Clint Eastwood blasts 'pussy generation' in Esquire interview

Oh these youths with togas halfway down their legs

When he was a kid, you could straight up murder black people, and people would just quietly take it. People weren't pussies standing up for themselves and their fellow citizens then. Meek acceptance of injustice is super manly and shit.

aWm83.gif

Last edited:
Of course when you talk about a generation of pussies, it's the liberals ITT that get upset

jokes aside, he's totally right, the pussification of the US has been going on for some time

once schools starting banning Dodgeball, b/c it 'taught to pick on the weak' and every kid got a trophy, it was a wrap

As important as it is that we don't accept an old, senile actor's political musings as any but that, I happen to agree with him. Not on the pussy generation bit as I think that's how every generation feels about the following ones (and its how they should feel, if they did their job right of leaving the world a better, more civil place), but on the fact that Trump is just a dude speaking his mind. He says some ignorant, ill-conceived shit, but the media likes to take any opportunity they can to portray him as a charicature of what he is. It's overly dramatic and annoying.

This isn't some random old Joe talking shit at a bar this is a guy who could end up in in the most powerful position of the most powerful country in the world.

The verdict is in America. Strong, take-no-shit, alpha males like Clint Eastwood, Mike Tyson, Chuck Norris and Ted Nugent back Trump. Weak, limp-wristed little pussies back Hillary.

Don't be a pussy on November 8th.

American badass. Sage truth-teller. Fearless celebrity. Gorgeously complicated artist.

To save the time of explicating "Center-Right Libertarian", I typically describe myself these days to those who inquire as a "Hollywood Republican", and cite Eastwood and Bill Burr as political analogues.

I fall in with Burr on Trump, not Eastwood, as I simply cannot stand the man's buffoonish and clumsy nationalist approaches to issues that could be much more intelligently achieved (ex. my arguments for mutually reflexive immigration policies with intolerant Islamic countries). Nevertheless, Eastwood has my undying respect, and is one of my favorite human beings alive. If I worked in Hollywood, he would be my dream #1 person to work with.

The verdict is in America. Strong, take-no-shit, alpha males like Clint Eastwood, Mike Tyson, Chuck Norris and Ted Nugent back Trump. Weak, limp-wristed little pussies back Hillary.

Don't be a pussy on November 8th.
Why do you people think Trump is tough? He's a complete priss.

Weak, limp-wristed little pussies back Hillary.

h.
The little pussies destroyed nations that were much our allies ( Lybia was almost the most important patner of Italy tha's why got trashed), Syria used to be an almost secular country, with a bodycount of hundred of thousand .
Ucraine was pushed in a civl war ..and we have seen nothing yet.
The little pussies organized and fund whole gruesome, appalling armies of jhiadist and nazists

Not bad for a pussy

Trump is just a dude speaking his mind.
this is supposed to be some kind of plus or good thing? just because someone rambles about shit doesnt make them right or worth listening to.

ITT: a bunch of people agreeing with a vegan actor from San Fransisco who starred in Paint Your Wagon that people are pussies.

ITT: a bunch of people agreeing with a vegan actor from San Fransisco who starred in Paint Your Wagon that people are pussies.
not like he was also in a million westerns,Gran Turino, In the Line of Fire, Absolute Power, etc...

oh, wait

not like he was also in a million westerns,Gran Turino, In the Line of Fire, Absolute Power, etc...

oh, wait

He's an actor dude. He makes a living off of playing tough-guy characters. IRL, he's anti-war, pro-choice and pro-gun control. He meditates, ffs.

He's an actor dude. He makes a living off of playing tough-guy characters. IRL, he's anti-war, pro-choice and pro-gun control. He meditates, ffs.
and yet.....he still thinks we're pussified.

says a lot IMO

I had to almost take sensitivity training, b/c I said 'fat people are fat for a reason' at a Federal Safety Officer meeting, on a USMC base FFS

if thats not being pussified, I don't know what is

Nothing sums up why you should ignore him beyond this:

When I grew up, those things weren't called racist.

@Jack V Savage hit the nail on the head. The things that weren't called racist when he was young were still racist...no matter the label. The man was born in 1930. That means that by the time the Civil Rights act passed he was already in his 30's. He grew up in a world with separate water fountains, schools, train cars being legal. Where you really could kill a black person for looking at a white person the wrong way and your community would applaud you for doing so.

If Clint is defining things based on how he remembers them in his youth then that's a pretty good reason to ignore Clint.

(Still like him as an actor though)

Back