo actually would have been a teenager in the 2000's and he minored in African American studies at UCLA. So his gangsta talk is likely just playing himself from 10 or 15 years ago.

Even though Joe fell in love with acting as a teenager, his parents were hoping that he would follow a more traditional path. They wanted their son to become a doctor, and for a while Joe was on board. He earned a full scholarship to UCLA where he intended to work towards a career in the medical field. He ultimately ended up graduating with a bachelor’s degree in anthropology with a minor in African American studies.

https://www.tvovermind.com/joe-seo/

This is kind of hilarious because Joe Seo actually would have been a teenager in the 2000's and he minored in African American studies at UCLA. So his gangsta talk is likely just playing himself from 10 or 15 years ago.

Even though Joe fell in love with acting as a teenager, his parents were hoping that he would follow a more traditional path. They wanted their son to become a doctor, and for a while Joe was on board. He earned a full scholarship to UCLA where he intended to work towards a career in the medical field. He ultimately ended up graduating with a bachelor’s degree in anthropology with a minor in African American studies.

https://www.tvovermind.com/joe-seo/

Yo, he da man dawg!!!!

He a natural cobra mane!

I am 33 years old and this November is going to be my birthday. With that I realize that in 2000 I was 13 years old. During that time we had gangsta rap as the main youth culture for most teens. We had Dmx, Snoop dog, dr.dre and juvenile during that time. after that, we had Eminem and 50 cent who beefed with Ja rule and murder inc.

That was our youth culture and we all talked EXACTLY like Kyler. Sup dawg! Yo whats happening G!

In the beach party, when Yasmine and Kyler came to the beach, she was like "man your driving sucks" he was like "whatever dawg!"

My question is...Does Joe Seo have creative control over his lines?

I mean teens in the late 2010s dont talk like him. That being said, for whats worth, I think Kyler is hilarious. "If I fail trigg this semester ma dad gone shit in ma mouth!" followed with "yo popo we got 2 go!"

How strange, I thought I commented on this post and was waiting for a reply only to realize I never did. Alright fair points on Chozen. It is correct that him losing Satos respect= losing status and that is true. I just assumed he would go outside of the village and use whatever money in his bank account to plan his moves or you and I are half right in a sense that he went of to the wilderness but maybe he took some canned foods with him or something.

I can see by his growth of character that he probably likes to meditate and contemplate in quite places to find his inner balance. I actually enjoyed his growth in Cobra kai and he is way more respectable. My thing I get pissy and combative is the whole "Chozen was a killer and Mike was a skinny white boy karate point fighter from USA" bullshit.

Problem is, they want to dismiss Mike by the dire circumstance in which Chozen created. I have no doubt in my mind that there are Scary, Crazy, Dangerous motherfuckers in this world who are way more violent than GSP but it doesn't mean their fighting skills matches their willingness to commit extreme violence.

To me, I see it like this:

Chozen= More violent
Mike=More skilled

In fact, I would say that Mike was not as bad as he was portrayed. In the Terry reveal scene, he hit Daniel with elbows but then he shoved him towards the door as if to tell him "hurry up and leave!" but then:

Terry was like "You wanna see some more"

and

Kreese" I wanna see ALOT MORE!"

Terry "Alright bring him back!

Anyways, I would not be surprised if Chozen would or could beat Mike in a fight. I just don't like how Mikes skills are dismissed by the bloodlust of Chozen.

Yeah Mike was clearly a more formidable karate adversary than Chozen but your comparison of GSP vs. some crazy dangerous street MF is apt. Barnes was better than Chozen at karate but never would have been willing to kill Daniel nor risk being killed himself for some money and prestige. In that way, the stakes of KK3 were a downgrade from KK2. Daniel is literally coming off a death match vs some crazy skilled mofo willing to kill or be killed and then goes into... his second All Valley <18 karate tournament vs. some douche who only wants to embarrass him in public? Miyagi really owned that scene talking Daniel into getting back onto the mat, but it seemed ridiculous that Daniel was on the verge of quitting due to a few (non-serious) boo-boos, after what he went through in KK2 or even just KK1.

Yo, he da man dawg!!!!

He a natural cobra mane!

I am 33 years old and this November is going to be my birthday. With that I realize that in 2000 I was 13 years old. During that time we had gangsta rap as the main youth culture for most teens. We had Dmx, Snoop dog, dr.dre and juvenile during that time. after that, we had Eminem and 50 cent who beefed with Ja rule and murder inc.

That was our youth culture and we all talked EXACTLY like Kyler. Sup dawg! Yo whats happening G!

In the beach party, when Yasmine and Kyler came to the beach, she was like "man your driving sucks" he was like "whatever dawg!"

My question is...Does Joe Seo have creative control over his lines?

