Coach Andre Pederneiras details Jose Aldo's 155-pound title plans, says UFC was on board

“When Sean Shelby told me the fight wasn’t happening on Feb. 11, I said, ‘Sean, we’re now in a complicated situation. Our plans for this year would be this fight, challenging the No. 1 (lightweight) challenger, which would be Khabib – we want to get the toughest guy in the division, who everyone, say, runs from – and then, after that, Conor, who’s pregnant and will only fight after that.”

{<jordan}

Doesn't this mean Aldo isn't a real champ if he doesn't ever defend the belt he got?

Kinda hard to defend when the interim title-holder/#1 contender wants to take a vacation and is refusing to fight on the day he himself challenged Aldo to.

How did Conor not earn his title shot? He beat Eddie fair and square.
He was obviously better than Eddie, so he should have been ranked higher than Eddie.

Rankings are supposed to rank the fighters in order of how good they are among the others in the rankings.

If Conor lost, I would see your point. But he won.
Aldo doesn't deserve any special treatment.

I don't think Aldo deserves a rematch with Conor, unless he works his way up the ladder, like how every fighter does, and he earns the shot, I have no problem with that.

He's gonna get KTFO out again so whatever.

Like how Conor worked up the ladder for a LW title shot?

Fuck off Conor gobbler

just give jose the title shot with conor now. i will buy it, so will everyone else.
don't be scared.
jose bless

He was obviously better than Eddie, so he should have been ranked higher than Eddie.

Rankings are supposed to rank the fighters in order of how good they are among the others in the rankings.

Aldo without even getting 2 belts was already the #1 P4P
Conor is #2 despite having 2 belts.
He won the FW title and then tapped out on his next fight against a Journeyman.
There are 2 guys on the LW roster who have choked Conor out and One of them in less than a minute.

Don't talk about "deserving"

Like how Conor worked up the ladder for a LW title shot?

Fuck off Conor gobbler

Dude Conor cleaned up FW division and became champion.

Jose Aldo ain't champion of $HIT. He's running around with a fake belt that means nothing!

If he wants the fight, he should earn his shot, like everybody else.

Lol, how people hate on Aldo is beyond me.

Dude is begging to get a fight with Khabib to win an Interim belt so he can hold a title in both divisions so Conor has no way to say he doesn't want to fight him.

Nobody on the roster is begging to fuckign fight Khabib other than him.

Dude Conor cleaned up FW division and became champion.

Jose Aldo ain't champion of $HIT. He's running around with a fake belt that means nothing!

If he wants the fight, he should earn his shot, like everybody else.

Cleaned up the division even though Edgar had won by KO the day before he won the belt. Get your gay ass outta here!

So strip Conor of the 145 lb belt and give it to Aldo and Aldo immediately moves to 155 too? Just give Conor his belt back until someone at 145 beats him.

If anyone deserves special treatment, its the greatest FW of all time and a top 5 greatest fighter ever

Also funny how not having enough time to train is not a valid reason for turning down a fight anymore and Max is "ducking" Aldo in their eyes.

*cough* UFC 196 *cough*
*cough* "Anytime, anywhere but I need more time to train" *cough*

10 days notice 1 week after getting off a medical no contact suspension is a little different than 8 weeks notice for a fight you called the date on yourself is it not?

He pretty much refused to acknowledge that he lost it from the get-go. First thing he said after he got knocked out was "that wasn't a fight". Ironically enough, he never acted like such a whiney bitch when he was a legitimate champion.

I wonder if he thinks his win over cub swanson is legit?

The offer they made to Aldo after RDA pulled out was on much worse conditions:

- He was recently out of medical suspension
- 2-week notice
- No training camp would be possible
- No belt
- At 155 lbs

The offer made to Holloway:

- No medical suspension to Holloway that we know of (alleged injury came up several days after the Pettis fight and after some backlash over his trip to Disneyland)
- 9-week notice (Dec 11, 2016 - Feb 11, 2017), but more time in reality since all the parties involved knew the date before the Holloway vs Pettis fight
- Belt on the line
- At his weight class

Aldo went public saying he was training hard in case RDA fell out. the opportunity arose and it turns out he was blowing smoke out his ass. that's why ppl keep bringing up his "tough" talk

I thought Dede was stepping down as coach? Whatever happened with that?

Back