Coachella Lineup

A total picture of the shit world this young generation has. Bad music, shitty culture. They will barely watch the acts anyway, they will be too busy taking selfies for Instagram. I would pay money NOT to go.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard are awesome live and play rock.

I went to 5 Coachellas from 2011 to 2017. It’s a fun ass festival but the line ups making me feel old now. There’s a decent amount of good acts on the undercard, Kanye’s the only good headliner. Coachellas always ripe with babes and fun parties though.

People have been wanting him to get Ooingo Boingo back together and play for years. I doubt it'll happen. Same with Talking Heads, Smiths, etc. If those types of bands ever did get back together they'd more likely play Bonnaroo or somewhere where people still appreciate good music.

Elfman says he's embarrassed about Oingo Boingo but it was his crowning achievement.

The Sat lineup looks decent. Bit of Hawtin and Liebing; Hot Chip; wander over to Mad Lib; sleep over night & see RTJ then bounce.

<mma4>

The Avalanches are cool. Their debut album is old af but holds up.

Unsure I have heard of any of those performers. Either at 48 I'm just too old or Coachella has fallen down a few rungs.

If I go to a festival it would be Rockfest on Louisville. At least I heard of the headliners.

BB musicians for a BB crowd

<Fedor23>

Speaking of the Simpsons.
I don't know anyone on this list. Really feels like this soccer Simpsons parody "You'll see all your favorite soccer stars. Like Ariaga! Ariaga II! Bariaga! Aruglia! And Pizzoza!"

I don’t even know what this is. I thought it was like a strip club in Tijuana or something so I clicked on the thread

Kinda bummed tbh. Do you guys mind if we make this thread about strip clubs in Tijuana instead..?

@TeTe got that map?

unnamed%2520(7).jpg

Pretty pathetic, but that's how it's been the past five years or so at least. I went in 08 and 09 and it was amazing. Only things I'd care about seeing this year are Kanye, Danny Elfman, Spiritualized and Caribou. I don't think there's one rock band on the whole lineup. Wow, how the mighty have fallen.

Mainstream rock is all but dead my friend. The landscape of "music" has changed. Ill never ever forget being in jr high, going to lollapalooza in 93. I became a man at those concerts, lol.

Meh. I could just go to Bottlerock in Napa which is 30 minutes away from me. At least they got Metallica

The original audience would probably rather just see Tool on their tour and not sit through a 3 day festival with a million kids. And the kids who are attending aren’t going to care about Tool. Time for the 34-45 year olds to move on and make room for a new group of teens to attend.
They can have it. I realized a few years back that I love the idea of music festivals, but I hate the reality of going to them.

Well... Spiritualized kicked ass back in the 1890's*.

Overall the lineup looks like a mixture of lacklustre fogie music and a whole bunch of modern crap that no-one can tell apart, including the artists themselves.

*Obligatory:

Back