I mean teens in the late 2010s dont talk like him. That being said, for whats worth, I think Kyler is hilarious. "If I fail trigg this semester ma dad gone shit in ma mouth!" followed with "yo popo we got 2 go!"

Whoever is writing Kyler's lines, I'm glad they did because he is kind of hilarious. Other than Miguel, he's the only teen character who isn't an insufferable asshat.

Yeah Mike was clearly a more formidable karate adversary than Chozen but your comparison of GSP vs. some crazy dangerous street MF is apt. Barnes was better than Chozen at karate but never would have been willing to kill Daniel nor risk being killed himself for some money and prestige. In that way, the stakes of KK3 were a downgrade from KK2. Daniel is literally coming off a death match vs some crazy skilled mofo willing to kill or be killed and then goes into... his second All Valley <18 karate tournament vs. some douche who only wants to embarrass him in public? Miyagi really owned that scene talking Daniel into getting back onto the mat, but it seemed ridiculous that Daniel was on the verge of quitting due to a few (non-serious) boo-boos, after what he went through in KK2 or even just KK1.

Whoever is writing Kyler's lines, I'm glad they did because he is kind of hilarious. Other than Miguel, he's the only teen character who isn't an insufferable asshat.

I will be honest with you, I like most people feel weirded out about how Daniel turned in to a pussy in karate kid 3 even though he fought in a death match. I being so freakishly obsessed with karate kid 3 I like to draw real life comparison. To me, KK3 Daniel= Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor!

Just like how Aldo got destroyed mentally, I view Daniel as the original fictional version of Aldo vs Conor. While Conor was an incredible fighter in his prime and I maintain that he would beat Aldo, I still think that if they fought as strangers, it would have been a close back and forth match with Conor pulling a late stoppage or a decision win. But because of the mind games, aldo got fucked up real bad and he just rushed and got countered and that was that.

Now with Daniel, we few factors besides the mind games:

-The stress of bonsai tree business

-PTSD develops few months after the main incident with Chozen

-Break up with Ali and Kumiko

-Miyagi losing his job

For me I had an extremely violent encounter in 2014. Came out pretty well and felt good but then the intrusive thoughts of "what ifs" started kicking in. Its possible that Daniel may have had developed some trauma from Chozen that blossomed during the kk3 timeline. Mine kicked in 3 months after the main incident. So with the trauma, with the stress of his college funds going to the tree and hiding it from his mom + all the Mike/Terry revenge may have made him get Nerfed big time.

Granted I am reaching way too much in to it but my justification of Daniel was that he was in a bad head space coming to the KK3 timeline.

I want to know if Kyler passed trigg and I want to know who his father is and really, Kyler is much like William Zabka who wrestled in high school and like Larusso he joined Cobra kai.

Holy shit, I googled the actor that plays Terry because he looks pretty different from KK3 and he is actually younger than Ralph Macchio. I never would have believe that in KK3 Daniel was older than Terry.

Holy shit, I googled the actor that plays Terry because he looks pretty different from KK3 and he is actually younger than Ralph Macchio. I never would have believe that in KK3 Daniel was older than Terry.

I remember that in 2005 and I could not believe it one bit but then again Daniel looks super young. Kyler is now the Daniel Larusso of Cobra kai. He is 30 year old man playing a high schooler.

After i saw the first season i couldnt stop crane kicking people and crushing coors banquets

I will be honest with you, I like most people feel weirded out about how Daniel turned in to a pussy in karate kid 3 even though he fought in a death match. I being so freakishly obsessed with karate kid 3 I like to draw real life comparison. To me, KK3 Daniel= Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor!

Just like how Aldo got destroyed mentally, I view Daniel as the original fictional version of Aldo vs Conor. While Conor was an incredible fighter in his prime and I maintain that he would beat Aldo, I still think that if they fought as strangers, it would have been a close back and forth match with Conor pulling a late stoppage or a decision win. But because of the mind games, aldo got fucked up real bad and he just rushed and got countered and that was that.

Now with Daniel, we few factors besides the mind games:

-The stress of bonsai tree business

-PTSD develops few months after the main incident with Chozen

-Break up with Ali and Kumiko

-Miyagi losing his job

For me I had an extremely violent encounter in 2014. Came out pretty well and felt good but then the intrusive thoughts of "what ifs" started kicking in. Its possible that Daniel may have had developed some trauma from Chozen that blossomed during the kk3 timeline. Mine kicked in 3 months after the main incident. So with the trauma, with the stress of his college funds going to the tree and hiding it from his mom + all the Mike/Terry revenge may have made him get Nerfed big time.

Granted I am reaching way too much in to it but my justification of Daniel was that he was in a bad head space coming to the KK3 timeline.

