CM Punk Chickens Out Of Confrontation

It starting to irritate me that these wwe actors are calling themselves wrestlers...unless they have a amateur background they should refer to themselves as actors. I mean Channing Tatum trained in real wrestling with an Olympian for his role in Foxcatcher but he still refers to himself as an actor.
Do you realize how dangerous pro wrestling is? You fuck up a move by an inch or a fraction of a second, and the guy you're working with is a quadriplegic. I wrestled for over a decade, the real kind that you seem so adamant to defend. Pro wrestling requires just as much technique, the biggest difference is it requires cooperation as opposed to competition.
And lol at these dude thinking he could stomp punk just because he was skinny...I would love to see this steroid abuser step up to Aldo or Jones and see how bad a 'scrawny' dude could ragdoll him.

Aldo isn't ragdolling that guy, he does probably light him the fuck up. Jones is a monster wrestler though, Atlas is probably super fucked up body wise, I could see him ragdoll him, but Jones ragdolls 99% of the population.

Who else remembers that time Atlas chickened out of testifying in court about the guy that killed Bruiser Brody?

Shame that Gonzalez fucker didn't burn to death in his house fire. Hopefully he's broke now though.

Do you realize how dangerous pro wrestling is? You fuck up a move by an inch or a fraction of a second, and the guy you're working with is a quadriplegic. I wrestled for over a decade, the real kind that you seem so adamant to defend. Pro wrestling requires just as much technique, the biggest difference is it requires cooperation as opposed to competition.

Wingsuit-01.jpg

5569852096_4d0988ebd2.jpg

The next generation of fighters i guess.. :rolleyes:

Wingsuit-01.jpg

5569852096_4d0988ebd2.jpg

The next generation of fighters i guess.. :rolleyes:

I'll never understand why some pro fighters get super touchy over pro wrestling, much less somebody like this guy who seems pretty secure with himself.

Nobody is saying their the next generation of fighters, just that pro-wrestling isn't a walk in the park and has an element of danger to it, arguably more than MMA depending on the work rate of the matchup.

Frode, you don't even kind of impress me. You sure have a weird attitude towards pro wrestling for someone who thinks his Kung Fu and capoeira are going to mean anything in a legitimate fight. You clearly don't know jack shit about grappling or wrestling, I've done it over half of my life. Please feel free to speak when we start discussing his Muay Thai, until then stop making yourself look like an insecure jackass. I wasn't saying that pro wrestling was a good base for MMA, I was saying that it takes technique and an understanding of grappling, as well as tremendous athleticism. It's much more than acting.

I've said this many times on sherdog. Rude insults are not valid arguments in a adult discussion.

And i like a good adult discussion. So feel free to start one.

I've said this many times on sherdog. Rude insults are not valid arguments in a adult discussion.

And i like a good adult discussion. So feel free to start one.

I made my point, I did it without rudely insulting anyone, then you posted irrelevant pictures and put words in my mouth. You were the one throwing stones. I addressed it, restated my initial position, and now you want to play the victim while ignoring every statement I have made about the topic at hand. Do you actually have anything to say?

So, when did CM Punk refer to himself as a badass, tough guy street fighter? I'll wait..

Punk's whole gimmick was that he was a fighter. He was even billed as a Muay Thai Master and BJJ Blackbelt.

Boys, boys. Don't let CM Punk come between you. It is not worth it.

Punk's whole gimmick was that he was a fighter. He was even billed as a Muay Thai Master and BJJ Blackbelt.

You realize that is a character, right? He has said that he is inexperienced and this is an uphill climb for him. I don't even think he ever said that, I think that's some bullshit the announcers claimed when they called matches. He isn't pretending to be a badass, if anything he was bringing attention to actual arts because he appreciates them.

Reminds me of the days Sherdog was foaming at the mouth with rage when Brock Lesnar came over lol.

Punk has already said it himself in at least two or three interviews that he's inexperienced and just wants to test himself. He was clearly humble and was pretty realistic about the whole thing.

If only people would actually pay attention to the facts instead of creating their own narrative...

Try and watch the complete Tony Atlas video. Here is a sample.

[YT]Xoxr4SrCesQ[/YT]

What is going to happen to CM Punk in the UFC when he can't even stand up to an old time wrestler???

[YT]bhJ7A2uhExg [/YT]

Atlas is crazy. You missed the boat completely Thunderlip as it was CM Punk who stood up and confronted Atlas. Dang, the hate for CM Punk and pro wrestling is strong yet you use the name Thunderlips? Closet much?

The real story is an out of touch has been, almost never was Tony Atlas, comes up and tries to show these younger guys (at WWE's developmental territory) what a big star he supposedly was and didn't like the fact that CM Punk used alot of tape on his wrist and arms. Punk didn't take the tape off and it annoyed Atlas so later on in the day, Atlas decides to lecture and degrade the wrestlers at the show while staring at Punk. Of course Atlas is going to spin it his way but those who were there know what happened. He also told Punk he wasn't going to amount to anything and he would never end up on tv (Atlas assumed Punk was one of the young, up and comers. Of course Punk was already the ECW Champ at the time and wrestled at WM.

The spins people put on this stuff, smh.

Last edited:
I like how Punk tried to claim a kempo karate background when he first announced his UFC signing and then backtracked when asked about it and admitting it was something he did as a teenager and not an actual skillset he has.

When a "UFC fighter" needs to bring up karate classes he took while in high school to profile his fighting background, that's pretty hilarious. Not to mention that I've never heard someone refer to 3-4 years of hobbyist BJJ training as "a very long time".

That's like a nepotism hire at some big company claiming he has a "computer programming" background because he learned how to install Microsoft Word back in middle school.

All these fake wrestlers need to fall back.

I miss the era of MEN, the alpha males who were legit shooters in pro wrestling.

Peace to Brock Lesnar.

I like how Punk tried to claim a kempo karate background when he first announced his UFC signing and then backtracked when asked about it and admitting it was something he did as a teenager and not an actual skillset he has.

When a "UFC fighter" needs to bring up karate classes he took while in high school to profile his fighting background, that's pretty hilarious. Not to mention that I've never heard someone refer to 3-4 years of hobbyist BJJ training as "a very long time".

That's like a nepotism hire at some big company claiming he has a "computer programming" background because he learned how to install Microsoft Word back in middle school.

All these fake wrestlers need to fall back.

I miss the era of MEN, the alpha males who were legit shooters in pro wrestling.

Peace to Brock Lesnar.

Something vaguely homoerotic about this post

Back