Coach Cal's Words on TJ

Arrrrgh

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
"Although, not right, and inexcusable, TJ succumbed to the relentless pressure to win at any cost for the purposes of appeasing his employers, pleasing his fan base, and providing for his family; a sentiment that we all can relate to."

Do you think this a fair assessment of the situation?

To me, he starts out really strongly with his statement and then undid it all with that last sentence. He says it is inexcusable then proceeds to make excuses for TJ.

How is it "a sentiment that we all can relate to?" It's not. I am thinking about all of the opponents he cheated and legacies he ruined. Where is Moraes today if TJ didn't cheat?

TJ stole 2 title shots from willing participants and held up a division for a year. He put himself first, as he's always said he does, and cheated to take money other fighters should have earned from their hard work. So no, I don't share the sentiment of hurting others to appease his boss, appease the fans and provide for his family. He could have done all those things without cheating other people who deserved the rewards he received.

I was just disappointed to see such otherwise thoughtful comments undone by proximity bias and sympathy for the cheater.

The guy earned his moniker. Snake.

No, we all can’t relate to succumbing to break the rules for the benefit of sherdoggers...

Makes tj sound weak as fuck

"Although, not right, and inexcusable, TJ succumbed to the relentless pressure to win at any cost for the purposes of appeasing his employers, pleasing his fan base, and providing for his family; a sentiment that we all can relate to."

Do you think this a fair assessment of the situation?

To me, he starts out really strongly with his statement and then undid it all with that last sentence. He says it is inexcusable then proceeds to make excuses for TJ.

How is it "a sentiment that we all can relate to?" It's not. I am thinking about all of the opponents he cheated and legacies he ruined. Where is Moraes today if TJ didn't cheat?

TJ stole 2 title shots from willing participants and held up a division for a year. He put himself first, as he's always said he does, and cheated to take money other fighters should have earned from their hard work. So no, I don't share the sentiment of hurting others to appease his boss, appease the fans and provide for his family. He could have done all those things without cheating other people who deserved the rewards he received.

I was just disappointed to see such otherwise thoughtful comments undone by proximity bias and sympathy for the cheater.

The guy earned his moniker. Snake.

I agree. Call a spade a spade, and stop justifying people’s wrongdoing.

I love all the coaches responses...

"This is so surprising, we train with him daily, for years but yet had no idea!"

<LikeReally5><{hughesimpress}><LikeReally5>

I love all the coaches responses...

"This is so surprising, we train with him daily, for years but yet had no idea!"

<LikeReally5><{hughesimpress}><LikeReally5>

Question is, what else was he on. Because sure as hell EPO is not the only thing.

At least he gave up the belt without a fight. I’m not admirable thing about this cheating ass turd.

He will be 35 when the ban expires. All is forgiven since his career is over as that is very old in the smaller weight classes.

Yeah, classic doublespeak. No, not everyone can relate to that sentiment. Them saying things like that will just make people pile on Dillashaw even more.

The Majority of them are on something. Give TJ a break.
Majority of them aren’t failing tests, so no majority of them are not.

Everyone is fine with drug testing until “their guy” gets caught. Then it’s all “well everyone else does it”.
Fuck that noise, no they do not.

Question is, what else was he on. Because sure as hell EPO is not the only thing.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if EPO caused the gyno and other changes in his physique.

Back