Coach Edmund Ruins Another Great Fighter

Called it prior to this fight... he’s clearly lowering his ceiling at GFC. Track record speaks for itself... capable fighters like Browne and Ellenberger go there and their skill set actually gets worse.

I get that he grew up there and all but it is what it is.

When the dude in the promo said that his idol is Ronda Rousey i knew he wouldn't make it far...

tenor.gif

This is one of the dumbest things I’ve read on here. He has been trained by the same team since he was a kid. Him and his brother.
And by the looks of it he just reached his ceiling with his current team. He'd gassed badly come the second round. Think he and his team believed the hype of him becoming the youngest UFC champ a little too much. Look at other established guys who have gone to train with Edmund like Browne or Ellenberger, they clearly got worse not better. Guy's still got a lot of potential and at 22 a lot of time to figure out his cardio problems and rework his game plan but he needs to do that at an elite level MMA camp.

Last edited:
who's dumb enough to choose this guy as a head coach?

his fighter cant even fight 2 rounds? wtf? almost as bad as Kavanaugh

Yeah lets all blame Edmund to hide the fact that most of ya'll were riding this prospect's nuts. Now that the fight didn't go your way all of sudden its the coach fault? Why didn't you call this before the damn fight?

Sounds like excuses to me. Your boy got exposed and now your looking for something to blame. Weak and predictable.

At that point he was already gassed as hell. Don't put this loss on the eye poke. He was gassed and got taken down and had no answer. You should be able to defend better on the ground even without eyes.
Didn’t look like he was gassing before the eye poke.

He was probaly concussed and rocked getting taken down.

I'm still have high hopes for Shahbazyan. Brunson is a good MW and fought about as well as I've ever seen him fight. Couple that with Shahbazyan putting way too much into trying to finish Derek early...leading to fatigue and the eye poke clearly effecting him, getting caught and beatdown.

The real thing I didn't like is Edmong's pride not stopping the fight between rounds.

Didn’t look like he was gassing before the eye poke.

He was probaly concussed and rocked getting taken down.

Listen to him breath. He was breathing HEAVY and was already fading. Like said he did good in the first but this was the first time somebody took him to the deep waters and he was not able to swim.

Back