CM Punk's opponent is an explosive 24 year old

200.gif

Lets get ready to rustle !!!!!!

This entire scenario screams "work," but Brooks dies if it actually isn't.

Yeah, the guy is pure TNT

Punk shit his pants in the ring when on antibiotics, so there's that.

Mickey Gall is a can for Phil to beat and you guys are eating the shit up, I think Phil would have beaten up the MMA journalist (Gall's first UFC fight) much more savagely to be honest.

Also you guys touting Gall's NAGA belts need to get a clue, they award 100! of them!!! It means jack shit, its the equivalent of the grappling tee ball/bumper bowling trophy its not a real championship belt!

I'm surprised people think this is actually a work. That'd be fucking crazy and stupid to try to pull off.

From what little we've seen of Gall, he has potential. My opinion is the UFC is actually trying to use Punk to promote a potential fighter. Remember when Gall was fighting that nobody and the attention was all on Gall. If Gall wins, he'd get the shot at Punk, if the other guy won, well.. UFC knew he was a scrub and he wouldn't get a chance at Punk. Punk thought this was fucked up himself as he even asked "Why doesnt the other guy get the fight if he wins?". Well, because the UFC knew he was a scrub brought in to help make Mickey look good. If Mickey lost, they'd find another young kid with a lot of potential.

They are banking that Mickey destroys Punk and they create a star. Punk is old, and part of him at this point, I feel, knows he's being used to try to build someone up, but has put too much into this to back out. He's forced to the slaughter and to try his best.

I'm surprised people think this is actually a work. That'd be fucking crazy and stupid to try to pull off.

From what little we've seen of Gall, he has potential. My opinion is the UFC is actually trying to use Punk to promote a potential fighter. Remember when Gall was fighting that nobody and the attention was all on Gall. If Gall wins, he'd get the shot at Punk, if the other guy won, well.. UFC knew he was a scrub and he wouldn't get a chance at Punk. Punk thought this was fucked up himself as he even asked "Why doesnt the other guy get the fight if he wins?". Well, because the UFC knew he was a scrub brought in to help make Mickey look good. If Mickey lost, they'd find another young kid with a lot of potential.

They are banking that Mickey destroys Punk and they create a star. Punk is old, and part of him at this point, I feel, knows he's being used to try to build someone up, but has put too much into this to back out. He's forced to the slaughter and to try his best.

I never thought of that, but what you're saying makes total sense. Mickey was always promoted the most. I really hope Punk holds his own!

But CM Punk is undefeated, he has never been beaten in UFC.

I'd be surprised if Gall actually beats him.
I think they'd allow CM to get built up a little bit, (2-3 fights), and then amp up the competition to someone who can actually compete, but has a lop-sided skill set.

Yeah all he had to do was screaming "feed me punk" in front of Uncle Dana....
If you ask me, I have the feeling that all of this may be a bit scripted...
After seeing the events of the last 6 months, I try my hardest not to think this is all pre-planned BS.

My friends will often play a hypothetical game where we ask "would you take X dollars to let X fighter punch you in the face" or "how much money would you have to receive to get into the octagon with a UFC fighter". Punk has played the real life version of this game. He is going to get murdered but he's getting at least a million to do it, probably more.

Using CM Punk to launch the great Mickey Gall into stardom? That's like heating up your dinner by burning money. Completely insane.

Using CM Punk to launch the great Mickey Gall into stardom? That's like heating up your dinner by burning money. Completely insane.

I guess we'll find out won't we? When he comes out to Toni Basil's Hey Mickey and whoops up on CM Punk, they'll try to keep pushing this kid.

Back