Clothing chain in China apologizes for Fat Shaming Women

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
RT-MART_Neihu_No-1.2_Store_20140928

A Chinese retail giant has been forced to apologize after it was revealed that signs in one of their stores described larger women’s clothing sizes as “rotten” and “terrible”.

Pictures of the disparaging signs went viral on Chinese social media, after a user shared an image of a size chart inside the RT-Mart store, which described small to medium sizes as “slim” and “beautiful”, while larger sizes were labelled “rotten” and “horrible”.
The sign included different heights and weights associated with each clothing size.

The customer shared the image on Weibo, where it racked up more than four million views, saying: “I was shocked when I saw this size chart at a RT-Mart today. Am I completely rotten?”

Following the online backlash, the supermarket chain, which has outlets across the country, issued an apology, claiming the offensive sign was an isolated incident and had only been found in one of their shops.
In a statement, RT-Mart said it “deeply regrets causing discomfort to the public due to inappropriate words used in some of its promotional materials" and promised to immediately remove the poster.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/13/business/china-department-store-clothing-size-intl-hnk/index.html

If this was in America, Karen would sue the pants off of them!

Last edited:
China has the best weight loss diets in the world. No reason to be fat there. Just eat at the wet markets. Food poisoning is instant 10lb loss.

All I could think about when reading the article was "Shop smart. Shop RT Mart. Hail to the king, baby."

They should not have apologised for telling the truth. That was the wrong thing to do.

No, they should have apologized. America is filled with about 70% of fat or obese people, you think these people dont have a heart? You think if my neighbor from the down the street gets pricked with an ice pick she wont bleed? You are a horrible human being tbh.

Like they give a fuck, they are Communists and have slaves for Christ’s sake.

Back