CM PUNK: "If it was up to me, I'd be the first fight on fight pass"

Whatever makes you feel better with yourself
giphy.gif

If this was true, he'd actually make a point to get real experience in amateur fights or low level pro fights.

He signed a contract with the UFC for a reason, and it wasn't about "proving himself".

If this was true, he'd actually make a point to get real experience in amateur fights or low level pro fights.

He signed a contract with the UFC for a reason, and it wasn't about "proving himself".

The reason is still proving himself.
The reason why he chose UFC specifically is because they had the best offer he could get. Should he have refused?
Yes, he has better choice than average Joe - is it unexpected?

In any other org, he still could've fought 2-0 guy for his 1st fight and 0-1 for the second.
Only makes sense.

this post is pretty much what is wrong with Sherdog.

You're attacking a guy for being "fake humble" when he posted publicly that if it were up to him, he would be first on the fight pass prelims. A guy who has never ONCE talked about how great he is as a fighter. He's never talked about how he's a world beater. He's never said shit.

I agree, he sucks, he doesn't really belong in the UFC. He's not some great crossover athlete or star like what Pride used to do (or even Brock for that matter). But you're attacking a dude who has never been anything but realistic about his MMA skills. He never hypes himself up. I don't even think anyone on here hypes him up. But all you guys do is bash a dude for trying to achieve something he's wanted to do. If he is in the gym, works as hard as he can, and is actually going in the cage to fight, what reason do you have to hate on him? Because he came from the WWE and has his own fanbase? Do you have every fighter who has done something in the past related to wrestling?

But at the same time, you tell him not to fake humility, but also tell him to be an idiot and accept less money than what he can squeeze out. If they are willing to pay him that amount, why shouldn't he take it? Because you don't think he deserves it? He makes the company money. It's that simple. That's why he gets paid.

This, hard for some people to comprehend this.

Brock did not go to "small organization". He went to freaking K-1.

The difference between CM Punk+Lesnar and Batista, that Batista did it for fun, as a side of his training hobby.
Punk and Lesnar chose it as their main career courses...
Fair to say it's not small, but Americans certainly don't shit about it. I only remember Lesnar pounding a small Asian guy.

I would say Batista is far most serious about it than punk. There is no way punk was considering this as a future career. Dude took over 2 years to even take his first fight, and how long since, like he's young enough to take his time even IF he had talent.

Fair to say it's not small, but Americans certainly don't shit about it. I only remember Lesnar pounding a small Asian guy.

I would say Batista is far most serious about it than punk. There is no way punk was considering this as a future career. Dude took over 2 years to even take his first fight, and how long since, like he's young enough to take his time even IF he had talent.

Lesnar didn't care what Americans thought about K-1. He fought in K-1 because they offered him a lot of cash just like UFC does.
Just like UFC does to Punk.

Batista is not serious about MMA, and never was. Yes, he was relatively prepared for the fight, but it was part of his training he does at his spare time.
He had wrestling career, he had movie career. He never had MMA career.

Punk has MMA career. He dedicated himself to it. He doesn't do anything but.

well he would for sure be retared if he have took a fight for 20K...
This seems hard for people to understand for..... some reason. Nobody expects him to fight for 20/20.

But in that case, shut up about how you'd fight on the fight pass prelims. No, no he would not. Because then he'd make shit. It's fine if he doesn't want to do that. Then he shouldn't bullshit us.

This seems hard for people to understand for..... some reason. Nobody expects him to fight for 20/20.

But in that case, shut up about how you'd fight on the fight pass prelims. No, no he would not. Because then he'd make shit. It's fine if he doesn't want to do that. Then he shouldn't bullshit us.
really i dont think he is bullshiting us. Think about it, he have hes contract and will get his cash, no matter where he fights. I really believe he would rather fight in the shadows with an also unskilled fighter than making a spectacle of a fight that for sure doesn't deserve the light its getting. I dont think someone would really fight in the main Card knowing that he really don't deserve it skillwise and knowing that all the People watching knows that he doesn't deserve it and just want to see the freakshow...
Do you really think he wants to lose in front of all those People again?

He might actually want to be on the non PPV part of the card, but I doubt the UFC would allow that.

How noble - but your ego and entitlement would not allow you to do this the right way and take fights on smaller shows. And you'll keep that big cheque as well.
Like you wouldn't. Life is a game of monopoly, the more cash you have the better you can play it. He may suck, but has more fans(who normally don't pay attention to the ufc) than anyone else fighting on the card. Makes pure sense buisness wise. It's not like he is claiming to be something he's not, there is a good reason ufc is paying him that much.

Fuck off with your fake humility, Brooks.
If you genuinely felt that way, you wouldn't be entering contract talks asking for $1-2million per fight basic salary. If you really felt that way, you'd have approached the UFC and asked for a regular contract offer, and accepted $20/20k if it was offered.
Why should he ask for 20/20 when he's worth 1-2 mil? Is he taking money from starving children? If he doesn't ask for 1-2 mil does that get spread out so the rest of the fighters get bigger pays... No, and you're not dumb enough to think that either. If Punk doesn't take what he's realistically worth, it just profits the pockets of money hungry, low paying bosses from the UFC.

Enough of the humble act. He better focus on not looking like pure shit against easier opponent.

Before his UFC debut, I thought he trained BJJ w/Gracies, so had a chance.

I really believe he would rather fight in the shadows with an also unskilled fighter than making a spectacle of a fight that for sure doesn't deserve the light its getting. I dont think someone would really fight in the main Card knowing that he really don't deserve it skillwise and knowing that all the People watching knows that he doesn't deserve it and just want to see the freakshow...
Do you really think he wants to lose in front of all those People again?

Why do you write people with capital letter? Just to show that people = very important factor?

Why do you write people with capital letter? Just to show that people = very important factor?

only a sith is absolute!

no ist just the german keybord... the keybord choose from alone what words will get a capital letter.
In german all nouns are being written with capital letters.
Like this: In German all Nouns are being written with Capital Letters.

So the true is, sometimes is the keybord alone, but sometimes i just push the shift button bc of Habituation...

only a sith is absolute!

no ist just the german keybord... the keybord choose from alone what words will get a capital letter.
In german all nouns are being written with capital letters.
Like this: In German all Nouns are being written with Capital Letters.

So the true is, sometimes is the keybord alone, but sometimes i just push the shift button bc of Habituation...

35268s.jpg

Back