Clinton's Reported Income Of 140 Million Since 2007

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
r

Hillary and Bill Clinton have made mad money since 2007 with speeches and book deals. Just in speeches alone they made 23 million dollars since 2007. Hillary faces huge problems with the trust issue due to this news after she released her income records.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/01/us-usa-election-clinton-taxes-idUSKCN0Q52IH20150801

I'm sure Hillary will get the same "out of touch" label that Romney did...any day now.

Making or having a lot of money isn't that big of a deal I don't think, unless they are trying to act poor or have gotten it in nefarious ways.

A bigger deal is paying good money to get BS'd by a politician. That's like a form of self flagellation.

I wouldn't trust Hillary even if she was poor. That woman has bad intentions.

Speaking racket pays well for ex-presidents. I remember W. Bush had made $15mil in speaking fees only being out of office for two years.

As far as Hillary, she is a rich lady who is completely bankrolled by Wall Street. It's not much of a secret.

I definitely don't like how much money there is in politics, but the speech circuit doesn't really bother me. I'd rather universities didn't pony up a couple hundred grand to hear some windbag speak, but there are some inspiring stories there I'm sure. This plays into the narrative on Clinton, but it's also not really anything anyone didn't already know.

Interesting list and thanks for sharing.

No problem. The gov't is kind of misleading because we're talking about 2.7 million individuals. Relative to their presence in the country, it looks like the entertainment industry is her biggest backer. And in absolute terms, it looks like the legal industry is tops. Though the amounts aren't that much. Donations from Wall Street as a whole are heavily to Republicans (not as heavily tilted toward Republicans as in 2012, though). If you look at Democratic PACs, as you'd expect, it's overwhelmingly unions.

Even more concerning than the amount of her income is the fact Hillary stated she and Bill were not "truly well off" just a couple of weeks ago in an interview.

She possesses a "let them eat cake" level of disconnect from 99.9% of American citizens.

Hopefully we'll get to hear her rationalize with something like this soon:

"When I think of those who are 'truly well off' I'm thinking of billionaires. A multi-millionaire is sort of well off I suppose. But the wolf is still always pretty close to the door. This is what allows me to understand and commiserate with the working poor and middle-class in America. We share the stresses of economic uncertainty that out of touch billionaires like the Koch's simply cannot relate to."

Who gives a fuck how much they make? People want to hear them talk, want to read their books. As long as there is nothing illegal, I don't see what the issue is.

I don't really care how much money she has - it's not going to make her any more likeable.

The real question is when do the men's right activists point out that her husband made most of that money and she's reaping the benefits of his hard work while pushing a feminist agenda?

Nice try, they give money to Bill to speak and they donate to their slush fund (Clinton Foundation). This thread is about their income too

You honestly think people pay them millions to speak and aren't buying influence? I know you don't no matter what u say.

Bill Clinton was paid more than $100 million for speeches between 2001 and 2013, according to federal financial disclosure forms filed by Hillary Clinton during her years as a senator and as secretary of state.

The Post analysis shows that, among the approximately 420 organizations that paid Bill Clinton to speak during those years, 67 were also foundation donors that each gave the charity at least $10,000.

Many of those funders were major financial institutions that are viewed suspiciously by liberals whom Clinton has been courting as she seeks to secure the Democratic nomination

speeches....hah

Hilary is bringing down the oligarchy a million dollars at a time. Keep robbing 'em blind lawyer lady. Us little people got your back.

The financial industry has been Clinton’s most frequent sponsor. The Post review showed that Wall Street banks and other financial services firms have hired Clinton for at least 102 appearances and paid him a total of $19.6 million.

Goldman Sachs has hired Bill Clinton for eight speeches over the years totaling $1.35 million, many of them client meetings in such locales as Paris, Phoenix, and the South Carolina beach resort of Kiawah Island.

Goldman also has paid Hillary Clinton: She addressed tech entrepreneurs in Arizona last fall and women in finance in New York this year.

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how...a0b372-fd3a-11e3-8176-f2c941cf35f1_story.html

There is never a sum that is enough for some people. :icon_chee No matter if they have a plan to make the entire world better rather than just themselves it's fine to be ambitious and do it the right way.

Back