CO + Main Scorecards

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Look at those numbers for Kelvin vs Israel.

No surprise about the 10-8 round.

israel-adesanya-kelvin-gastelum-ufc-236-scorecard.jpg

dustin-poirier-max-holloway-ufc-236-scorecard.jpg

Rarely do you see all judges agreeing with each other.

I just don't see how you can score 3 & 4 for Poirier.

I mean I can see scoring the 2nd for Dustin though Max did win the first 4 minutes of the round, and he won round 1 I don't know man. Except for the first I can only see scoring the 5th and maybe the second for Dustin, imo that fight was 48-47 either way.

I mean I can see scoring the 2nd for Dustin though Max did win the first 4 minutes of the round, and he won round 1 I don't know man. Except for the first I can only see scoring the 5th and maybe the second for Dustin, imo that fight was 48-47 either way.

I had it 2-2 going to the 5th but could have seen it 3-1 for some.

No 10-8 first round for Poirier is ridiculous.

I had it 2-2 going to the 5th but could have seen it 3-1 for some.
See I thought Max won the 2nd, he dominated for 4 minutes then gets rocked in the final minute I still give that round to him, but I can understand the case for Poirier for R2. I scored it R1: DP R2: MH R3: MH R4: MH R5: DP 48-47 Max, I can understand 48-47 Dustin or even a draw because because you could call round 2 even with Max winning 4 minutes & Dustin having 1 big minute. But I can't see 4 rounds to 1 for Poirier, no way.

No 10-8 first round for Poirier is ridiculous.
It wasn't a 10-8 though. No drops, no take downs, both guys landed sufficiently enough sure, max ate bigger shots and was rocked, but porier got rocked and it wasn't one sided.

See I thought Max won the 2nd, he dominated for 4 minutes then gets rocked in the final minute I still give that round to him, but I can understand the case for Poirier for R2. I scored it R1: DP R2: MH R3: MH R4: MH R5: DP 48-47 Max, I can understand 48-47 Dustin or even a draw because because you could call round 2 even with Max winning 4 minutes & Dustin having 1 big minute. But I can't see 4 rounds to 1 for Poirier, no way.
I agree, 49-46 is an outright bad, poorly calculated score.

Felt like Max was in imminent danger from the opening bell..but he had his moments...people who see DP winning 4 rounds are blinded by the power discrepancies..

I think it's safe to say that both fights were a bit closer than the cards spoke.

I thought Dustin won that fight quite easily. Max did his usually volume thing but in every round bar the 3rd the best and most damaging strikes were thrown by Poirier.

Man I don't know, watching the main event again Poirier has a huge power advantage but he did all his real bad damage in the first, and the very end of the second. I think the big power discrepancy is blinding everybody here, I really think Max won rounds 2,3 & 4 and won this fight 48-47. I can still see the case for 48-47 the other way, because it's not inconceivable Dustin didn't steal round 2. But Max dominating the first 4 minutes of that round in the face of that big power is more impressive to me then Dustin stunning Max with 60 seconds left. This 49-46 business rubs me the wrong way I think lol. Think maybe Khabib has it right scoring it a draw, making round 2 even.

Back