CM Punk on Colby Covington: It's racist. I get what Colby is doing but I don't appreciate it.

Do you agree with CM Punk on Colby Covington?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colby is a dick and is very cringey a lot of the time, but he's not racist at all

The word "racist" gets thrown around so much it's almost lost it's meaning

Hey jerk, I'd don't respect you.

Now, what is the problem if I don't respect you? Seriously?

Do you weep at night thinking about all the people you think don't "respect" you? Do you have emotional problems? That's just strange....

new.png

Colby himself isn't racist. But he's spreading ignorance. His fans emulate him. Not saying it's the end of the world, but to be completely blind to it is willful ignorance imo.

Kind of like Colby's daddy, Trump. He's the poster boy for this behavior. If you're from the southwest you can attest to the ballsy behavior from white teens, that simply wasn't there before. At least not on this scale. Ignorance inspires ignorance, the same way greatness inspires greatness. It's a two way street.
....or maybe you're just now noticing it, because you know... That whole election thing not going as planned

The examples given here weren't racist but Colby has been racist, especially when referring to Brazilians as filthy animals. Anyone that cannot see that is a F*^kin moron.
Same time if people accuse others of being racist solely for supporting Trump then they are F*^kin morons too, there are good examples of why both Trump and Colby are racist but to blanket call someone it because of supporting trump is wrong, majority probably are and will probably give good examples of it eventually but a lot of liberals are pretty lazy and jump straight to that assumption.
Brazilian is not a race. There are white, black and Asian Brazilians. You think Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida are the same race?

....or maybe you're just now noticing it, because you know... That whole election thing not going as planned
I voted Trump. I don't perpetuate the narrative that he's racist. He's a business man. But his ignorance does inspire more ignorance. In this case racists. Nice way to try to spin this though.

I'm talking about spitting, calling my grandma a spick bitch. It's ugly man.
OK. I am white and my wife is Korean. There was an incident where a skanky redneck mouthed off to her and called her names using racial epithets. She actually was far enough away from her that she thought she was Hispanic and told her to "go back to where you came from" or some such bullshit.

You know what we did. We got home and laughed about how ignorant people truly are. We literally thought about it for 1 minute out of our life, laughed it off, felt pity for some ignorant bitch, and then went about our life.

Who cares? There is ALWAYS going to be someone out there who is ignorant enough to judge you for something superficial like your skin color, height, weight, eye color, whatever.

Why give them power over you? Just laugh it off and move on.

Brazilian is not a race. There are white, black and Asian Brazilians. You think Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida are the same race?

Brazilians do not need to be a race for him calling them filthy animals being racist, just means he is also ignorant. Lumping many different races into one and labelling the whole country filthy animals is racist. You honesty defending his actions here or just playing devil's advocate and being a dick?

Also most legal definitions of racism include national identity, had this argument on sherdog before about Irish, don't really want it again but a lot of people on here have a very very narrow view of racism that would get them in trouble in most countries and organisations.

Jesus fucking Christ, everybody on the planet is racist at this point.

It's on both sides. Here's my question: why does the government force the issue of black and white integration?

If black people will never truly like white people, and white people will never truly like blacks...who cares?

OK. I am white and my wife is Korean.

You sir, are confused. Looks like you've got two heads doing the thinking when it comes to race relations.

I mean, what do I do if I know the races shouldn't mix, but I REALLY want that Korean puss?

Brazilians do not need to be a race for him calling them filthy animals being racist, just means he is also ignorant. Lumping many different races into one and labelling the whole country filthy animals is racist. You honesty defending his actions here or just playing devil's advocate and being a dick?
No you are ignorant lumping them all together and calling it racist. Brazil is a third world country. He is attacking the country as a whole. Has nothing to do with Race. And the only people that actually see race in it, are themselves racist. Or virtue signaling. There are people outside of this country that insult the USA all the time. Does that make them racist? Grow up and stop playing the race card whenever shit happens you don't agree with.

lol @ racist.

Actually, you are not correct. But it's true that it would be just as stupid for Ariel to have me on his show.

So you train full time? 8 hours a day? And you have more than 0 fights in the UFC? Ok sure lol

Colby has done nothing wrong, simply exercising his Constitutionally protected First Amendment rights. Phil Brooks is just a crybaby loser seeking attention. Phil got bodied by two absolute stiffs while Colby has been steamrolling top ten ranked competition on the regular. Phil should go back to Stamford, Connecticut and beg Vince McMahon for his old job back, leave the world of legitimate combat sports to the professionals.

You sir, are confused. Looks like you've got TWO heads doing the thinking when it comes to race relations.
No, I'm not confused. "Race relations" doesn't get better with forced integration. That actually makes it worse.

Black people should be angry, not at white people, but government. Government has destroyed the black family. Government has kept black people in poverty. Government has increased, not decreased, racial tensions.

OK. I am white and my wife is Korean. There was an incident where a skanky redneck mouthed off to her and called her names using racial epithets. She actually was far enough away from her that she thought she was Hispanic and told her to "go back to where you came from" or some such bullshit.

You know what we did. We got home and laughed about how ignorant people truly are. We literally thought about it for 1 minute out of our life, laughed it off, felt pity for some ignorant bitch, and then went about our life.

Who cares? There is ALWAYS going to be someone out there who is ignorant enough to judge you for something superficial like your skin color, height, weight, eye color, whatever.

Why give them power over you? Just laugh it off and move on.
Dude. Maybe I started off wrong, or just went about this the wrong way. I know exactly where you are coming from. I'm not thin skinned. I've been dealing with this my entire life. The frequency is getting worse, and they're getting more bold with who they attack. These kids weren't calculated. Just mindless sheep doing disrespectful shit they think is funny, but it's being perpetuated by ignorance.

If they were just personal attacks of course I would just shrug them off, laugh it off. I constantly make racially charged jokes myself, they're hysterical. I am an Infantry veteran, and have a dark sense of humor. The issue I have is with the intention and who they do it to. It really sucks hearing your grandma was called a spick bitch by some kids who just walked away laughing. Or that her fountain was vandalized, a fountain that's been the center piece of her garden since she immigrated from Mexico legally. If you don't think that's wrong we have a morality/ethics issue, not a political one.

No, I'm not confused. "Race relations" doesn't get better with forced integration. That actually makes it worse.

Black people should be angry, not at white people, but government. Government has destroyed the black family. Government has kept black people in poverty. Government has increased, not decreased, racial tensions.

I see what you're saying. It's not true though. Without people where is the government? It's all people. No one "should" be angry if we're trying to figure out the best way to set up society. Framing it this way is IMO a big problem but you can't unwind it at this point.

"I just ignore it"
Write a twit about it, to be sure the world know his analysis and public stance on the matter

Who gives a shit what an 0-2 MMA failure thinks?
You, i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back