Media CM Punk: No Room For Error

vg6j3n1ayem31.gif

I was one of the few who wanted CM Punk to win his debut and prove the doubters wrong. It would be an amazing lesson for those wasting their lives away on the couch - it is never too late to follow your passion. If an actor can work hard for 2 years and become a legit fighter, you can go chase your dreams too.

Unfortunately real life doesn't work that way. Sometimes, no matter how much passion you have for something, you are just not talented enough. Or maybe you started too late and the boat has sailed. CM Punk became a lesson on the dangers of having unrealistic expectations.

Nonetheless, he got paid 500k to get beaten by Mickey Gall for 2 minutes. That's more money than what some people would see in their entire lifetime - dude earned it in 2 minutes. Not such a bad deal at the end of the day. Even though he is justifiably treated as a meme around these parts, I can't really hate on a guy who is just trying to make the best out of his situation.

No fan of CM Punk, but it certainly takes a degree of courage to step into the octagon.

I'm a Punk fan (wrestling wise) but I never understood that logic. If the UFC came to virtually any of us and said "We'll pay you 3 million dollars to train, get in shape, learn to fight, promote you and then put on in a TV fight". I think most of us would take that offer. Granted, you are risking taking damage to health but for 3 million or more, that's probably worth the risk.

It might have been some minor courage but it was really just a good financial decision.

I'm a Punk fan (wrestling wise) but I never understood that logic. If the UFC came to virtually any of us and said "We'll pay you 3 million dollars to train, get in shape, learn to fight, promote you and then put on in a TV fight". I think most of us would take that offer. Granted, you are risking taking damage to health but for 3 million or more, that's probably worth the risk.

It might have been some minor courage but it was really just a good financial decision.
people always bring this up but most of us arent already millionaires. most of us would do it for 5 grand, but we arent cm punk. I dont particulsdly like cm punk, never liked him much as a wrestler, but he was already loaded

3 million?

I'll take an ass whooping for 300k. I'd go all out for that first few minutes gas and tap to strikes visa vis Bobb Sapp.

Last edited:
If he wanted to prove himself he should have gone into a small promotion to see if he had what it takes. That's what all the other pro wrestlers did. This was a vanity project for a wannabe, nothing else.

I was one of the few who wanted CM Punk to win his debut and prove the doubters wrong. It would be an amazing lesson for those wasting their lives away on the couch - it is never too late to follow your passion. If an actor can work hard for 2 years and become a legit fighter, you can go chase your dreams too.

Unfortunately real life doesn't work that way. Sometimes, no matter how much passion you have for something, you are just not talented enough. Or maybe you started too late and the boat has sailed. CM Punk became a lesson on the dangers of having unrealistic expectations.

Nonetheless, he got paid 500k to get beaten by Mickey Gall for 2 minutes. That's more money than what some people would see in their entire lifetime - dude earned it in 2 minutes. Not such a bad deal at the end of the day. Even though he is justifiably treated as a meme around these parts, I can't really hate on a guy who is just trying to make the best out of his situation.
He lived his dream as well and took all the arrows for trying. I actually respect him for going Ina big stage and trying. More than can be said for 97% of the posters who deride him.
He came out hot, gall iced him with the take down , rest is rudimentary result

LOL @ this douche still trying to act like he is an MMA fighter. Please.

His arrogance was his downfall. His entitlement to skip ahead of those who worked from the bottom to reach the UFC is something that might’ve struck him too late, he knew he was an imposter who got ahead on his name alone.
He also trained for 4 years full time and was still a BJJ white belt. That’s pathetic and I’ve known hobbyists who’ve got blue belts in half that time. Doesn’t appear that he worked hard at all given the opportunity, his arrogance and delusion being the reason.

Last edited:
No fan of CM Punk, but it certainly takes a degree of courage to step into the octagon.
Actually it only takes a degree of nepotism. Many people spend their lives trying to make it big as a fighter and the WWEFC took a spot on a card away from actual fighters— people they refuse to pay even when they’re qualified, and handed this idiot half a million dollars and a spot on a limited card.
You can call it courage but that’s like saying it’s courageous of me to get in Lewis Hamilton’s F1 car and speed through Monaco. It’s actually just stupid and undeserved, and worse yet it steals a seat from someone who’s better.

Back