Media Coach Jason Parillo Won’t Tell BJ Penn, Tito Ortiz or Any of His Fighters to Stop Fighting

Well, he could at least tell "Schmo" to stop the lame ass gimmick. (or just punch him in the face, I'd take either one)

Well, he could at least tell "Schmo" to stop the lame ass gimmick. (or just punch him in the face, I'd take either one)

What is his schtick?? He’s a... “Schmo”...??

He’s kinda a cringey tool...

Wasn't he the one that told the ref to stop the match in Penn vs GSP II?

Must be a beneficiary in their Cadillac UFClife insurance policy.

They are big boys. Why would he tell em to stop fighting?

If you tell em you won't train em anymore for fear or safety concerns then they will just go to someone who will. This can be heart breaking for a long time trainer.. Long time trainers are more prone to throw in the towel for their fighters. Stop the fights. Call the doctors over and know exactly what each fighter can withstand as far as sheer punishment goes. A noob trainer does not know these things about their new clients. It is a dangerous game for a stubburn fighter who refuses to retire but it is in the end ultimately their choice. As a trainer you have to respect this. Bj lost a bunch but he still has fire in him. Tito does to. If he does not train them, someone else will, If they get hurt in there badly then it will have a very negative impact on the original trainer. He will always be asking himself " Man, If i would have trained him we could have avoided that"

The fighters retire when they feel fit. Whether its monetary reasons, Pride or the sheer love for fighting. These guys will scrap either way. There is no better person in your corner then your long time coach in this scenario. Yeah it sucks sometimes seeing a old vet get dominated but it is the name of the game. At one point or another they all realize its time to stop. Until that time you can either train em or throw em to the dogs. It can be a tough choice I would imagine for everyone involved. .

The Schmo is taking over

Of course he won’t. He’s not gonna say no to money and big paydays off of the sweat and hard work of others.

Who is this Rafael Dos Anchos?

They are big boys. Why would he tell em to stop fighting?

If you tell em you won't train em anymore for fear or safety concerns then they will just go to someone who will. This can be heart breaking for a long time trainer.. Long time trainers are more prone to throw in the towel for their fighters. Stop the fights. Call the doctors over and know exactly what each fighter can withstand as far as sheer punishment goes. A noob trainer does not know these things about their new clients. It is a dangerous game for a stubburn fighter who refuses to retire but it is in the end ultimately their choice. As a trainer you have to respect this. Bj lost a bunch but he still has fire in him. Tito does to. If he does not train them, someone else will, If they get hurt in there badly then it will have a very negative impact on the original trainer. He will always be asking himself " Man, If i would have trained him we could have avoided that"

The fighters retire when they feel fit. Whether its monetary reasons, Pride or the sheer love for fighting. These guys will scrap either way. There is no better person in your corner then your long time coach in this scenario. Yeah it sucks sometimes seeing a old vet get dominated but it is the name of the game. At one point or another they all realize its time to stop. Until that time you can either train em or throw em to the dogs. It can be a tough choice I would imagine for everyone involved. .
This is about CTE and mental health. Sub-concussive hits cause CTE. BJ took 104 sig. strikes to the head in the last fight. He is 0-7-1 in his last 8 fights. He's 1-9-1 in his last 11 fights. Both are absolutely atrocious. How many strikes has he taken to the head in the last 8 fights? He's taken 440 in the last 5 fights. Probably 750-800 in the last 8 fights. And sparring in training between each fight he is certain to take blows to the head. That's a ridiculous amount of blows to the head, and that's on top of everything he took in the prior three fights. Or the 21 before those three. There are other signs that he's losing it, like a restraining order being filed against him for physical and sexual abuse. That's not just hurting him, that's hurting other innocent people too. Tito too was arrested for domestic violence and later arrested for a DUI. That also could have hurt someone innocent.

Symptoms of CTE include impaired cognitive reasoning, depression, emotional instability, impulsive action, and substance abuse. At this point, it is not only dangerous to him to let him continue to fight, it's dangerous to those around him. So what if he leaves? If he does something stupid, hurts someone innocent, why would you want that kind of blood on your hands? Maybe he finds another gym, but maybe he actually realizes that you're serious and rethinks his decisions. These are trained killers. They have mastered 100 different techniques to hurt a man, are in exceptional physical condition, and they come into your office every day to have their critical thinking skills weakened further and further. I believe to enable them, at this point, is unconscionable.

I just can't bring mhself to click on the vid. I don't know if I can stand to listen to that schmo right now.

I swear The Schmo is just Rory MacDonald in glasses and wearing a couple facial prosthetics. These guys could be brothers.

Well, it all depends if he gives a fuck about his students or not.
At some point, some of them (like BJ Penn) should receive "the talk".

Back