CM Punk should fight Vic Grujic for his first fight

Ironmonger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was wondering who CM Punk should really foght for his debut after the lame pendred clash, and boom. The answer popped up.

He should fight Vic Grujic from TUF Nation Australia vs Canada. Here's why :

1) Vic is 39 years old, he's old for MMA. But he's almost the same age as CM Punk who is also old for mma so it would be perfect.

2) His skillset. I just watched his last fight against Brendan O'Reilly. First this brendan o'reilly guy is an very undersized welterweight. He's 5'8 but looks skinny compared to other 5'8 welterweights like woodley, palhares, mike pierce. He's a lightweight who doesn't cut. And Vic is a good sized welter if not a big one. But in spite of that he took vic down almost at will, and wasn't knockdown by his punches (but he was dazed). And you can see that Vic striking is very raw. I think it would be a good fight for cm punk.

3) He's not a complete can. He's a respected veteran of the sport. so if CM Punk loses to him it's just logic. He's new and he lost to a veteran in his forst fight, props to him for stepping up in the cage. He didn't lost to a can with a 1-4 record.

I'm not saying that cm punk would win this fight for sure. But i'm saying that he could maybe win it or he could more likely lose it but that wouldn't be a shame.

Just watch vic's fight with o'reilly and tell me he's not the perfect opponent. I do think he is. And i know Vic got cut don't tell me that we all know that it isn't a problem.

Here's Vic wiki for those who don't know him: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vik_Grujic

Last edited:
"Eh well yeah I'd like to fight in the UFC, just give me 2+ years or so" PFFTTT

Grujic 1st Rd tko haha, but I think Punk/Pendred is what we'll see

What ever happened to Vic Grujic? He looked pretty good against Wilson Gouveia.

War punk, your all gonna act so shocked when he crushes whoever they give him. He's training with the best in the business and has a tonne of natural talent.

Vic Grimes??

900x900px-LL-a06396bb_vic-grimes-vs-new-jack.gif

CM Punk should fight someone with similar experience to himself

its better for MMA in the long run if CM Punk does well and brings more eyes to the product

You guys realise Grujic got cut from the UFC after losing to O'Reilly, right?

Punk should be fighting a guy with a decent amateur record who's also making their pro debut or maybe has 1 pro fight.

You guys realise Grujic got cut from the UFC after losing to O'Reilly, right?

You guy realize how to read a thread until the last sentence ?? I talk about that.

And yeah nobody has ever been cut by the ufc and then bring back for one fight they needed to do. Never happens...

They'll just bring him back if they want this match. Not a problem.

CM Punk should fight someone with similar experience to himself

its better for MMA in the long run if CM Punk does well and brings more eyes to the product

100% agree with you pal. You're right.

But the guy is old too so he has to fight someone around his age for his first fight. 40 years old mma artists with a 0-0 record does not grow on trees.

Grujic is old and has fought his own share of cans, so his record isn't to be afraid of. He's 1-3 in the UFC (not counting tuf).

And as I said if punk loses this one he lost to an experienced veteran of the sport so no shame to him.

His stock can only rise with this fight. I think.

Punk should be fighting a guy with a decent amateur record who's also making their pro debut or maybe has 1 pro fight.

The guy must also be over 35 to make it competitive. 0-0 overs 35 years old mma fight are hard to find

Back