CNN - Trump could learn a thing or two from Star Wars

(CNN)Fifty years after "Star Trek" launched a multiracial and multicultural crew into outer space, the "Star Wars" franchise has finally joined the diversity universe. "Rogue One," the latest film set in a galaxy far, far away, boasts a wildly varied cast of human actors -- Asian, Hispanic, African-American, Pakistani.

Hasn't this always been the case?

Also, one of those is a nationality, not even an ethnicity. Stop linking to CNN also. They are a proven clickbait fakenews site.

We could all learn something from the Star Wars franchise (the original movies) particularly from Yoda; Yoda was the master.

Trump: Hm that's true I could actually learn a thing from star wars
CNN, next day: TRUMP WANTS TO BUILD DEATH STAR

Someone with talent needs to shoop President Elect Trump onto Vader's face in a gif of his last scene in Rogue One.

o-DONALD-TRUMP-DARTH-VADER-facebook.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

We could all learn something from the Star Wars franchise (the original movies) particularly from Yoda; Yoda was the master.
The left don't like the term "master".

If the movie truly was diverse, prominent Imperial would have been represented by minorities as well. But of course the rebel good guys are multi-cultural and the evil Empire are all pretty much all white guys.

I think someone from Lucusfilm has already stated that the Empire is a White Supremist organisation. This is factually correct, since Palpatine's rise to power was heavily based on Hitler; both started as politicians, were granted emergency powers and became dictators. Order 66 is the Star Wars equivalent of the Night of the Long Knives. Vader's iconic helmet is based on the German Stahlhelm and the Stormtroopers took their name from both the German Army unit of WWI and the Nazi Party's Sturmabteilung.
This.

If nothing else, that's a key subtext in "Rogue One," in which the character's differences are not only put aside, they're barely mentioned.

So... these characters are... colour-blind? But I thought that was a micro-aggression...?

Not surprising that CNN wants people to use fiction as a guideline for reality, considering that fiction is what CNN produces.

The left could learn from Star Wars. Sand people are the enemy.

121ff84abe3fce20172340c4d33c2ce5.jpg

anakin_sandPeople.gif

A diverse group of people really can work together to produce a better society. If nothing else, that's a key subtext in "Rogue One," in which the character's differences are not only put aside, they're barely mentioned.

Pretty lame subtext theme if true. Conveying mundane political concepts through art is the very definition of degradation.

Is it just me or does every time an article mentions how diverse a movie is, and that it's "awesome", it ruins the movie.

Just once I'd like to watch a movie and not notice how many trans/ women of colour/ differently abled/ Muslim characters there are.

Back