CM Punk future

AceCooch

Ace Land
@Brown
Reaction score
I just realized the dude is 37 now, nearing 38... and is going to try to fight MW (I hadn't even paid attention to which weightclass he was)...

I have no idea how he'll do against this 2 fight opponent, tho Gall does hold a UFC win and is 13 years younger

Does CM Punk really have any future in UFC even if he wins this fight? I see him making it maybe 2-3 years in MMA max. He's going to be too slow to fight professionals who are 10-15 years younger than him with longer training. I can't see him having a UFC "hype run" even if its padded with weak opponents similar to the Sage train

What say you?

Well, since he doesn't have a past in the UFC, I suppose the future is all that is left for him... I imagine it will be a grim one.

DEXATI20160803200242_zpsgryezyru.png

Im rooting for the guy but I just think its too late in the game for him with his current experience level and age. I dont see him doing very well in the octagon, even against pretty inexperienced fighters. I think he will lose his firstt fight, then theyll maybe give him someone even less experienced that he might beat, but when they try to step it up a little again he will lose once more and call it quits

As represented by the following GIF, I'd say his future is bright

TQrFAK7.gif

He is a pencil neck geek that has been saying he is a fighter for decades despite only recently even really training.

I hope Punk beats Gall, but I don't know. Gall beat up a guy that asks questions at press conferences.

We'll find out soon enough.

He'll peak at 40 like Couture and go on to be a 2 division champ.

Or he'll get ktfo and run crying back to Paul Heyman.

Im rooting for the guy but I just think its too late in the game for him with his current experience level and age. I dont see him doing very well in the octagon, even against pretty inexperienced fighters. I think he will lose his firstt fight, then theyll maybe give him someone even less experienced that he might beat, but when they try to step it up a little again he will lose once more and call it quits
You're giving him 3 UFC fights? That is 2 more than I am lol.

He can do a couple big money fight, could se him having a 4 year career. I think he should only take "fun" fights, mainly against lower ranked guys. I would be willing to bet my entire bank account that he never enters the top 5, but I don't think anyone is expecting him to

If he doesn't get killed, win or lose, he fights at least one more. He is going to be a commentator/TV guy and that's where he will have most of his career.

Ok let's see here. On the one hand you have an untested fighter with very minimal experience.

On the other hand you have a fucking killer. A man who has never been defeated. Who has never had to face adversity in the cage because he has been so talented that nobody has ever been able to lay a hand on him. A man that stole the undertakers urn and left Brock lesnar laying unconscious. A man that beat prime John Cena for Christ's sakes!

Tell me again how Gall is even going to stand a chance?

Get your shit together Sherdog and quit doubting the goat!!

I have posted this before but I think the UFC is playing the CM Punk card all wrong. If Punk is going to fight in the UFC it is a "Freak Show" style fight, no other way to call it. The best freak show fights have been a fighter of significant skill matched up with someone with some freakish attributes. Fedor vs Hong Man Choi, Nog vs Bob Sapp etc. I would love to see Mighty Mouse vs CM Punk. They could fight at WW. DJ hits 156 lb minimum and CM hits the 171 lb max. Its a win-win, if CM Punk wins he beat a UFC Champion and if DJ wins he is a Giant Killer. Puts MM in front of a lot of eyes and maybe brings some attention to the lighter weight classes.

He is a pencil neck geek that has been saying he is a fighter for decades despite only recently even really training.
But would you dare to say that to his virgin nose?

I just realized the dude is 37 now, nearing 38... and is going to try to fight MW (I hadn't even paid attention to which weightclass he was)...

I have no idea how he'll do against this 2 fight opponent, tho Gall does hold a UFC win and is 13 years younger

Does CM Punk really have any future in UFC even if he wins this fight? I see him making it maybe 2-3 years in MMA max. He's going to be too slow to fight professionals who are 10-15 years younger than him with longer training. I can't see him having a UFC "hype run" even if its padded with weak opponents similar to the Sage train

What say you?
serious.jpg

Back