CM Punk apparently wants one more in the UFC. Dana is considering.

Part of me wants to root for this guy but part of me wants him to just leave the sport and not make himself look any worse. I don't know what he is expecting to achieve with such limited time and natural ability. I don't mind his personality. I don't know much about his pro-wrestling persona but he seems like an alright guy. I don't wish him ill will for wanting to try MMA like a lot of hardcore fans do and I get why they are mad but he's bringing eyes to the sport for better or for worse. Odds are he's going to get tooled again and that will be that.

Dana White "Looking For A Can" I can see it now

Bring Cody McKenzie back

Actually Cody would probably guillotining him in the a round

Why can't they put CM Punk with someone making their pro debut -- say straight out of Olympic taekwondo.

The obvious fight to make though is Sage Northcutt verses CM Punk. Loser gets cut.

Last edited:
Part of me wants to root for this guy but part of me wants him to just leave the sport and not make himself look any worse. I don't know what he is expecting to achieve with such limited time and natural ability. I don't mind his personality. I don't know much about his pro-wrestling persona but he seems like an alright guy. I don't wish him ill will for wanting to try MMA like a lot of hardcore fans do and I get why they are mad but he's bringing eyes to the sport for better or for worse. Odds are he's going to get tooled again and that will be that.

I suppose he wants to win a fight and say he's a UFC fighter. Perhaps he saw Brock Lesnar being successful and figured he could emulate his success in some ways or another.

The only way he will win a fucking fight in the UFC, is if they do a lucky draw from a hat where they pick a ticket winner from the crowd to fight him on the night, even then he will probably still get his ass whooped

Not if you're the one he draws

CM Punk VS Robbie Lawler
This is the only fight to make. It works well for everyone because Punk needs a striker and Robbie needs a good fight to get back into contention. Punk is a bigger name than Lawler so if Robbie wins, he'll look a lot better.

<{yearp}>

Give him a fucking striker

Hell feed him to the platinum goat

#platinumbless
Hard to believe they gave him a wrestler first. But I guess they figured since he was a pro wrestler. Just seems in retrospect of course the fight would have at least lasted longer with standup

A bulked-up, washed-up name veteran on a losing streak with lots of wear and tear from 1 to 3 lower weight classes? Maybe Jens Pulver?

tenor.gif
Lmao as hilarious as that was, I really wish Mickey had kept it standing for a little bit. Would have probably been much more hilarious. But yeah I totally want to see him fight again.

SO... If Dana gives CM Punk one more shot like it looks like unfortunately, I believe it should be against a guy that will likely engage him in stand up (hopefully)

2 options here I see:

1.) CM Punk vs Charlie Ward (Ward last lost at UFC fight night 99) would be the most realistic match IMO ...both 0-1 in the UFC

BUT..maybe to benefit Mr. Sage Northcutt...Sage could get back in the win column and regain his popularity a bit by fighting CM Punk. (assuming he wins) That fight would stay off the ground likely.

What do you think?

Charlie Ward. That's the only option.

Back