Economy CNBC: China to halve retaliatory tariffs on hundreds of US goods worth about $75 billion

<SelenaWow>

That’s better, thanks.
I merely suggested that the trade war could have been quicker with the combined forces of the US and its allies instead of the US going at it alone. You go into full defense mode as usual. Jesus man, you really are a cultist.

I merely suggested that the trade war could have been quicker with the combined forces of the US and its allies instead of the US going at it alone. You go into full defense mode as usual. Jesus man, you really are a cultist.

This is false.

As I stated, this is a long term battle. Chine is not planning on the 5 year scale. They’re fighting a 50 year war.

You are naive to believe it can be addressed short term, and furthermore this has little to do with trump. As I previously stated, Schumer has trumps back in this. The United States has collectively decided to fight back against China. Hunker down, and grab a snickers, We’re gonna be here a while.

It does seem like kind of an odd aspect to focus on though. Trump is negotiating on behalf of the US, not NAFTA. Plus, if the US gets their allies involved, China can get Russia involved and then we've got an even bigger mess.

This is false.

As I stated, this is a long term battle. Chine is not planning on the 5 year scale. They’re fighting a 50 year war.

You are naive to believe it can be addressed short term, and furthermore this has little to do with trump. As I previously stated, Schumer has trumps back in this. The United States has collectively decided to fight back against China. Hunker down, and grab a snickers, We’re gonna be here a while.

I honestly don't know if this is true either. China's pace of exports is based on them sacrificing a lot of their natural resources, including man power. Those resources have been strained for the past 20 years of production and now they're being pushed even further.

She canna' take much more'a this, cap'n! She's goin' ta blow!

Hurting people's feelings.

"Any discussion with you requires a complete re-education and rewiring of your brain. It's just not worth it.

You have a knack for having absolutely horrible takes about literally anything."

-Rational Poster

Also, I don't constantly have a yellow card, I've been carded 3 or 4 times in nearly 7 years.
What did they all happen this year? Because you've been wearing piss yellow on and off for a while

What did they all happen this year? Because you've been wearing piss yellow on and off for a while

Nope.

I got carded July 2019 for racebaiting in a thread that was racebaiting.

And before that June 2018.

Also, got carded and banned during RR's downward spiral, but those were both reversed.

Never got double yellows and I'm still the #1 poster reported by you little boys.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know if this is true either. China's pace of exports is based on them sacrificing a lot of their natural resources, including man power. Those resources have been strained for the past 20 years of production and now they're being pushed even further.

She canna' take much more'a this, cap'n! She's goin' ta blow!

This isn’t even a debate. China’s hundred year plan is a known thing.

“Like President Xi, Colonel Liu estimates that it will take about a century for China to surpass America as the global superpower. He allots 30 years for China to match the U.S.’s gross domestic product, 30 years to match its military strength, and 30 years to equal its per capita gdp. Unlike Xi, Liu obviously considers this 100-year plan to have begun at some point after the 1949 Communist Revolution.

In fact, Colonel Liu is something of a latecomer to the idea of the Hundred-Year Marathon. Chinese author Zhao Tingyang published an essay in 2005 that is swiftly gaining mainstream acceptance in China.”

China is starting to realize we can blockade their entire export industry WITH EASE

Despite what weirdos here would make you think, they don't run jack and shit

Shut up stupid. How convenient for US markets this virus outbreak is, isn't it. I would love to see this happening in America instead...

WTF is wrong with you?

And ftr, coronvirus has a mortality rate of 2%, the common flu's is 5%.

• Retaliatory duties on some U.S. goods will be cut from 10% to 5%, and from 5% to 2.5% on others, according to a statement from China’s Ministry of Finance. The adjustments will take effect from 1:01 p.m on Feb. 14, it said, without specifying which time zone it was referring to.
  • The statement said the move was made in order to “advance the healthy and stable development of China-U.S. trade.”
  • China said that the next adjustment will depend on how Sino-U.S. trade ties evolve, adding it hopes to work with Washington to completely eliminate all tariff increases.
China on Thursday announced that it will halve tariffs on hundreds of U.S. goods worth about $75 billion.

After the cut, duties on U.S. crude will be reduced to 2.5%, from 5%, and the tariff on soybeans will be trimmed by 2.5%.

The statement on the Ministry of Finance website said the move was made in order to “advance the healthy and stable development of China-U.S. trade.”

“Who knows the exact motivations, I mean that’s quite plausible, that they’re under (economic) pressure. But I think the development is very welcome because you know, that language suggests that there is a bit of an olive branch here. And a bit of a desire to move forward beyond the phase one and possibly take on phase two,” said Kingsley Jones, chief investment officer at Jevons Global

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/06/china-to-halve-tariffs-on-hundreds-of-us-goods.html

China continues to lose this trade war.

PS, Why couldn’t Obama do any of this stuff?

Good for Trump. Re: Obama, I don't think starting a trade war during a major recession would be a good idea.

Morons like you and OP who feed on someone else misfortune. Worst scum ever.

How is anyone feeding on the misfortune of others? Are you "special"?

What I find interesting about the trade war is that for years economic orthodoxy has been saying that tariffs would only result in companies raising their prices to maintain the same profit margins they had before the tariffs. Yet since the trade war began corporate profits are down, wages are up, and inflation is low.

thank you for this post. I’m a huge supporter of tariffs and i don’t support the wealthy globalists “free trade”

the importers have a choice to either eat the tariffs cost into their profit, or they can pass it on to consumers. Which means consumers will buy something else. So they ate the cost

Shut up stupid. How convenient for US markets this virus outbreak is, isn't it. I would love to see this happening in America instead...

It wouldn't happen though, Murica is not a commi shithole that eats rats and bats.

Good for Trump. Re: Obama, I don't think starting a trade war during a major recession would be a good idea.

How about around his second term?

The last two years?

Anything?

Nope, Obama’s bend over and take it approach failed again.

Hurting people's feelings.

"Any discussion with you requires a complete re-education and rewiring of your brain. It's just not worth it.

You have a knack for having absolutely horrible takes about literally anything."

-Rational Poster

Also, I don't constantly have a yellow card, I've been carded 3 or 4 times in nearly 7 years.

It's been more than that.

Back