Close calls that could have wrecked your life

Sabin

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have 2... would have wrecked a few other lives too.

1st one, I just got off of work and as I'm backing out of the parking space looking over my right shoulder, I punched it a bit. I never do this, just had a long day and wanted to get out of there. Anyways, as I came to a stop I put it into drive and see that I just missed a coworker by less than a foot. Probably 10-15mph, hospital trip for sure, and if he hits the pavement wrong...

2nd one, I'm at a crowded sporting event, bleachers are pretty much full with just a handful of empty spaces. I'm coming back from the concession stand and stepping in between people and am slightly off balance. I see a blanket and it flashes through my mind to just step on it, that's where my natural step would take me. As my leg's in the air I change my mind and reach a little further for an awkward step, then a few more rows and I'm at my seat. There was a fucking baby in that blanket. Nobody seemed to notice, but I got that horrible feeling in my stomach and felt that way all day and whenever I think about it still.

Thank God I missed them, especially the baby, damn that would have sucked.

Hehehe. Yes, more than a few. Very close. Very bad they would have been.

Pulling out of a 7/11 driveway...looked both ways ...thought I was good and pullout...and this 8 or 9 year old kid sprints in front of my car out of nowhere...I slam on the pedal...but I slam on the accelerator....not the brakes....and my car jerks forward.

This kid had matrix reflexes ....he pushes Himself off my hood and does a helicopter twist in mid air...lands on his feet....

I roll down my window ready to scream...but instead I wave....he waves back...

1) Traffic light turns green I drop water bottle so I stop the car to pick it up. Lucky I stop because car to my right goes through red light and would of clean me up. Had a huge adrenaline rush after that and a few beers.

2)In Malaysia and It's pouring down with rain and I see these stairs to get to an undercover area. As I walk half way down I slip Hitting my gluteus maximus on a stair and for a second or two my whole body was numb. English Tourist behind saw the whole thing and said one more stair upwards and your back of you head would of connected. Recommended I buy myself a bottle of expensive whisky.

3) Turning right on a roundabout I see a truck and he doesn't stop as he is on his phone and wasn't paying attention. Would of cleaned me up If I didn't stop and Lucky cops saw it and pulled the driver over.

brought home a mediumly hot chick from the bar and came about 20 seconds away from banging her before her friend showed up.

Only to find out 2 weeks later that the chick had the herps.

I was stopped at a red light about to make a left turn. There was a larger SUV across the street from me doing the same thing. The light just turned green and I waited on the SUV to go first for whatever reason, and a truck sped through the red light and slammed into the driver's side of the SUV. The woman wound up being bloodied up pretty good. I hung around to try to help as people were coming out of their houses and the local stores and stuff to see what happened. I was pretty shaken by it, as I know I could've been hit by the truck or by the SUV since it moved pretty far. The worst part was after the accident, I stuck around to fill out a report. I waited around probably an hour and no police or anyone seemed to give a shit. I waited some more, and finally I got the police to let me fill out a report, and it was a damn good thing as nobody else knew who was at fault. I saw the whole thing go down and knew it was the truck driver, but had I decided to bail - and nobody would have cared since apparently the police didn't even realize I saw everything go down - nobody would've been able to prove anything.

I've had other incidents, like almost backing into people or having close calls with traffic on the interstate, things like that, but that one kinda messed with me for a little bit, just seeing her get hit and all the blood and stuff afterward.

The other day I almost pulled out in front of an SUV going 70mph. I wanted to merge into the far lane and he was coming toward me but had his blinker on so I figured he was turning into my exit. Turns out he had just finished changing lanes when I looked over and saw him and just hadn't turned his blinker off because he just kept going and wizzed right by me.

Well, I actually went through with my marriage, so.....

