Closest Gym to USMA?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by xAsylum, Aug 28, 2010.

1. xAsylum

xAsylum Banned Banned

I might be attending it next year, and was wondering if there are any good gyms by it. Thanks.

2. Aranjuez

Aranjuez White Belt

Google...

3. xAsylum

xAsylum Banned Banned

I know there are gyms by it, I wanted to see if anyone could reccomend one in specific. Thanks though.

4. lts5025

lts5025 "What the **** is a Dim Mack?"

If you get into West Point, you will have an amazing opportunity that few people get. A world-class education that you get PAID for, a guaranteed job once you graduate and unparalleled leadership training that will make potential employers drool over you.

I wish I would have gone to a service academy instead of a civilian college.

1) At West Point you will have ZERO time to train outside of class.

2) As a first and second year cadet you are not allowed to have a car on base and will find it hard to get around off base

3) All cadets are required to participate in sports throughout the school year

4) West Point has elite-level boxing and judo teams and has added a grappling/combatives team.

In a nutshell, take judo, boxing, and grappling as your required sports and you won't have to worry about training for four years and will get a wealth of competitive experience and high-level instruction

5. xAsylum

xAsylum Banned Banned

I was reading about it and they have a grappling club, that would include BJJ, im assuming? and I saw the Boxing and Judo as well, thank you. THat's true, and I wouldn't have to pay a monthly fee!

6. lts5025

lts5025 "What the **** is a Dim Mack?"

I would assume it includes no-gi BJJ techniques, but I wouldn't say it's BJJ per se. It's probably more aptly called submission wrestling.

7. Mat Nemesis**

Mat Nemesis** Green Belt

don't they train with like a combat uniform on?

8. Vader Orlag

Vader Orlag White Belt

When I was in the army we trained in ACU's with running shoes instead of boots. I don't know about West Point. Boy those pt days were fun!