Club only trains 2x per week

There are national champions/medalists at my club who train no more than twice a week. Seriously. Do whatever you feel is best for the development of your game. If there's a club with better quality elsewhere, go there. If you can do both, do both. Get whatever mat time you can get.

My local Judo club trains just twice a week, but seeing how regularly some sherdogers train and clearly how often many martial artists train, I feel as tough I'm possibly missing out. I'd happily train 5 times a week if I could.

So should I look to train at another club also, or take up some BJJ to help my Judo groundgame or something?

Take this place with a grain of salt. Your post is a bit like a casual pot smoker asking the editor of High Times if he should smoke weed more often. Hardcore enthusiasts are always going to say you should do more.

I suppose the others above have a proper response to your post but I am a bit curious to know what makes you say so? In short, what is the basis for this observation?

well, i was bored. so i want to troll sometimes. it's been a long time that i didn't. thanks for your responses guys, it makes me laugh...Hhhhhh.

ok serious response: 2 times a week isn't enough bro really! i know many judo clubs that do 3 times a week and that's the minimum i think. i advice you to train also bjj which will improve your ground game. good luck!

I have a similar problem for the last 2 years training in Venezuela only had 3 times a week classes and very short hours. My recommendations is gracie garage if you can. If not try to extend the amount of hours you train those times. We asked the class ahead of us if they could give us a extra hour a day.

5x a week. :D
I'm still a growing boy, so I don't feel the tax yet. lol

Back