Clinton's Reported Income Of 140 Million Since 2007

Average Americans need a champion

If we're being honest (something that is unfortunately rare in campaigns), she was talking about the fact that they don't make most of their money from capital gains. It's just one of those little things that happens in every campaign--one of those phrases that is taken out of context and hammered into the ground by the opposition. Like Obama's "you didn't build that" (actually referring to infrastructure) or McCain's "the fundamental of the economy are strong" (just trying to reassure people).

It's funny to see all these right-wingers who are so genuinely concerned that Clinton might not be as liberal as her positions indicate.

She could still be extremely liberal, just cashing checks for rich liberal interests.

As it's been shown over and over again, Dem's have plenty of rich people. And satisfying corporate interests doesn't make a politician right-wing, it makes them a politician.

If we're being honest (something that is unfortunately rare in campaigns), she was talking about the fact that they don't make most of their money from capital gains. It's just one of those little things that happens in every campaign--one of those phrases that is taken out of context and hammered into the ground by the opposition. Like Obama's "you didn't build that" (actually referring to infrastructure) or McCain's "the fundamental of the economy are strong" (just trying to reassure people).

When Obama says "you didn't build that", if the "you" is the businessman and the "that" is the highway that his business sits alongside, it is a statement of pure fact.

But you can't, in the same way, "correctly" interpret Clinton's "not truly well off" statement using the method by which a person earns the bulk of their income as context. In fact, there are people whose primary income stream comes from capital gains who are not anywhere near as "well off" as the Clinton's.

(If Clinton had said something like, "Yes, we're well off - but we worked for our money," you might have had a case. Though it still would have been an asinine and out of touch statement on her part.)

It's very clear that in Hillary's mind, because of the income brackets of the sort of rarefied people the Clinton's hob nob amongst, she and Bill are not "truly well off". Her economic points of reference are entirely contained in the .01%.

But keep swinging, slugger.

When Obama says "you didn't build that", if the "you" is the businessman and the "that" is the highway that his business sits alongside, it is a statement of pure fact.

But you can't, in the same way, "correctly" interpret Clinton's "not truly well off" statement using the method by which a person earns the bulk of their income as context. In fact, there are people whose primary income stream comes from capital gains who are not anywhere near as "well off" as the Clinton's.

(If Clinton had said something like, "Yes, we're well off - but we worked for our money," you might have had a case. Though it still would have been an asinine and out of touch statement on her part.)

It's very clear that in Hillary's mind, because of the income brackets of the sort of rarefied people the Clinton's hob nob amongst, she and Bill are not "truly well off". Her economic points of reference are entirely contained in the .01%.

But keep swinging, slugger.

Nah, you're just once again uncritically parroting stuff you've heard from some right-wing site.

Here's the whole quote:

But they don't see me as part of the problem because we pay ordinary income tax, unlike a lot of people who are truly well off, not to name names; and we've done it through dint of hard work.

Actually pretty similar to your hypothetical in which I "might have had a case."

Jimmy Carter said it America is a hierarchy. Too bad he didn't say who is at the top of that hierarchy.

Billionaire progressive liberal Jews

Billionaire conservative Jews

They largely finance and control both sides but nobody dares say it because it offends and will even get you banned on here.

Oh the liberal Jews are the most wicked. What is liberal about them? aborting gentile babies, pushing immigration while supporting Israel for Jews only. In fact a lot of the Leftist Jews are simply controlled opposition to Israel like the BDS movement.

I'm from Britain it is a similar situation here and nobody says it because it's a death sentence. Anti-Semite, Holocaust denier! Even the BBC has been hijacked by them.

Nah, you're just once again uncritically parroting stuff you've heard from some right-wing site.

You're right... I had not seen the full quote.

Now it's clear that, as I jokingly suggested initially, she is talking about billionaires when she refers to the "truly well off".

And it is also clear that she in fact did go the asinine and out of touch route of referring to her wealth as the product of "hard work".

Not having seen this quote before I don't think it's a stretch to suggest I am prophetically gifted. :icon_chee

You're right... I had not seen the full quote.

Now it's clear that, as I jokingly suggested initially, she is talking about billionaires when she refers to the "truly well off".

And it is also clear that she in fact did go the asinine and out of touch route of referring to her wealth as the product of "hard work".

Not having seen this quote before I don't think it's a stretch to suggest I am prophetically gifted. :icon_chee

So you're not going to acknowledge that you said "I might have a point" if the quote was what it actually was?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back