Coachella Lineup

CrippleWerk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
unnamed%2520(7).jpg

Pretty pathetic, but that's how it's been the past five years or so at least. I went in 08 and 09 and it was amazing. Only things I'd care about seeing this year are Kanye, Danny Elfman, Spiritualized and Caribou. I don't think there's one rock band on the whole lineup. Wow, how the mighty have fallen.

Seems like they’re done marketing to my age group, which is smart since I’d never really consider going. Good lineup for the 25 and under crowd though, they’ll probably show up for this.

When AC/DC played a few years ago that was the last hurrah. If they still catered to the original audience Tool would for sure be there this year since they're touring.

When AC/DC played a few years ago that was the last hurrah. If they still catered to the original audience Tool would for sure be there this year since they're touring.

The original audience would probably rather just see Tool on their tour and not sit through a 3 day festival with a million kids. And the kids who are attending aren’t going to care about Tool. Time for the 34-45 year olds to move on and make room for a new group of teens to attend.

Day 3 is obviously the best day, they just shoehorned too many niche acts in the firs two days in the mid lineup.
Brockhampton and Disclosure tho, yesssirrrskkiiii

unnamed%2520(7).jpg

Pretty pathetic, but that's how it's been the past five years or so at least. I went in 08 and 09 and it was amazing. Only things I'd care about seeing this year are Kanye, Danny Elfman, Spiritualized and Caribou. I don't think there's one rock band on the whole lineup. Wow, how the mighty have fallen.
Just Danny Elfman for me. I imagine it would be fun though.

Seems like they’re done marketing to my age group, which is smart since I’d never really consider going. Good lineup for the 25 and under crowd though, they’ll probably show up for this.
Not sure if that is a good decision businesswise. I don't really see teenagers spending big bucks for drinks with Harry Styles and Billie Eilish headlining.

Just Danny Elfman for me. I imagine it would be fun though.

People have been wanting him to get Ooingo Boingo back together and play for years. I doubt it'll happen. Same with Talking Heads, Smiths, etc. If those types of bands ever did get back together they'd more likely play Bonnaroo or somewhere where people still appreciate good music.

People have been wanting him to get Ooingo Boingo back together and play for years. I doubt it'll happen. Same with Talking Heads, Smiths, etc. If those types of bands ever did get back together they'd more likely play Bonnaroo or somewhere where people still appreciate good music.
Oh, man. Talking Heads would be awesome.

There's a few good acts I missed the first time I looked at it like King Gizzard and Lizard Wizard and Hotchip. It's still pretty terrible though.

Not sure if that is a good decision businesswise. I don't really see teenagers spending big bucks for drinks with Harry Styles and Billie Eilish headlining.

They’ll be going for years though, and the 40 year old aren’t drinking like they used to anyway. Kanye is the headliner for middle aged people, anybody too old to care about him has already been milked for all they’re worth to these promoters.

They’ll be going for years though, and the 40 year old aren’t drinking like they used to anyway. Kanye is the headliner for middle aged people, anybody too old to care about him has already been milked for all they’re worth to these promoters.
No he's not lol
Kanye is as popular as he's ever been with younger audiences. Do you guys know young people or are you just pulling this out of your ass?

Back