Coach Mike Winklejohn: No beats Jon Jones but himself.

He's probably right.

I still don't buy the "tainted supplements" though

Lets look at this logically. People are thinking cause he tested positive for estrogen blockers, that means he must have been doing steroids of some sort. Well, why didn't he test positive for them? Some might say, he cycled off in time. But, they are tested all the time, unannounced out of competition tests. which make if very very difficult to juice. Anderson siliver got popped for roids. cause he took them. if you take them, you will get caught. Jones didn't test positive, cause i don't think he took them.

The tainted supplement or some supplement he took had an estrogen blocker in it.

Hes KO'd himself in the 1st like 3-4 times now.

Tainted supplements my eye.

Are fighters tested during the period they are banned? How stringent is it?

I believe Nick Diaz said on a recent interview that USADA has been at his house 5 times already, even though he's suspended. And he went typical Nick Diaz on them: "Why you wanna test me, I'm suspended! You ain't testing shit!"
Or something like that.

Lets look at this logically. People are thinking cause he tested positive for estrogen blockers, that means he must have been doing steroids of some sort. Well, why didn't he test positive for them? Some might say, he cycled off in time.

The tainted supplement or some supplement he took had an estrogen blocker in it.

Ask yourself what is more likely: Jon successfully stopped his steroid cycle before he could be caught OR he took supplements that were tainted so heavily with something that makes no sense, that he actually got a detectable blood level.

One of these scenarios is much more likely. Supplements tainted with estrogen doesn't pass the giggle test my friend, and everyone knows it.

Still going with the tainted supplement excuses... for two PCT drugs...
They need to track this jerk down that sold these tainted supplements to unknowing Jon.

They also need to arrest him for assault. Not only did he sell tainted supplements but he injected them into Jon's stomach while he was asleep and gave him those injection marks at the 189 weigh-in.

No. Jones is not the best. We will never know how many fighters he beat while he was on juice.

Hes right about the normal diets thing, i dont get why some ppl are still using any kind of supplement in the USADA era.

He is not, tainted supplements are bullshit especially if you stick to the big brands and the well known stuff like creatine or whey. These guys getting vaught are either using shady supplements from china or doing PEDs and looking for an excuse. Or like Machida taking something that is banned but he didn't take the time to read the labels.

Ask yourself what is more likely: Jon successfully stopped his steroid cycle before he could be caught OR he took supplements that were tainted so heavily with something that makes no sense, that he actually got a detectable blood level.

One of these scenarios is much more likely. Supplements tainted with estrogen doesn't pass the giggle test my friend, and everyone knows it.

performance supplements have been shown many times to have contained illegal drugs. google it. It has been documented many times to have happened. Many supplements have been taken of the market due to this problem.

How can he cycle off roids in time, when he has no clue when they will test him? If you know when the test is, then it's pretty easy cycle off in time. but without knowing, you're taking a huge gamble.. you have no idea when usada will come knocking. why do you think so many guys are being caught?

That have never once been found in tainted supplements.
Well now they have. Jon ate the bloody things, for god's sake. We need some justice around these forums. Mods are one thing but we need forum bounty hunters for when things have to get dirty or messy.

performance supplements have been shown many times to have contained illegal drugs. google it.
I googled, I could not find it. Can you source me when these particular substances Jones failed for were found in supplements?

Hes right about the normal diets thing, i dont get why some ppl are still using any kind of supplement in the USADA era.
For recovery pretty simple really. The average person has no idea what these guys put their bodies through. They are training hours at a time up to 2-3 times a day. Try doing that with only a balanced diet of fruits and vegetables. I don't care what kind of shape you are in that is hell on the human body. Then you have to crawl out of bed the next day lather rinse repeat.

Which is why I think USADA is such bullshit. I don't believe in anabolic steroids and EPO but outside that these athletes should be able to take whatever gets them to the fight imo. Let's see a pocket protector wearing pencil pusher like Novitzky train like that.

Back