CM Punk and straight edge

If I signed a million+ a year contract that requires me to play a character called lord of shits, I'd tattoo a pile of dog poopoo on my stomach without a second thought, and I'll walk around IRL without breaking my character, going to dog parks, point to piles of dog poop and screaming "bow down to your lord!" if that makes me more believable, hence more attention. It doesn't mean anything.

You're busting out some quality shit these days.

Lmao he's been straight edge since he was a teen. Before he was a wrestler. A decade before wwe. Its not a gimmick. Lmao and I'm starting to think that I hit a nerve when I mentioned alcohol and beating kids... Victim? Perpetrator? Both?

Then what's up with the picture of him with a beer? And did you read the article? He clearly is telling his teammates at roufusport about his hard partying...did he do that in grade school or something? Either he's full of shit, or his teammate is full of shit...you seem to have bought his "persona" hook, line, and sinker.

He's straight edge but he "parties". He stays up late, doesn't get a lot of sleep and at least before he got married, he had a new girl every week.

Also lmao beer isn't healthy or healthier than soda. Both are bad for you. And can I just get this straight...

Cm punk isn't straight edge because he has a Pepsi® tattoo and beer is healthier than soda. So he'd be better off drinking beer. Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, lmao, alcohol doesn't make people aggressive and impaired.

Actually, the straight edgers I've met don't have sex, or at least claim that is part of the lifestyle. They also don't take caffiene. If Punk is a straight edger, he's a shitty one.

My source on this is actual straight edge punks from SLC. It was pretty big there in the early 2000's. I don't know how strong the movement is now, but back then there were a lot of them. They'd always be getting in fist fights with smokers and drinkers at rock concerts. They rolled around in packs looking for trouble, and be very judgemental towards partiers, to the point of physical violence sometimes.

tumblr_njaa6s5RXQ1u1dypho1_540.jpg

Then what's up with the picture of him with a beer? And did you read the article? He clearly is telling his teammates at roufusport about his hard partying...did he do that in grade school or something? Either he's full of shit, or his teammate is full of shit...you seem to have bought his "persona" hook, line, and sinker.
In the days of MySpace I had straight edge friends who would pose with illegal substances as a goof. Do you have a sense of humor? Its not funny to you (or me) but it prob gets a giggle from his friends AND gets idiots like us talking. If you don't personally know people in hardcore/punk scene you can't really understand. But cm punk has be clean and sober for over 20 years. Go check out his chubby physique in wwe. That's the body you get without steroids. (I'm not straight edge by the way. I'm just not a dumb jock like the majority of people reading this. Go have a kegger and sexually assault an underage girl beta delta phi Tribeca)

Actually, the straight edgers I've met don't have sex, or at least claim that is part of the lifestyle. They also don't take caffiene. If Punk is a straight edger, he's a shitty one.

My source on this is actual straight edge punks from SLC. It was pretty big there in the early 2000's. I don't know how strong the movement is now, but back then there were a lot of them. They'd always be getting in fist fights with smokers and drinkers at rock concerts. They rolled around in packs looking for trouble, and be very judgemental towards partiers, to the point of physical violence sometimes.

Once again, the tattoo is about 20 years old. This conversation brings me back to when I was a teenager and wed snicker at the straight edge kids "I thought he didn't do drugs. Caffeine is a drug!". Its about drugs that ruin your life. I know, I know, technically...

And SLC punks/hardcore scene wasvknown in the 90s to take things too seriously and slc is full if Mormons so a lot of those extreme stances come from just being in that part of the country

Neither do I (apart from supplements), except for very occasionally when the situation demands it socially. I wouldn't say i'm straight edge because I have never made a point to NOT drink / smoke / etc. I just am naturally not drawn to do these things. When somebody asks me why I don't drink i'll tell them for the opposite reasons that you do.

Its funny that cm punk brought the straight edge movement to the masses and probably (definitely) brought it yo the attention of people who would otherwise not know what its about. Straight edge (until probably less than 10 years ago) was a punk/hardcore thing. Now there's 40 year old men online discussing it.

