Coach Andre Pederneiras details Jose Aldo's 155-pound title plans, says UFC was on board

How did Conor not earn his title shot? He beat Eddie fair and square.
He was obviously better than Eddie, so he should have been ranked higher than Eddie.

Rankings are supposed to rank the fighters in order of how good they are among the others in the rankings.

If Conor lost, I would see your point. But he won.

LOL is this a serious post?

What you are describing is the very definition of MMAth.

Rankings are not about proving you can win a title fight against the one guy who is currently holding the strap. They're about establishing that you are a worthy challenger (and eventually champion) via building a streak/showing consistency against a variety of top opponents.

Gastelum can very realistically beat Bisping if given the shot. Would that prove that he deserved it?

Same with Masvidal; just because Woodley is a very winnable fight for him doesn't mean that he deserves to jump the line and be champ.

Aldo would get wrecked by Khabib or Tony. He's going to have to wait for Conor to lose the LW belt before he has a chance of re-matching him.

Last edited:
People have been bitching about it for a year. Now they support it.

Did you read the article?

Conor got the shot after going 1-1 with a 19-10 LW.

Aldo and Pederneiras both think that jumping the line is bullshit, which is why they are asking for either one of the two top LW contenders. They would only take a straight line for the belt if both Khabib and Ferg refuse or are injured. Also, unlike McGregor, Aldo would go back down to 145 if he lost the qualifier.

Big fucking difference between that and what the fans were complaining about.

Aldo chasing another quick fist to the face
Not in a rematch with McGregor, and especially not with Khabib unless he gets Aldo to the ground...but Aldo has some of the best TDD in mma today. Khabib vs Aldo would be very interesting.

Aldo without even getting 2 belts was already the #1 P4P
Conor is #2 despite having 2 belts.
He won the FW title and then tapped out on his next fight against a Journeyman.
There are 2 guys on the LW roster who have choked Conor out and One of them in less than a minute.

Don't talk about "deserving"
You realize the P4P list is totally subjective and meaningless, right?

I agree that Conor fighting Nate was nonsense. He only took the fight because RDA dropped out. It is irrelevant to this discussion.

The point is, Conor beat Aldo and Alvarez.
Aldo got KOed, by Conor.

Even if Conor deserves to be stripped, why should it be gifted to Aldo?

Makes zero sense. It should be vacated.

If anyone deserves special treatment, its the greatest FW of all time and a top 5 greatest fighter ever

He has gotten special treatment, he was gifted a title he lost.

I understand that people are upset that Conor gets special treatment...
so how is the solution, give special treatment to Aldo?

I thought the issue is that people shouldn't get special treatment.

ok but he has to beat the 1st contender or Conor won't get enough credit after destroying him again cuz ppl will say he's out of his prime

Lmao he said he's gonna fight the #1 contender first, then go after Conor. Unlike Conor, he'd have beaten the #1 contender to face the champ. Conor didn't even have to fight a top 5 LW to face Eddie.

And please don't try and lie and say Nate was a top 5 LW. He might have been ranked 6th or something, but a win over MJ doesn't get you near the top 5, especially with Nates losing record at the weight.

Khabib just became the greatest fighter in the galaxy by beating MJ.

LOL is this a serious post?

What you are describing is the very definition of MMAth.

Rankings are not about proving you can win a title fight against the one guy who is currently holding the strap. They're about establishing that you are a worthy challenger (and eventually champion) via building a streak/showing consistency against a variety of top opponents.

Gastelum can very realistically beat Bisping if given the shot. Would that prove that he deserved it?

Same with Masvidal; just because Woodley is a very winnable fight for him doesn't mean that he deserves to jump the line and be champ.

I disagree, and obviously so does the UFC brass.

Alvarez picked Conor, if you remember.

Bisping picked Hendo.

Why should Aldo be gifted a belt?

Khabib just became the greatest fighter in the galaxy by beating MJ.

If you're sarcastically insinuating that Khabib isn't #1, then so? He's easily #2 or #3 in the division, which is definitely a title worthy fight if Aldo were to beat him. Any man that's 24-0 in MMA is clearly a top 5 fighter, and that's including a ton of fights in the UFC.

You Conor cock blowers make me laugh.

Conor goes 1-1 against Nate freaking Diaz and you guys justify a LW title fight for him, but if Aldo were to beat Kahbib, you make the dumbest sarcastic comments, like beating Khabib is a cake walk, and proves nothing. Lmao the fakest MMA fan base in all of sports. Don't even know who Allan Goes is, I bet.

lets see the jose vs. conor rematch right now. jose wants to move up to 155 to take it so no excuses lets go.

You realize the P4P list is totally subjective and meaningless, right?

I agree that Conor fighting Nate was nonsense. He only took the fight because RDA dropped out. It is irrelevant to this discussion.

The point is, Conor beat Aldo and Alvarez.
Aldo got KOed, by Conor.

Even if Conor deserves to be stripped, why should it be gifted to Aldo?

Makes zero sense. It should be vacated.
Because he did Conors job which was taking on the #1 contender on Frankie Edgar and won the interim belt. Conor refuse to unify the belt and got stripped.

Lmfao still trying to peddle that nonsense? I'm surprised there's anyone dumb enough to buy it. You must be one gullible son of a bitch.

Lol at how butthurt you are that Aldo went completely against his word the fraud

Back