Clottey Vs Judah possible. Who you gots if so?

Half of a fight is your case? Come on, you're going to need to do a lot better than that. Zab had one or two nice moments early, stunned Miguel but was NOT winning rounds.

I can see what youre saying about pot shoting and what not, but Clottey is not open to shots down the middle. His defense is specifically designed to contain that kind of offense.

Half of a fight is your case? Come on, you're going to need to do a lot better than that. Zab had one or two nice moments early, stunned Miguel but was NOT winning rounds.

I can see what youre saying about pot shoting and what not, but Clottey is not open to shots down the middle. His defense is specifically designed to contain that kind of offense.

Well, thats where hand speed will come into play. Advantage- Zab. Countering Clotteys bunches of punches.

Advantage Zab in the handspeed and power department in basically every fight of his entire career, bro. Zab's a one shot and out kinda guy. Especially @ 147.

I agree with Tam in that Clottey should win.
I do not agree that it will be easy, however.

Clottey should win with solid defense, good chin and consistent workrate.

Still, it is a winnable fight for Zab, but he'd have to actually come to fight all night, and I truly don't think that's happenning in the twilight of his career.

ps---wtf should Zab get the shot ahead of SSM? Zab's the one that fucked up that fight, and I'd rather see SSM against Clottey than have to watch Judah. At least SSM has a tried and true heart for the battle.

Woot! Could be my boy Clottey's coming out party. It will be the greatest 4 round fight ever!!!

Nice lug.

BTW, there have been signs that some have seen with their own two eyes that Zab might be entirely past it, a-la Tyson, past even the ability to apply his natural talent.

I dunno if Mosley would be interested in a Clottey fight, to be honest.

I got to be the biggest Clottey fan here. And I would even admit that Clottey is a front runner from time to time. The guys is a the greatest fucking condition. The guy does crazy road work. But it doesn't matter how fit you are. You can just blow your load. No one... I mean NO ONE can unload the whole truck and expect to perform the next 8 rounds. But if he learns to pace himself, he can do even more damage. He has a pretty good skill set.

I dunno if Mosley would be interested in a Clottey fight, to be honest.

Even if it was for one of those shiny belt doo-dads?

Is there more cache attached to a victory over Zab(From SSM's perspective)?

Even if it was for one of those shiny belt doo-dads?

Is there more cache attached to a victory over Zab(From SSM's perspective)?

Well, there's more coin, you can be sure. There's also less risk. Clottey isn't high on anyone's list of opponents, to be honest. Especially an aging fighter who relies a great deal on his strength advantage over other welters.

Not saying Mosley wouldn't beat Josh...he probably would, but its a damn risky fight. Something I don't think a Zab Judah fight was.

Do I mean what I said? What part, pulduff?

*Your post got deleted with my EXTRA EXTRA posts.

Do I mean what I said? What part, pulduff?

*Your post got deleted with my EXTRA EXTRA posts.

Just 'cause you said it like 12 times :)

As far as shying away from tough fights... I really don't think that's SSM's thing. He's never had a problem facing anybody.

Hell, he just fought one of the toughest guys in the entire sport to pretty much a draw IMO, but perhaps the big $$$ had a lot to do with him taking that fight, and he's maybe had enough of the "Young Lion's".

I don't doubt Sugar Shane's huevos. He fought his amateur nemesis that knock him off in the Olympic trails. Fought him twice back to back. When he took De la Hoya's titles at 154, he went straight in there with Winky Wright (the most avoided champion at the time). Once again, he went back to back with him. And Mosley could have fought de la hoya after he took his titles for a big payday (but he wanted financial parity). On principle, he didn't and fought Winky for chump change and lost. But at this stage of his career, I feel Sugar Shane deserves the big paychecks. He won't get anything for Clottey -- money or title.

Clotttey takes this IMO. I just dont see Zab beating anyone he cant bully at this point.

Clotttey takes this IMO. I just dont see Zab beating anyone he cant bully at this point.

Shut your crap lousy face, McChatz chatz!!!

Clottey takes this, but It won't be a walk in the park due to Zab's natural talent (that's if Zab is not shot -- info. from KK). Zab's straight left down the pipe is still dangerous because it's so fast.

Shut your crap lousy face, McChatz chatz!!!

Clottey takes this, but It won't be a walk in the park due to Zab's natural talent (that's if Zab is not shot -- info. from KK). Zab's straight left down the pipe is still dangerous because it's so fast.

hahahahahaha

(that's if Zab is not shot -- info. from KK). Zab's straight left down the pipe is still dangerous because it's so fast.

There's been bad signs, and someone among us has seen them without needing the inside info.

tough fight for zab in alot of regards, we just don't know what he will do against a fighter of note; an he has not looked sterling against the tune up guys either

that being said its winnable as tough as clottey is; he has a tendency to do enought to make things close, but not win and for all his gaffes zab is still, when u compare careers, the kind of guy clottey usually comes up short w/

i think zab gets it, an has one last hurrah as a beltholder...but i think his time is coming to a close, which is a shame cus he should have been so much more based on talent alone.

I think Zab gets beat up and stopped.

Shane/Clottey is a pretty good matchup and I think Shane would pull out a close decision, but like others have said it's pretty high risk for not much reward.

I, like most here, favor Clottey in this bout. It is worth mentioning however that Clottey looked mediocre against Felix Flores, and though he stopped Jose Luis Cruz, it was an awful ref job. He's gotten a lot of traction off the Margarito fight, because other than that, I'm not sure where his reputation might be coming from.

Also, in regards to Zab being the easiest fight for Floyd at 147 that he's had, that's ridiculous. Zab won 4 rounds of that fight, including 3 of the first 4. Baldomir won zero. Mitchell won zero and got KOed.

Back