Potential for most hilarious failed drug test ever.

Do us proud WADA or WASADA or whatever the acronym is

The pic doesn't even show Punk holding the beer.
That beer can easily be on a table.

There was a documentary of him being STRAIGHT EDGED. If he wasn't we would have heard a long time ago.

He's slept with tons of WWE Divas. He legit holds the record.

I didn't touch any booze or drugs of any kind for 7 weeks once. It was really boring.

He's slept with tons of WWE Divas. He legit holds the record.

Sleeping around like that is also completely against the straight edge-principles. B-B-But maybe all he did was snuggle with those divas...

Straight Edge has morphed into different sects. The original lyric from Ian MacKaye was "(I) Don't smoke. Don't drink. Don't fuck. At least I can fucking think."

Ian himself said he wasn't trying to start a lifestyle and it was just a personal lyric about himself being out of step with the world. The Straight Edge philosophy started and people didn't drink, smoke, take drugs or have casual/promiscuous sex.

Over time and well after Minor Threat broke up, certain people took a step further and went vegan, didn't drink caffeine and would abstain from sex period or wait until they are married. It reminds me of some atheists getting labeled "strong atheists".

Punk has had sexual relations with virtually every hot and not so hot female in wrestling. If that's a requirement of Straight Edge, he fails. I'm pretty confident he's drug free otherwise.

Problem with this is he got that tattoo well before he was in the WWE.

I think the Pepsi tattoo is about how he doesn't drink alcoholic beverages.

I know plenty of people who got straight edge tattoos as teenagers but pretty much none of them stayed that way past 20.

Only on Shedog does someone make one thread about a person in 3.5 years of posting and some ignorant idiot calls him "obsessed".

I think it's more about people in general making way too many threads about it for no reason. I like the guy and his hustle in the pro wrestling world and his injuries now are just a result of that. If people dislike him so much and dislike wrestling so much why the fuck do they keep talking about it. It's like those lesbians trying to look like the thing they hate...

Straight Edge has morphed into different sects. The original lyric from Ian MacKaye was "(I) Don't smoke. Don't drink. Don't fuck. At least I can fucking think."

Ian himself said he wasn't trying to start a lifestyle and it was just a personal lyric about himself being out of step with the world. The Straight Edge philosophy started and people didn't drink, smoke, take drugs or have casual/promiscuous sex.

Over time and well after Minor Threat broke up, certain people took a step further and went vegan, didn't drink caffeine and would abstain from sex period or wait until they are married. It reminds me of some atheists getting labeled "strong atheists".

Punk has had sexual relations with virtually every hot and not so hot female in wrestling. If that's a requirement of Straight Edge, he fails. I'm pretty confident he's drug free otherwise.

I see. I can only speak from my experience with the people I've met who follow this philosophy. I've never personally had any interest in straight edge lifestyles, I'm a weed smoker since high school and will probably keep smoking til I die. I do believe in live and let live tho, so I don't have any issues with a person being straight edge as long as they aren't dicks about forcing their opinions on others.

I think it's more about people in general making way too many threads about it for no reason. I like the guy and his hustle in the pro wrestling world and his injuries now are just a result of that. If people dislike him so much and dislike wrestling so much why the fuck do they keep talking about it. It's like those lesbians trying to look like the thing they hate...

I don't dislike CM punk at all. I had just heard he was straight edge and then I read an article where his teammate talked about Punk's war stories from hard partying. I thought I'd ask here for some clarification since a lot of others know much more about CM than I do.

If I signed a million+ a year contract that requires me to play a character called lord of shits, I'd tattoo a pile of dog poopoo on my stomach without a second thought, and I'll walk around IRL without breaking my character, going to dog parks, point to piles of dog poop and screaming "bow down to your lord!" if that makes me more believable, hence more attention. It doesn't mean anything.

What about for a $20 contract?

Back