CM Punk's Elite Training Partners Announced

Why in the hell would the top fighters at this gym train with this guy unless he is gonna pay them all a bunch of cash individually

Anthony Pettis and Ben Askren have nothing to gain from training with an amateur, to me seems like he will start with the other amateurs

publicity stunt to lure more clients to their gym.

There really isn't enough time for him to be fully ready for this. I think with 3-4 years he could get to an acceptable level, but he simply doesn't have that much time. This is a short sighted signing.

And seriously people, years? We're talking about an elite-level pro athlete with years of previous martial arts experience. All that's lacking is the experience and full devotion of his time.

Who are you talking about?

Why in the hell would the top fighters at this gym train with this guy unless he is gonna pay them all a bunch of cash individually

Anthony Pettis and Ben Askren have nothing to gain from training with an amateur, to me seems like he will start with the other amateurs
Punk isn't just some random dude off of the street, even if his skills are at that level. Punk is signed to a multi-fight contract in the UFC and has 2 million twitter followers. I'm sure Roufussport considers it a challenge to get this guy to as high a level as possible. If he manages to look good in his first fight, Roufussport will look amazing. Plus, I'm sure Punk will be talking about the gym all the time in interviews and on Twitter.

12 months before he gets his first gimme fight. The guy is 36 already, they have to rush him.

CM will quit after this happens on a daily basis.

4_Ben_Askren_vs._Andrey_Koreshkov.gif

pettisaskrenkick_zpsrjodmluz.gif

CM-Punk-is-sad-wwe-26437851-704-400.png

What have I got myself into...

tumblr_inline_mhbhykdImI1qz4rgp.gif

I should have just stayed home with this:

B4VcS3RCEAAXx-V.jpg:large

Last edited:
one year? bs

for a guy with no fight training at all even two year'd be a record time to be ready to turn pro.

I'll be happy to head on down and spar with Punk. You know to get him ready.

Isn't Brooks famous more for his mouth and not so much for his abilities? I've checked out some of his 'highlights' on YT and it seems he doesn't even wrestle all that much, just talk. lol That's not going to do much for him in the UFC.

If the guy was even 32 years old, I'd say maybe by 35 he may be able to put something together, but at 37 and no having martial arts, wrestling, or anything else EXPERIENCE.... please. Does jaw flapping count? No.

Who at Roufus is going to want to put serious time in to get him ready with no experience. Everyone at that gym will be above him.

The Gracie camp even said he shows up and trains a couple weeks, then they don't see him for months. He has no BJJ belt, and not only that, he hasn't even considered a BJJ belt he is such an amateur.

The more I think about this, the more ridiculous the whole thing is. The guy will never be Top 50. He's too old to start now.

Random thought: Where is Herschel Walker now, anyway?

I think we will find out quickly in camp if he can take a punch or kick. I don't expect him to make a debut until maybe mid 2015 or even later depending on progress, and who knows maybe after a serious training camp he will say this isn't for me.
I'll root for the guy, though I was never a big CM Punk fan, but I'll give him a chance; slim one.

He'll lose every fight, so he is basically ready right now.

With all of the shit that Askren talked about Punk, that outta be awkward!

Don't think it will be too bad. Askren while insulting Punk was doing more so to insult the UFC. Punk knows he "didn't earn a spot" so he can't get too offended. As long as Askren tells him that the shots are geared towards Dana and that he will do his best to get his wrestling up to speed, I think they will be fine. No reason to think Askren won't do just that, he coaches youth wrestling, so he is already used to working with people who don't have skill.

I answered how long it will take for him to train and take his first fight.

As far as actually getting to UFC level he's probably too old at this point. Unless he has an uncanny natural ability like Carwin's power which is what sustained him starting MMA at such an old age.

Carwin was a two time NCAA wrestling div 2 runner up.

cm_punk__drug_free__by_francfh-d5sw64w.jpg

He'd look like a complete dick and permanently lose any credibility if he popped after getting that tattoo.

Lance Armstrong swore an OATH he'd was completely clean and we had all sorts of retards yelling that this must mean he's clean because lying is impossible. My god you people naive, it boggles the mind.

Lance Armstrong swore an OATH he'd was completely clean and we had all sorts of retards yelling that this must mean he's clean because lying is impossible. My god you people naive, it boggles the mind.

Thus my comment under the picture.

Back