Attempted OD. Was young and though I had found "the one". She went back home for two weeks (did modeling for extreme sports companies-every single one you could think of). On the 15tg day I wake uo to a text from her. I'm happy cuz I ger to wake up and talk to.her :) not as good as waking up next to her, but you get the poing

The text reads: "I still love (ex-fianc

Driving in the left lane of a highway in a rear wheel drive pickup truck on cruise controll.

Hit a patch of black ice and wheels spin out of control.

Truck fishtails and slams into the left guardrail.

Truck rebounds and flys across three lanes of high speed traffic before coming to a stop on right hand side of highway.

For sure the scariest ones would be almost running someone over. Once backing up didn't see the lady and barely missed her. Another time I would driving at night there wasn't any street lights and this lady decides to cross the road, she wasn't visible at all, and I again barely missed her. I was so close she kicked my car as I passe by at 35 mph. I was super scared. I don't even want to think about what could have happend that day.

punched a window ...i was in a rush to get to court and my roommates locked the door and left...so instead of finding a rock, i punched the back window...and well it broke into huge shards and a 4-5 inch piece pierced my right wrist...missed an artery by 2 cms ..and i had to get surgery because a piece broke off between my wrist bone after i pulled the shard out ...needless to say there was a pile of blood after a few seconds

when i was 5 i almost fell off an 8 story building

i was close to saying some very offensive things to my 12th grade statistics teacher that may have gotten me expelled

7 years ago i broke up with my girlfriend at 3am and was afraid she would wreck my car that was outside of her house. i was drinking a lot earlier in the night but stopped for about 2 hours prior. i was functional but i knew that if i got pulled over that would have ruined my flawless driving record. it was the first and last time i ever drove drunk.

Back in 08 when I was driving with my instructor, I was only on a few hours and it was going good but this fucktard jumped right in front of the car and I almost hit him. My instructor mouthed off at him and told me that she'd seen that kid before and him and his friends like to do that around the area.

The other experience I was too young to remember.

Last edited:
driving my first car, an 87 celebrity that I payed $800 for... rear tires needed replacing
was driving around a curve in slushy, freezing rain weather and the car started to spin
hit a concrete lamppost... right behind me... banged my head but was alright...
a couple of inches closer.... cop gave me a $365 careless driving ticket but didnt
file in time so it was cancelled.

other time... walking down the sidewalk and came to T-section, I was on the T side
but there was a home depot and a liquor store parking lot that exited there so there
was walking signal to stop pedestrians, I had the right of way so walking across the
exit and the guy waiting at the red light to turn left was looking right and didnt see me
walk in front of car when he hit the gas... ended up on the hood but not hurt

Was attempting a front flip into a pool. Ran up, got some good velocity, but as soon as I planted my feet (was a two foot front flip), I slid on the wet ground near the pool edge. I put my heels down instinctively to try to halt me but I slid on them. Since the edge was rounded up, I slid off the edge and did a reverse belly flop (hit the water on my back). I felt my hair touch the side of the pool on my way down, and people were convinced that I hit the back of my head on the side. Who knows what kind of brain damage/injury could have come from that.

Another thing, if you're going to be selling legit opiates, keep a Narcan shot handy. I've saved two lives with it. Horrifying experiences, because a dead addict on your floor means your ass

Probably the scariest experiences of my.life

First open heart surgery when I was 2 years old. Basically the cardiologist told my parents that I had a 10% chance of surviving the surgery and if I didn't have the surgery I'd be dead within a year. So yeah that was my brush with death the first time

Also three heroin overdoses a few years back. I however am clean of that shit for a good 5 years. Stick to soft drugs and psychedelics folks. You'll be better off and have a damn good time

First open heart surgery when I was 2 years old. Basically the cardiologist told my parents that I had a 10% chance of surviving the surgery and if I didn't have the surgery I'd be dead within a year. So yeah that was my brush with death the first time

Also three heroin overdoses a few years back. I however am clean of that shit for a good 5 years. Stick to soft drugs and psychedelics folks. You'll be better off and have a damn good time

Props man! She's a bitch to get rid of ehh??

Back