CM PUNK: "If it was up to me, I'd be the first fight on fight pass"

fighters should make more money

fighter makes money

He should of fought for next to nothing ......hes so fake
Man i cant believe people really think this way lol. This is business. Ufc wanted this amd paid cm punk what it was worth to them.

He's not a fighter. Not only does he have no fighting talent, he has zero fighting heart. If he was a real fighter he'd start from the bottom, instead he uses his fame to be where he's now.
Fuck off with your fake humility, Brooks.
If you genuinely felt that way, you wouldn't be entering contract talks asking for $1-2million per fight basic salary. If you really felt that way, you'd have approached the UFC and asked for a regular contract offer, and accepted $20/20k if it was offered.
some next level hating here....

If you genuinely felt that way, you wouldn't be entering contract talks asking for $1-2million per fight basic salary. If you really felt that way, you'd have approached the UFC and asked for a regular contract offer, and accepted $20/20k if it was offered.
He rather take the fight pass and the money

Seems like he says the right things. Just wish the whole thing wasnt on the main stage like a circus show. Should have been more like Lashley.

Punk is self aware and knows he sucks. He isn't the issue. The UFC enablers are the issue.

Oh so he's trying to play up the "I'm in it for the love, not glory or money" bullshit.

If he was some MMA purist he would have come up through the indie circuit. He's a fanboy glory hound. Don't back track now Punk.

doesn't bother me that he's fighting

it didn't bother me when monica's rich bf was doing it

Punk is going to make bank for this fight.

I'm interested to see how much CM has evolved, if at all

Well he’s not fighting a legit life long trained jiu jitsu brown belt.
jacksons striking is probably leaps and bounds ahead of punk though.
Punk should have taken the Bautista route, fight on a small card and realize that fighting ain’t for you.

Then drop the fake humility, nobody is paying you a million to be on Fight Pass. Just embrace it, don't act like you disagree with the UFC' decision to PPV-card him just to try and score brownie points with fans.
Exactly you leveraged your WWE fame for your spot. I'm OK with that, that's business. But don't act like you'd fight for 20/20 because you just love the sport SO much.

That's obvious bullshit.

He's not a fighter. Not only does he have no fighting talent, he has zero fighting heart. If he was a real fighter he'd start from the bottom, instead he uses his fame to be where he's now.

You're not a fighter. Not only do you have no fighting talent, you have zero fighting heart. If you were a real fighter you'd start from the bottom, instead you use your....wait never mind.

Exactly you leveraged your WWE fame for your spot. I'm OK with that, that's business. But don't act like you'd fight for 20/20 because you just love the sport SO much.

That's obvious bullshit.

Hey it's the God of Thunder.

Lol at this cranky retard.

That's obvious bullshit.
No its not bullshit. Ufc came and said heres how many millions you get. You dont say no to that no matter what you wanted to do before. It becomes a no brainer. As much as hed wanna do it differently,he CANT. UFC wants him aa the main,they paid him what he was worth and thats how it goes. Anything else ia fantasy.

Oh so he's trying to play up the "I'm in it for the love, not glory or money" bullshit.

If he was some MMA purist he would have come up through the indie circuit. He's a fanboy glory hound. Don't back track now Punk.

You know when approached by Zuffa he wanted to do the lower level thing, right? They basically told him he was too big a name and they wanted him on UFC PPVs right out of the gate.

The man has always been clear he's ticking boxes off his bucket list since he left wrestling. I get the 'he's taking up spots that real fighters would have' argument, but honestly in the 2+ years he's been part of the conversation exactly 2 fighter spots have been taken up by his matches on PPV and I can think of a lot of other fighters who have gotten on the main card instead of some more deserving fighter in that time. There is no proof the income he's taking up for his contract would go to better fighters instead of Zuffa coffers or another face on a card. So far he's done no worse than James Toney and after one fight has the same UFC record as Brock did, for what its worth.

Yes, I think he shouldnt be in the UFC, but there are a bunch of other fighters I dont think are on an elite mma organization level and they are on cards all the time. I think he sincerely knows his skill level and his place in MMA, but he was given the opportunity to fight in the UFC for a bunch of money and I cant say I'd turn that down even if I was shit in the cage. Not even for someone's idea of 'honor.'

He apparently took the first offer they gave him.

He's a legitimate draw and a known commodity. I'm sorry little geeks like Mighty Midget can't draw in his own sport but a pro wrestler can.

Well he’s not fighting a legit life long trained jiu jitsu brown belt.
jacksons striking is probably leaps and bounds ahead of punk though.
Punk should have taken the Bautista route, fight on a small card and realize that fighting ain’t for you.
Ufc made him the offer. Bautista woulda taken it,or he mighy have not the balls to accept.

No its not bullshit. Ufc came and said heres how many millions you get. You dont say no to that no matter what you wanted to do before. It becomes a no brainer. As much as hed wanna do it differently,he CANT. UFC wants him aa the main,they paid him what he was worth and thats how it goes. Anything else ia fantasy.
Right. We all get that. The bullshit part is this fake humility "I'd fight on fight pass if I could"

No, no you would not. So don't say that when it's obvious fake humility. He knows his name brought him to the party and that's fine, that's business. Then don't act like you're in it for pure love of the game. He's in it for thw six to seven figure paycheck. If they paid him like a prelims guy he wouldn't be fighting

Back