Close fight =

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by thehebrewhope, Sep 24, 2013.

1. thehebrewhope

thehebrewhope Orange Belt

close fight = robbery-travesty-joke-screwjob

Seriously, I had Gus winning, but it was an extremely close fight. The nature of a close fight is that it could swing either way. Aren't Jones-haters blowing this a weeeeeeee bit out of proportion?

2. BORCAT

BORCAT Banned Banned

You're a bit late on this bud.

3. Socialhandgrenade

Socialhandgrenade Silver Belt

I felt it was a close fight and imo was gus' fight but i'm no judge. I wouldn't call it a robbery. What a great fight though

4. ocarey2

ocarey2 Green Belt

I called it for Jones so I don't think my opinion will appease many Gus fans on this one but it was such a close fight. How could you possibly call it a robbery either way. MMA is subjective at the best of times let alone when it is this close. There will be a rematch to settle the doubts. Only fear is the same thing will happen again, but hell I'm willing to listen to whiny sherdoggers for years to come if I get to witness another 25 mins similar to what we saw at the weekend.

Honestly some people felt it was one sided enough in Gus' favour to warrant fixing and conspiracy allegations. I mean cmon guys. Don't you think maybe your just a little upset?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  5. BayStyles

BayStyles Black Belt

People love to overreact. Especially when it comes to someone whom they dislike.

6. wwedanawhite

wwedanawhite Black Belt

i had jones edging it out but claiming that either one was dominant or clearly won is silly, it was a close fight, and what happened, happened, nothing a rematch can't solve

7. green giant

green giant Honor still means something................

Your right but to me it was pretty clear gus beat jones up for the first 3 rounds. He beat him up in the last 2 rounds too but jones landed the more "wow" factor shots. I don't score fights but I do see them for what they are unbiased. I think most people who are not rooting for either fighter honestly would give it to gus.

8. Oleg Salenko

Oleg Salenko Gustafsson 4 Lyfe - Da Best

It was a close fight and both did great.

What irks me are the Jones lovers who seem to be trying to justify that they were writing Gus off as a can beforehand, by claiming it was a dominant performance.

9. Torrincian

Torrincian Blue Belt

There has been a lot of this.

"Jones wasn't trying all that hard to take down Gus, he wanted to prove he was the better standup striker."

-On being 1/11 takedowns on a striker, and being unable to keep Gus down for more than 5 seconds on his only takedown of the fight

"Gus's blows were all glancing strikes, Jones just marks up more easily."

-On Jones looking like he'd got run over after the fight

"Gus focused too much on his boxing in this camp, that's why his wrestling was off."

-On Jones being unable to take down Gus and getting generally picked apart for the first 3 rounds and the first 4:30 of round 4. You know, in spite of Jones' offense being about 95% kicks and elbows. Because those are textbook techniques all pro boxers use.

Honestly, it's getting ridiculous. Jones fans can't even stay consistent in their excuses to defend him for getting a lucky decision against a 9-1 underdog they were all saying he was going to annihilate before the fight.

10. cyrusthevyrus

cyrusthevyrus Black Belt

yes, but NOT UD....maybe SD.

11. Mistabutts

Mistabutts Orange Belt

Do you even realize how stupid that sounds? The Judges don't pool together and decide to give a split decision. They judge the fight individually.