International CNN: Greenland Gaining ice might not be a good thing? Climate Science or perpetual Scaremongering?

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
How are people still confused on that the flux and positional shift IS the problem. The heat in itself and the cold in itself is not. ffs.... f.....f.....s

Yeah, that's not good news. The North Atlantic Oscillation was expected, it's like the northern counterpart to El Nino.

How are people still confused on that the flux and positional shift IS the problem. The heat in itself and the cold in itself is not. ffs.... f.....f.....s

Is Greenland not part of the globe? I thought it was Global Warming?

Is any temperature change anywhere proof of your religion? Because the climate has been in flux since before human existence.

Yeah, that's not good news. The North Atlantic Oscillation was expected, it's like the northern counterpart to El Nino.
Ah, you deleted my response for a meme. I see memes posted in other threads constantly that are not removed, seems bias, oh well.

All I did was point out that you are no climate scientist and posted the meme showing how climate science and the stories pushed by the MSM continually change.

It's a shame we can never discuss these things in reality.

I mean, you go ahead and claim:
"The North Atlantic Oscillation was expected, it's like the northern counterpart to El Nino."

While even CNN reported from the scientists themselves:
"At first we didn't believe it," said Ala Khazendar, the lead NASA scientist on the study. "We had pretty much assumed that Jakobshavn would just keep going on as it had over the last 20 years."

I really enjoy many of your posts as they can be quite informative, but on this one you come off as a total hack, deleting my post aside.

Is any temperature change anywhere proof of your religion? Because the climate has been in flux since before human existence.
I was under the impression it was only Global Warming until the natural flux threw a crux in that, then it became climate change

Ah, you deleted my response for a meme. I see memes posted in other threads constantly that are not removed, seems bias, oh well.

All I did was point out that you are no climate scientist and posted the meme showing how climate science and the stories pushed by the MSM continually change.

"The North Atlantic Oscillation was expected, it's like the northern counterpart to El Nino."

"At first we didn't believe it," said Ala Khazendar, the lead NASA scientist on the study. "We had pretty much assumed that Jakobshavn would just keep going on as it had over the last 20 years."

I really enjoy many of your posts as they can be quite informative, but on this one you come off as a total hack, deleting my post aside.
"We had pretty much assumed" should be NASA's motto

do you know how trends work or no?

How can we solve this problem? Oh right, give the democrats more power and authority over the citizens. Turns out that's the solution to every single problem.

If I see memes I put them in the meme thread.

I'd read the report. Seems like that's something "climate skeptics" never do.
I also follow the scientific dialogue on the scientist's blogs. I even actually read the IPCC reports.
I've also read other reports on the melting Jakobshavn, from some time ago, suggesting the same sort of variation.
There aren't any particularly detailed predictions of when there'll be a strong negative or positive NAO, but they are expected. That doesn't change the overall picture of climate change.

These are always fun.

We get the posters who say it's a step towards communism stopping climate change

The guys who say it's always changed

The people who somehow think climate scientists are all in on a wonky conspiracy

That one poster that misinterprets data much like TCK and comes to his own unique conclusion that coincidentally isn't held by anyone credible.

To top it all off hardly any actually have read about any of the science.

I was under the impression it was only Global Warming until the natural flux threw a crux in that, then it became climate change

"Global warming" is still correct, but people (like TS) are confused by the term--since, even though as a the "globe" as a whole was getting warmer, not all areas were (like the glacier in question). "Climate change" is a more fitting term because even if you're in an area which is cooling, or staying the same--the affect of the rest of the globe warming will change your climate.

So, the part of the ocean that glacier resides has gotten a couple degrees cooler in the past few years. That's just one little spot on the planet. And just a couple measly years.

Temperatures fluctuate up and down every few years, but the trend is going up. The down years are still lower than the up years, but they are warmer than previous down years and the up years are warmer than previous up years.

GlobalAverage_2018.png

Last edited:
I don't think you understand how science works.... unlike religion, it changes its stance as new data comes in.

"Global warming" is still correct, but people were confused by the term--since, even though as a the "globe" as a whole was getting warmer, not all areas were. "Climate change" is a more fitting term because even if you're in an area which is cooling, or staying the same--the affect of the rest of the globe warming will change your climate.
lol thats how science works??? mental gymnastics?

observable
testable
repeatable

thats how science works, scientism on the otherhand is very much like a religion

lol thats how science works??? mental gymnastics?

observable
testable
repeatable

thats how science works, scientism on the otherhand is very much like a religion

LOL What are scientists supposed to do when new data is discovered and confirmed?

just forward the memes to him from people you don't like and he'll remove them.
<Y2JSmirk>

Back