Coach Spar Mitts Question

L

LeatherWhip

I am looking to buy a pair of coach spar mitts. I am looking for best bang for the buck, which means to me, durability, quality, and not overpriced. I would like to know thoughts on the following, thanks:

Ringside
Professional Coach Spar Mitts at Ringside.com

Ringside Compact
Compact Coach Spar Mitts at Ringside.com

Everlast
Coach Spar Mitts

Windy
Windy Coach Spar Mitts from Combatsports.com

Top Contender
Top Contender Coach Spar Mitts at CagesideMMA.com

Twins
Twins Coach Spar Mitts

Are there other brands which make a coach spar mitt I should consider? Thanks

I am looking to buy a pair of coach spar mitts. I am looking for best bang for the buck, which means to me, durability, quality, and not overpriced. I would like to know thoughts on the following, thanks:

Ringside
Professional Coach Spar Mitts at Ringside.com

Ringside Compact
Compact Coach Spar Mitts at Ringside.com

Everlast
Coach Spar Mitts

Windy
Windy Coach Spar Mitts from Combatsports.com

Top Contender
Top Contender Coach Spar Mitts at CagesideMMA.com

Twins
Twins Coach Spar Mitts

Are there other brands which make a coach spar mitt I should consider? Thanks

Noone has any experiences?

Naw, I've never used those yet, but am looking at getting some.

I hate to say it, but for the price, the Ringsides are probably the better buy.

And I don't like them (the company, not the gear) at all.

You should check title. Their stuff is usually decent and cheap. I personally don't have any experience with them, but a lot of brits seem to use them.

You should check title. Their stuff is usually decent and cheap. I personally don't have any experience with them, but a lot of brits seem to use them.

yea, title is one of the companies i buy from for a lot of stuff. They have pretty good quality and great prices.

Personally i'd tell you to get the everlast, usually you can't go wrong with windy and twins but they looked a little strange to me..

I don't know if you should get the Everlast...I am not a big fan of ALOT of their stuff.

The twins looked really nice and their a great company...cant go wrong with them.

Honestly i only use mitts, but im not a trainer so i cant give you much info on these. I would probably look for the most padding at the target and the widest target space.

The ones I've used are the TC and they're aren't bad for $25.00. They are synthetic leather but the palm side is nicely padded and the tapping portion is adequate. Just my 2 cents

yea lots of people aren't fans of everlasts products other then their pro fight gloves but personally they're the only coach spar mitts i've used and they've worked well and held up pretty nicely but i can't really compare them to anything else

i don't like the ones with all that extra padding over the thumb, turns the thumb into a spear. those are the ones we sell not that we had any complaints but i can't wait till the last one is gone so we can make our next version a true curved focus mitt with padding to punch with.

so from that list on safety point of view i would go with the ringside pro, the top contender or everlast(maybe) just because i hate the padded thumb on all the rest.

mike - Gorilla Fight Gear!, MMA Supplies

Thanks for the input guys. I went for the top contender ones.

Back