Coach Edmund Ruins Another Great Fighter

Called it prior to this fight... he’s clearly lowering his ceiling at GFC. Track record speaks for itself... capable fighters like Browne and Ellenberger go there and their skill set actually gets worse.

I get that he grew up there and all but it is what it is.
KFC?
This no travel thing is making me crazy.

On a side note:
I will pay upfront to have some cheap arbys sandwiches shipped to me. I would order sides but they wont make the trip as well. I suppose Miami residents would be primeiro candidates as it's only a 12h flight. Or so.

Jesus Christ, GFC gets no credit for Edmen's 11 straight wins but gets all the blame for his first and only defeat?
Sure he gets credit, and whilst he should get more credit for the UFC wins than those on the regional circuits he should also take the blame for talking like Edmen was a generational talent and was on his way to being the youngest champ in the UFC when he clearly wasn't prepared for this level of competition. When you're out of gas come the second round surely the fighter and his team deserve criticism. You could also criticize the game plan as it was pretty evident that Edmen didn't really have a plan B. Equally you could criticize his team for not throwing in the towel come the end of the 2nd round, it was clear as day he was done.

What irked me about Edmond here is that he let him go out there in the third. He was basically KO'd right there. He is still young and has high potential. But they have to be smart in their approach.

Letting him take uneccessary punishment in a fight he has clearly lost is not the way to go.

Great job by Herb Dean stepping in early in the third seeing that it was just going to be brutal again. Don't know wtf that doctor was doing there though.

Going out on your shield might get you the respect of knuckleheads and in some fights you certainly need to hang in there when it gets rough but if you want to have a long career "Live to fight another day" should be the preferred mantra, at least when it's that obvious.

Herb saved him from some extra brain damage and deserves huge respect here.

Natural talent can only take you so far. We've seen that Edmond can't push past someone's natural talent. They might think it's his coaching, but it's something that's always been there for them long before Edmond tried to convince them otherwise.

When the dude in the promo said that his idol is Ronda Rousey i knew he wouldn't make it far...

tenor.gif
It's sickening that Rousey didn't get a point deducted for that fence grab.

Sure he gets credit, and whilst he should get more credit for the UFC wins than those on the regional circuits he should also take the blame for talking like Edmen was a generational talent and was on his way to being the youngest champ in the UFC when he clearly wasn't prepared for this level of competition. When you're out of gas come the second round surely the fighter and his team deserve criticism. You could also criticize the game plan as it was pretty evident that Edmen didn't really have a plan B. Equally you could criticize his team for not throwing in the towel come the end of the 2nd round, it was clear as day he was done.
Notice how you devoted one line of text passively giving coach Edmund credit, while spending over 4 lines of text going into detail about how Edmund should be criticized for his fighter losing. Everyone knows that coach Edmund has become a meme at this point.

Notice how you devoted one line of text passively giving Edmund credit, while spending over 4 lines of text going into detail about how Edmund should be criticized for his fighter losing.
Considering his most recent fight was a loss yes I'd tend to imagine that takes most of the focus, be a bit weird now to be like let's really delve into his previous win. It also takes more of the focus because there were several areas of Edmen's game that were exposed in this fight, flaws which weren't evident in his previous fights.

Same thing happened to Ronda.KO'ed Alexis Davis,TKO'd McMann,KO'ed Bethe and people were like damn, Edmond is the best coach in the world.Then she loses one and everyone turned on him looooool

Same thing happened to Ronda.KO'ed Alexis Davis,TKO'd McMann,KO'ed Bethe and people were like damn, Edmond is the best coach in the world.Then she loses one and everyone turned on him looooool
Works both ways. Look at Browne and Ellenberger, they got worse and regressed when they went to Edmond.

Considering his most recent fight was a loss yes I'd tend to imagine that takes most of the focus, be a bit weird now to be like let's really delve into his previous win. It also takes more of the focus because there were several areas of Edmen's game that were exposed in this fight, flaws which weren't evident in his previous fights.
And when Shahbazyan smoked Tavares, was most of your focus on giving coach Edmund credit for producing a skilled fighter that was only 21 at the time, or rehashing 3-year-old memes of Edmund screaming "head movement"?

Brunson is 36 and has taken damage like a mofo.

There is absolutely no excuse for Edmen to lose the fight. Embarrassing performance by the kid. If he gasses out like that I doubt he has much chance as a top guy - he's done it before and learnt nothing.
He has looked great before imo but every one of those fights were short.

And when Shahbazyan smoked Tavares, was most of your focus on giving coach Edmund credit for producing a skilled fighter that was only 21 at the time, or rehashing 3-year-old memes of Edmund screaming "head movement"?
No at the time I said it was impressive, and was eager to see how'd he fare in a jump up in competition. Clearly said jump was too far as Edmen was exposed in this fight as having no back up plan and serious cardio issues. I still find the memes of Edmund screaming head movement whilst Ronda crashes to the round ground funny though.

I thought Brunson ruined Shahbazyan...

Also, the guy is still young and he looked fine until tiring. That’s something that can easily be remedied, and it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he bounces back and lives up to the expectations that many have for him...

And by the looks of it he just reached his ceiling with his current team. He'd gassed badly come the second round. Think he and his team believed the hype of him becoming the youngest UFC champ a little too much. Look at other established guys who have gone to train with Edmund like Brown or Ellenberger, they clearly got worse not better. Guy's still got a lot of potential and at 22 a lot of time to figure out his cardio problems and rework his game plan but he needs to do that at an elite level MMA camp.
He was 11-0 with that camp and you said it yourself he just gassed. Cardio has nothing to do with who does your striking training. It sounds like he just needs better conditioning. Did he not win the first round?

He was 11-0 with that camp and you said it yourself he just gassed. Cardio has nothing to do with who does your striking training. It sounds like he just needs better conditioning. Did he not win the first round?
It wasn't just his cardio, he didn't have an answer to the takedowns other than some attempted elbows and clearly didn't have a game plan for dealing with the fight should it go beyond a round. As for the first he won it but not by a significant margin. I'd absolute argue it's his team's responsibility to prepare him for a fight to go beyond a round. I mean we've seen plenty of guys gas in fights but damn that was early.

Has he ever KO’d anyone with his hands? He looked almost pillow fisted against glass chin Brunson

It's an offensive camp where his fighters are usually very aggressive or try to be technical, no happy medium, and all lack defense.

Back