CM Punk and straight edge

RedSoul

Invisible Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't follow pro wrestling, but from friends and various internet posts/articles I gathered that CM Punk was a straight edger. I was just reading an article about Punk on Sherdog, where his teammate was talking about his upcoming fight. In the article the teammate alluded to Punk doing some hard partying.

FTA- “You’ve got to give the guy some credit. Yeah, he came from pro wrestling, but that takes a toll on your body too,” Sanchez said. “You’ve got to imagine being on the road, getting slammed -- even though it’s all choreographed. It takes a toll on your body. He’s done his fair share of partying too; he’s told us some stories. In your young wonder years it takes a toll on your body now. He’s paying for it now a little bit.”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ro...-Will-Fight-in-UFC-100173#Q54FrAO0sVTMZm4x.99

So, WWE Fans, my question is this...Does Punk claim that he's never done drugs or booze or anything ever? I definitely have met people in RL who have claimed that he doesn't never has, and never would. The above statement heavily implies otherwise...

It's a pro wrasslin face gimmick. It's fake just like his purported Muay Thai back ground in ECW, Edmond's pro fighting record and Andre the Giant claiming to be 8' or some BS height.

why are you obsessed enough with this dude to find out?

CM Punk is straight edge.

Phil Brooks doesn't give a fuck.

hqdefault.jpg

who cares, he will never fight.

It's a pro wrasslin face gimmick. It's fake just like his purported Muay Thai back ground in ECW, Edmond's pro fighting record and Andre the Giant claiming to be 8' or some BS height.

I think he claims to be straight edge in real life as well. I mean, he has it tattooed on his stomach.

Why is he called coach on his Twitter by the way?

doubt any of that was real. Straight edge is just meant to piss people off because of a holier than thou attitude. Punk likes pissing people off for attention, he's actually done a great job rustling sherdogger jimmies over his move to the UFC and now perpetual delays. When it finally happens all troo fans will watch the ppv to see him get an ass whooping non kayfabe.

Used it in storylines, but I think he claims to be straight edge in real life as well. I mean, he has it tattooed on his stomach.

If I signed a million+ a year contract that requires me to play a character called lord of shits, I'd tattoo a pile of dog poopoo on my stomach without a second thought, and I'll walk around IRL without breaking my character, going to dog parks, point to piles of dog poop and screaming "bow down to your lord!" if that makes me more believable, hence more attention. It doesn't mean anything.

Yep. I remember arguing with someone on here about this.

No wonder he looks so angry all the time.

If I signed a million+ a year contract that requires me to play a character called lord of shits, I'd tattoo a pile of dog poopoo on my stomach without a second thought, and I'll walk around IRL without breaking my character, going to dog parks, point to piles of dog poop and screaming "bow down to your lord!" if that makes me more believable, hence more attention. It doesn't mean anything.

Problem with this is he got that tattoo well before he was in the WWE.

I think the Pepsi tattoo is about how he doesn't drink alcoholic beverages.

why are you obsessed enough with this dude to find out?

Only on Shedog does someone make one thread about a person in 3.5 years of posting and some ignorant idiot calls him "obsessed".

Back