Co-worker

That's why whenever I go to the doctor I lie and complain about heart problems. Just so they can do enough tests to say I'm okay. They ain't finding anything on me too late. I'm a fake hypochondriac. I dont think I'm sick, but I'd like to know if I am once in a while.

Sorry about your coworker. I hope the next one breathes better.

Go for a check up every 6 months

But people never listen

We cleaned out his locker at work today and gave everything to his family.

Just 2 weeks ago, he was acting 100% normal, full of energy, and ready to start work like nothing was wrong.

sorry to hear that brutal stuff. F Cancer. My aunt is currently dying from stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. Basically disintegrating in front of our family.

My Mum died from pancreatic cancer in 2017 at 59, its the worst.

My own mom passed away from cancer. Seeing her lose weight, and getting more frail and pushing her around in a wheelchair pushed me to my emotional limits. It broke me and it's something I will never recover from.
Sorry for your loss. That's my biggest dread about the future. It's like it's our way of paying back our debt for all the happy moments we got over the years

The day it happened, I was in a daze. I was driving home going 25 MPH in the freeway. I got pulled over and the cop gave me a pass after telling him what just happened while trying to hold back my tears. I got home, sat on the step outside my house and stayed there until midnight, which felt like a blink of an eye.

There was this guy on the news who was fit, muscled, played soccer & basketball, not really old, collapsed from heart attack on the court and survived thanks to CPR from bystanders.

Jeez. It almost sounds like he died that quickly because of the surgery. I always thought if I got cancer I would just let it take over me instead of trying to fight it.

My uncle died of cancer. after years of treatment and surgery, he was fine at one point because they thought he was in remission but it came back with a vengeance. He suddenly collapsed one day and they found that it spread to his brain and paralyzed one side of body. He could barely talk since half of his face couldn't move. I will never forget when I was visiting him and it was just me and him, he tried to ask me to grab something behind me for him but I couldn't understand what he was saying. I searched behind me to try to figure out what it was and he eventually just gave up and muttered what sounded like, "nevermind.." And I saw a tear roll from his eye. I felt so bad.
He died the next week.

My co-worker was having issues with his breathing, so he went to go see a doctor. They diagnosed him with pneumonia. During testing, they found a lump in his heart. Turned out to be cancer. They put him in a medically induced coma and he had tubes in him. Every time they take the tubes out, he would flatline.

Over a period of a few days, he was getting better. They removed the tubes. He was finally able to talk, but barely. 3 days ago, he managed to get up on his own, walked to his mother and give her one last hug. He passed away yesterday.

He was a healthy guy. Didn't drink or smoke. He exercised and had a very healthy diet. The whole ordeal lasted a week and a half, from when he went to go see a doctor for his breathing problems to his passing.

I'm no expert, but that sounds like poisoning to me.

The day it happened, I was in a daze. I was driving home going 25 MPH in the freeway. I got pulled over and the cop gave me a pass after telling him what just happened while trying to hold back my tears. I got home, sat on the step outside my house and stayed there until midnight, which felt like a blink of an eye.

Crazy man. I hope I’m time you just take it as a teaching moment to live life to the fullest.

Not to make it about me, but I had a heart problem at 25. Shit killed me psychologically. I’m in my 30s now, but still have terrible death anxiety due to the heart issue, and I mean crippling death anxiety. I’ve only recently started to come back from it. Remember him for who he is/was, not for his death. The alternative way lies madness.

When I saw this thread last night I looked up heart cancer because I’d never heard of someone getting cancer of the heart. I guess it’s super rare because heart cells don’t divide like other cells in the body.

I think every ailment I have is some kind of death sentence or something bad. Stomach pain? Stomach cancer. Kidney pain? Kidneys are failing. Oh yes, I do hate these thoughts.
I'm a hypochondriac too. Cancer in particular scares me and even though I know my anxiety and stress don't help me I still fret.

Last edited:
boy do i regret clicking on this thread.

Ignorance is bliss.

sorry to hear that brutal stuff. F Cancer. My aunt is currently dying from stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. Basically disintegrating in front of our family.
Two of my mom's siblings had pancreatic Cancer. It's basically the worst cancer you can get because your pancreas is such a small but all important organ. One of her siblings died from the same deterioration you are describing. The other somehow survived it (although lost a lot of weight in the process), then got metastasized cancer at multiple sites a year later and somehow beat that too. Incredible.

My co-worker was having issues with his breathing, so he went to go see a doctor. They diagnosed him with pneumonia. During testing, they found a lump in his heart. Turned out to be cancer. They put him in a medically induced coma and he had tubes in him. Every time they take the tubes out, he would flatline.

Over a period of a few days, he was getting better. They removed the tubes. He was finally able to talk, but barely. 3 days ago, he managed to get up on his own, walked to his mother and give her one last hug. He passed away yesterday.

He was a healthy guy. Didn't drink or smoke. He exercised and had a very healthy diet. The whole ordeal lasted a week and a half, from when he went to go see a doctor for his breathing problems to his passing.
Wow he sounds like me in his healthy part. The part where you don't drink nor smoke nor take drugs ever in your life , plus, going to the gym regularly to keep fit.
Sucks to hear that. Life is temporary, it comes and goes.

Back