1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Clinton's Reported Income Of 140 Million Since 2007

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by PEB, Aug 2, 2015.

1. PEB

PEB Atomic Butt Drop Champ :)

2. gigantalor

gigantalor Black Belt

I'm sure Hillary will get the same "out of touch" label that Romney did...any day now.

3. IDL

IDL Gold Belt

Making or having a lot of money isn't that big of a deal I don't think, unless they are trying to act poor or have gotten it in nefarious ways.

A bigger deal is paying good money to get BS'd by a politician. That's like a form of self flagellation.

4. ripskater

ripskater Guest

I wouldn't trust Hillary even if she was poor. That woman has bad intentions.

5. Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim Silver Belt

Speaking racket pays well for ex-presidents. I remember W. Bush had made $15mil in speaking fees only being out of office for two years.

As far as Hillary, she is a rich lady who is completely bankrolled by Wall Street. It's not much of a secret.

6. Makani

Makani Ain't Nobody Ever Been Free

I definitely don't like how much money there is in politics, but the speech circuit doesn't really bother me. I'd rather universities didn't pony up a couple hundred grand to hear some windbag speak, but there are some inspiring stories there I'm sure. This plays into the narrative on Clinton, but it's also not really anything anyone didn't already know.

7. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

8. Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim Silver Belt

9. YoungBoyd

YoungBoyd Milletinin lideridir Erdoğan

They are all the same.

10. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

No problem. The gov't is kind of misleading because we're talking about 2.7 million individuals. Relative to their presence in the country, it looks like the entertainment industry is her biggest backer. And in absolute terms, it looks like the legal industry is tops. Though the amounts aren't that much. Donations from Wall Street as a whole are heavily to Republicans (not as heavily tilted toward Republicans as in 2012, though). If you look at Democratic PACs, as you'd expect, it's overwhelmingly unions.

11. ultramanhyata

ultramanhyata Gold Belt

Even more concerning than the amount of her income is the fact Hillary stated she and Bill were not "truly well off" just a couple of weeks ago in an interview.

She possesses a "let them eat cake" level of disconnect from 99.9% of American citizens.

Hopefully we'll get to hear her rationalize with something like this soon:

"When I think of those who are 'truly well off' I'm thinking of billionaires. A multi-millionaire is sort of well off I suppose. But the wolf is still always pretty close to the door. This is what allows me to understand and commiserate with the working poor and middle-class in America. We share the stresses of economic uncertainty that out of touch billionaires like the Koch's simply cannot relate to."

12. Drago81

Drago81 White Belt

Who gives a fuck how much they make? People want to hear them talk, want to read their books. As long as there is nothing illegal, I don't see what the issue is.

13. Madmick

Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

He wasn't labeled with that merely because he is rich.

14. panamaican

panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

I don't really care how much money she has - it's not going to make her any more likeable.

The real question is when do the men's right activists point out that her husband made most of that money and she's reaping the benefits of his hard work while pushing a feminist agenda?

15. clmetal

clmetal Iced Earth

Nice try, they give money to Bill to speak and they donate to their slush fund (Clinton Foundation). This thread is about their income too

You honestly think people pay them millions to speak and aren't buying influence? I know you don't no matter what u say.

16. second sight

second sight Reversing Submissions from Father Time

speeches....hah

17. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre Titanium Belt

Hilary is bringing down the oligarchy a million dollars at a time. Keep robbing 'em blind lawyer lady. Us little people got your back.

18. clmetal

clmetal Iced Earth

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how...a0b372-fd3a-11e3-8176-f2c941cf35f1_story.html

19. 5H3RD0G

5H3RD0G Silver Belt

There is never a sum that is enough for some people. :icon_chee No matter if they have a plan to make the entire world better rather than just themselves it's fine to be ambitious and do it the right way.

20. TheFirstEMP

TheFirstEMP Overdone and dry! Platinum Member

He linked a Vox article. An extremely left-wing "news" site that more than likely donates to Hillary.