Economy CNBC: China to halve retaliatory tariffs on hundreds of US goods worth about $75 billion

Oops. I should have realized it was a joke, on account of how incredibly funny it was.

iu

Republicans have always been terrible at humor.

A separate article on the website noted the cut in tariffs was timed in conjunction with a U.S. decision in January to halve tariffs on Feb. 14 for $120 billion of Chinese goods — from 15% to 7.5%.

Seems a pretty important detail to leave out.

Tit for tat, is often how it goes.

That context is important, but make no mistake that this is a win for the US, especially with the reduction on Oil tariffs. The more oil they buy from US, the more sway we hold over them.

You're right, if only Trump was better at this, he could have solved this all on his 1st day.

What a slouch! Low Energy! Sad!

Why the hissyfit?

A combined front with allies would have given much more leverage against China and left China with fewer options.

He was supposed to give much better healthcare with coverage for everyone at a fraction of the cost on day 1. I´m sure he could have managed China as well.

Both sides reducing tariffs is part of the stage 1 agreement drafted last year, no?

I don´t know. I just thought it was a pretty important part of the article that the TS conveniently left out.

Why the hissyfit?

A combined front with allies would have given much more leverage against China and left China with fewer options.

He was supposed to give much better healthcare with coverage for everyone at a fraction of the cost on day 1. I´m sure he could have managed China as well.

0/10

Pulling the old "I'm not a Trump supporter I'll just defend him at literally every opportunity routine"

That's cute.

Ouch. You've nailed me. Clearly my next step will be to move to America, go through the umpteen-year immigration process, and start voting for Trump after becoming a citizen.

Ouch. You've nailed me. Clearly my next step will be to move to America, go through the umpteen-year immigration process, and start voting for Trump after becoming a citizen.

The only thing more deplorable than American Trump supporters are all the wannabe Trump supporters LARPing in support from their shitholes.

The only thing more deplorable than American Trump supporters are all the wannabe Trump supporters LARPing in support from their shitholes.

I can see why you constantly have a yellow card. What was this one for again?

Why the hissyfit?

You’re just embarrassing yourself now.

Why didn’t Obama get it done in 8 years?

You’re just embarrassing yourself now.

Why didn’t Obama get it done in 8 years?

Ohh right. I forgot, only blind loyalty counts in the cult of Trump. Thinking he could have gone about the trade war a bit better. What was I thinking.

I didn´t have to be a decade long battle if Trump had gone about it the smarter way
mate, you do realize that a lot of liberals think obama's foreign policies were shite

orangeman bad amirite?

I can see why you constantly have a yellow card. What was this one for again?

Hurting people's feelings.

"Any discussion with you requires a complete re-education and rewiring of your brain. It's just not worth it.

You have a knack for having absolutely horrible takes about literally anything."

-Rational Poster

Also, I don't constantly have a yellow card, I've been carded 3 or 4 times in nearly 7 years.

Last edited:
Ohh right. I forgot, only blind loyalty counts in the cult of Trump. Thinking he could have gone about the trade war a bit better. What was I thinking.

Better than what?

The opinion of someone on a karate forum? Forgive me if I measured his success against the most relevant alternative, who failed miserably.

Maybe you should run for President?

I didn´t have to be a decade long battle if Trump had gone about it the smarter way

This is the dumbest thing I’ll read all week, thanks.

This is a generation long battle, if not more.

Better than what?

The opinion of someone on a karate forum? Forgive me if I measured his success against the most relevant alternative, who failed miserably.

Maybe you should run for President?
Untwist your panties Bob.

Back