I want to know if Kyler passed trigg and I want to know who his father is and really, Kyler is much like William Zabka who wrestled in high school and like Larusso he joined Cobra kai.

The PTSD angle is interesting and hadn't considered that. Makes more sense of Daniel being susceptible to Silver's "quicksilver" method of venting his anger, attacking the kid in the club, etc.

But I don't buy it as the reason Barnes was clowning Daniel. Barnes was just that much better at karate. He was a national champ and the best teen karate fighter money could buy. Even on his best day, I don't see teen Daniel matching Barnes skill for skill. But he pulled the kata out of his ass (one of many gems in the movie) and got the fluke win.

But I do think Aldo/McG should have been closer had McG not gotten into Aldo's head. Could have gone either way but Aldo had the skills to make it a competitive fight.

This was always funny but the more ridiculous aspect was Thomas Ian Griffith being only 26 during filming but cast as Kreese's Vietnam war buddy and having been a lieutenant under CPT Kreese's command. Gotta feel for Silver's platoon having to salute and take orders from an 8 year old LT.

Last edited:
The PTSD angle is interesting and hadn't considered that. Makes more sense of Daniel being susceptible to Silver's "quicksilver" method of venting his anger, attacking the kid in the club, etc.

But I don't buy it as the reason Barnes was clowning Daniel. Barnes was just that much better at karate. He was a national champ and the best teen karate fighter money could buy. Even on his best day, I don't see teen Daniel matching Barnes skill for skill. But he pulled the kata out of his ass (one of many gems in the movie) and got the fluke win.

But I do think Aldo/McG should have been closer had McG not gotten into Aldo's head. Could have gone either way but Aldo had the skills to make it a competitive fight.

This was always funny but the more ridiculous aspect was Thomas Ian Griffith being only 26 during filming but cast as Kreese's Vietnam war buddy and having been a lieutenant under CPT Kreese's command. Gotta feel for Silver's platoon having to salute and take orders from an 8 year old LT.

I agree with you about Mike's skills.dans skill was in encountering since miyagi taught him defense and Mr.miyagi knew that Dan was unhinged due to " you could have killed him couldn't you?" Followed with " why didn't you?"

Not to mention in the fake rescue scene with Terry defending Dan for Mike, dan was like" that is the guy who wants my title, I was hoping you would have killed him"

Terry s wise response " that's not what Karate's for its for defense"

Not to mention jacking Johnnys rent in season= everyone paying more rent in the plaza to me gave of the fact that Daniel Larusso IS a natural cobra.

So that end I really do think that miyagi gentle teaching tends to conflict with Dan's inborn natural ruthlessness which makes him conflicted which results in him being inconsistent in regard to his psyche. That leads him to be vulnerable to bad ideas and manipulation.

Regarding silver, if he was 9 year old soldier he would be like this:

Its so ironic because the storyline revolves around the fact that cobra kai was resurrected in order to defeat Kyler. Now Kyler is one of Cobra Kais toughest and craziest members with INSANE judo throws:

Terry looks menacing but it seems like he did time in prison because of his handcuff belt buckle.

View attachment 881853 View attachment 881854

@ChickenBrother

@BisexualMMA

@Cobra Kai

@Sweeptheleg7

I knew it was a matter of time before Kyler would join cobra Kai or with another school. I’m actually very excited about this season. I’m wondering if Johnny is going to incorporate some of Daniel’s karate and vice versa. Terry is probably at a higher level than Johnny and Daniel

I knew it was a matter of time before Kyler would join cobra Kai or with another school. I’m actually very excited about this season. I’m wondering if Johnny is going to incorporate some of Daniel’s karate and vice versa. Terry is probably at a higher level than Johnny and Daniel

Terry should be the highest level that the franchise has ever seen, save for Miyagi, presumably Sato and I guess Chozen 2.0. Terry should be able to wipe the floor with Daniel and Johnny, probably at the same time, but the show is playing it pretty fast and loose with relative skill levels at any given point in time.

I never saw it coming with kyler. Once he was shook up after cafeteria i thought it was the end for him. It's just weird that kyler is cobra kai. I mean the show is called cobra kai and the main theme was that cobra kai was going to redeem it's brand by helping nerds find balance.

My thought was that after season 1 finale we saw miyagi reopen. I assumed the show was going to revolve around some evil asshole taking over miyagi do and turning kids in to bullies. Meanwhile Johnny and kreese are trying to redeem themselves through cobra kai and then Daniel would be getting help from chosen and silver joining in and all are working together.

Meanwhile the evil asshole could have been an illegitimate son of sato who is getting support from Miguels father and now all the antagonist of all the karate kid franchise are helping Dan reclaim miyagi do and also redeem themselves.

But now it's all the same enemies as oppose to new antagonist. Season 3 had no one new who was all that relevant.

Back